Who do you support and why? - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL in the UK

Old 24.01.2013, 12:29 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by elanor_g View Post
I've grown up with American football in the house, my family all have their own teams Monarchs, Redskins - Sister, Bears - Mum, Oilers/Titans - Dad.

It wasn't until 2 years ago when I saw the Blind Side (Please don't switch off.) and saw Micheal get picked by the Ravens that I watched a few games on Sky. From the moment I saw the Raven D I was hooked, I mean the power in those hits and the bond they have as a team.

My goal now is to somehow go out to Charm City and see my boys play.
if you ever get to go its one of the best feeling in the life when i was there, and i had never ever watched a game before..lol. i love the blind side too..
Old 24.01.2013, 12:34 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeySFC View Post
Saints, because I support the English Football Saints so I had to support the American Football Saints too really didn't I...
Haha, My Mrs did the exact same thing!! she supports Derby County so she had to support the Rams. lol.
Old 24.01.2013, 07:46 PM
Pro

keep the stories coming in folks, its really interesting finding out how you came to supporting your teams,
Old 24.01.2013, 08:24 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetone79 View Post
Haha, My Mrs did the exact same thing!! she supports Derby County so she had to support the Rams. lol.
I support St Mirren, so maybe the Saints should have been my choice of team. We're playing Celtic in the League Cup Semi Final on Sunday, my underpants will probably be supporting the browns.

Old 24.01.2013, 08:44 PM
Team Captain

Cowboys. Linked to my fiance and some of her family living in Dallas and others being Native Texans. Also because I bought my first NFL Jersey in a JJB closing down sale about six years ago for £2.50. Absolute bargain that was.
Old 24.01.2013, 09:34 PM
Starter

I tried to get in to the game years ago when I was a 16 year old at high school when it was on C4. My mate was a Packers fans at the time (still is) and he tried to get me in to it but I stuck with NBA until a few years ago I bought Madden for my Wii and start flicking through the teams to choose a team to play a season with and settled with the Pats, mainly because I liked their logo! Didn't want to choose the Packers because my friend supports them or teams like the Giants, 49ers, Raiders, etc because I thought they were the more well known teams! Little did I know at the time the Pats were one of the best teams of the current era!
Old 24.01.2013, 10:22 PM
Rookie

I support the Bucs because of a family holiday in Tampa in January 2003, I was 13 at the time and was absolutely engrossed and captivated with the Bucs in the 3 winning games against the 49ers, Eagles and most importantly, the Raiders.

It literally seemed like nothing else was going on in the city at the time, everything revolving round Bucs and Superbowl fever. Genuinely never seen excitement and togetherness like it and it got me hooked for life. Being 13, I saw the 02/03 Bucs as super-heroes, especially the likes of Alstott and Sapp and I cheered for them (with limited knowledge of the rules) throughout each of the 3 games.
Old 24.01.2013, 10:29 PM
MVP

Detroit lions. i remember watching NFL coverage on channel 4 when i was a youngster and seeing barry sanders in action. was blown away. same with john elway. two legends and my two favourite all time best players, but somewhere along the way i started supporting detroit lions when i got a bit older when i got back into american football after a few years hiatus
Old 24.01.2013, 10:47 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS_Coaching View Post
I support the Bucs because of a family holiday in Tampa in January 2003, I was 13 at the time and was absolutely engrossed and captivated with the Bucs in the 3 winning games against the 49ers, Eagles and most importantly, the Raiders.

It literally seemed like nothing else was going on in the city at the time, everything revolving round Bucs and Superbowl fever. Genuinely never seen excitement and togetherness like it and it got me hooked for life. Being 13, I saw the 02/03 Bucs as super-heroes, especially the likes of Alstott and Sapp and I cheered for them (with limited knowledge of the rules) throughout each of the 3 games.
Great story, i went to see there last home game in december and the way the fans are over there is completely different to when we ave the IS games. BBQ's on the back of the pick up trucks, blokes and women and their families having great family time!!

My Mrs is a St Louis fan so she was happy about the result which made me happy. they made us feel really welcome and soon as they realised we were british, they invited us to there after game BBQ's which we obliged too!! an amazing time had and will never forget the kindness the Bucs fans shown us!!
Old 24.01.2013, 11:11 PM
Starter

First time I watched the SB was Cardinals Steelers because I had the next day off school for some reason. Was instantly hooked on the game since. Friends consist of a Steeler, 2 packers and an Eagle. Ruled out those teams because I wanted to be different. Flirted with San Fran because I have family who are native 49ers but wasn't fully committed then I remember watching the Texans lose to the Ravens so agonisingly with a 3rd choice, rookie QB and I haven't looked back

Tags
deja vu , nfl , nfluk , supporting a team , teams