Da Bears - Monsters of the Midway Thread - Page 319 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

Old 29.10.2009, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biolink View Post
Que?

Cuter's 1st INT was when we were down 28 points IIRC(Might have been 35, not sure).

If a team KNOWS you are throwing because you are down 35 points, you have no other choice, but to press the issue. Since you have no other choice, but to press the issue because you are down 35 points, a team can sit back and watch. Especially when the Bengals were generating pressure with their front 4. If you generate pressure with your front 4, you don't have to blitz or load the line up. If you don't have to blitz, or load the line up, you have the freedom of dropping players back in coverage. Since Cutler is being pressure by the front 4, since there are more players back in coverage, and since Cutler and every person watching and in the stadium knows that the Bears will be throwing the ball you WILL have interceptions.

Honestly he had 1 bad INT. The other 2 he was trying to make plays, but this joke of an offensive line can't give him any time.

Goes without saying that the Bears offensive line is a joke(There might be 2 starter quality players, in Garza and Williams. Kreutz is about below average, and the whole left side sucks.). On top of that the coaching is atrocious. I dream that by only getting Urlacher back the Bears will be a good team. He's better than what we have now, but even he isn't exactly the force he was in the NFL anymore(Though he's highly respected).

Be prepared for a small rebuilding phase for 2-3 years after we miss the playoffs this season...
That's pretty much how I see the situation as well. The only point I slightly disagree with is Williams being good and Kreutz not. Based on what I have seen this year Williams is struggling quite badly, although it's fair to say he is young and RT is not his position. Kruetz has been our best lineman this year imo, no penalties and solid in both pass and run blocking.

BTW: PFF have the Bengals v Bears game up and it shows just how good Palmer was last week. I think it is the best rated performance by a QB this season by their grading scale and possibly the best including 2008 as well but I'd have to check. Either way Palmer was absolutely dominant. Orlando Pace was taken to school by a rookie Michael Johnson, he is struggling really badly this season I would give Willliams a go at LT and put Beekman in at LG and see how we get on from there.
Old 29.10.2009, 02:17 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by olig23 View Post
I would give Willliams a go at LT and put Beekman in at LG and see how we get on from there.
Sheffer or Omiyale to RT?
Old 29.10.2009, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatme View Post
well given the money we have invested in Omiyale it seems a good idea to give him a go first. Either way the management seem determined to keep everything as is for now which is not working. Pace is playing really poorly and given that Williams was a first rounder it seems like a good idea to at least give him a try at his natural position.
Old 29.10.2009, 03:41 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by olig23 View Post
well given the money we have invested in Omiyale it seems a good idea to give him a go first. Either way the management seem determined to keep everything as is for now which is not working. Pace is playing really poorly and given that Williams was a first rounder it seems like a good idea to at least give him a try at his natural position.
Yeah, we are playing the Browns so it's a nice game to try it out. Something has to change otherwise the season really will end badly, both record wise and Cutler being physically/mentally harmed.
Old 29.10.2009, 04:33 PM
All Pro

must win games from now on....dont care who starts where just put points up and win the ball game........
Old 29.10.2009, 06:04 PM
Starter

Lovie was very defensive in the press conference (yesterday, I think) regarding any changes to the O Line. I think we'll see at least one change, probably Beekman coming in for Omiyale. Pace will get the benefit of the doubt for a while yet because of who he is, but something must change, because we're now more than a third of the way through the season, and we're regressing.

The current situation certainly seems to require someone asking why on earth Shaffer was brought in if he cannot get into the starting team.
Old 29.10.2009, 06:52 PM
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Biolink

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatme View Post
Sheffer probably.

You don't usually see Guards make the move to tackle. Its easier for a tackle to move to guard though.

Its been confirmed by ESPN 1000 that Beekman is coming in at LG, and Omiyale is sitting down.
Old 29.10.2009, 06:55 PM
Starter

News has been released that Beekman will be coming in at Guard, and Hillenmeyer will be at MLB, with Roach moving across.

We'd be expected to beat the Browns regardless of changes, so this week should be a good one to get a few things in order.
Old 29.10.2009, 07:02 PM
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Biolink

With the way the Bears have been playing, nothing is cut and dry. Philadelphia lost to the Oakland Raiders somehow, and the Raiders are bottom 3 in the NFL. They should have been blown out.

Bears can't afford to overlook the Browns. We can get this win, but the problems with this team are too great to fix in one season.
Old 29.10.2009, 07:07 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biolink View Post
Sheffer probably.

You don't usually see Guards make the move to tackle. Its easier for a tackle to move to guard though.

Its been confirmed by ESPN 1000 that Beekman is coming in at LG, and Omiyale is sitting down.
Well, he played tackle for Carolina. Not sure who i prefer really, think Shaffer is safer personally.