Why does everyone hate Tom Brady - Page 5 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 09.02.2011, 08:24 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLegend View Post
Success breeds jealousy and envy
Except he hasn't won for 7 seasons, and he's still not popular. So there's got to be more to it than envy.
Old 09.02.2011, 08:56 AM
All Pro

Obviously continued success and jealousy is a factor into the equation...combined with the model wife, prior Hollywood beauties, the money, good lucks etc etc....

However while I would say I don't ''hate'' Brady, a word often sued too much on here.... I would say he has done enough over the years to rub people up the wrong way.

In interviews he can occasionally come across as smug, there have been a number of instances of bad sportsmanship...the Superbowl against the Giants come to mind when he snubbed Manning prior to kick off. Over the past ten years I have seen him mouthing off towards opposition fans, (Not often, but I have seen him guilty of it) this was something that people in the media (and fans for that matter) have often used against Rivers.

Great player, the best QB of the past ten years in my eyes, and while some of the comments and derision against him are unnecessary (Not on here but in the wider spectrum of fan commentary) and a little bitter I don't think he always endears himself to the non Patriot community...but then again why should he have to....

Last edited by clarence worley; 09.02.2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09.02.2011, 10:09 AM
All Pro

HATE is an extremely over used word, I honestly do not understand how anyone can HATE someone who has not done them or their family any harm. I can however understand how some people dislike some of his antics i.e the ones mentioned in previous posts, but I guess a lot people are jealous of success, this seems to me to be confused with HATE. David Beckham, it seems, has to live with the same jealousys, I guess thats what the modern world is like for somebody who is born with talent coupled with good looks.
Old 09.02.2011, 10:34 AM
Team Captain

I'm cool with Brady - great QB, humble and seems like a nice guy. Bit robotic and boring to watch at times, but you also can't argue with his work ethic and the way that he buys completely into the team concept. More players (any position) should follow his example and tone down the me-first ego antics (Owens, Moss, Ochocinco).

It's Belichick I can't stand - great coach and all that but just can't warm to the guy as a person. Obviously there must be something to like as his players seem to love playing for him.