The official NFC South thread - Page 7 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 09.08.2005, 01:29 PM
Pro

Default Re:The official NFC South thread

Seems the injury bug has started to hit Panthers camp, with a dozen players not reporting to camp on Monday due to injury. Two of them being Minter and Lucas.
Old 09.08.2005, 02:37 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SimonXS

[quote author=O.C Panther link=board=1;threadid=10596;start=60#msg267612 date=1123594156]
Seems the injury bug has started to hit Panthers camp, with a dozen players not reporting to camp on Monday due to injury. Two of them being Minter and Lucas.
[/quote]

Nothing Major

Lucas has a mild muscle strain, and Minter also has a mild knee sprain, both arnt major injurys and both will be back soon.

Luckly we have great depth at both positions so nothing to worry about atall even for Pre-season
Old 05.09.2005, 10:28 PM
All Pro

Time to resurrect this thread.

Also time to blow the myth that the Panthers are any good. We denied you last year, and we'll deny you again on Sunday
Old 06.09.2005, 07:36 AM
All Pro

looks like our season will derail at Minnesota before we even get going!!

not full of optimism for this year
Old 11.09.2005, 09:14 AM
All Pro

What do you people think the results will be, of the NFC South teams games?

The New Orleans Saints go on the road to Charlotte to go up against the Carolina Panthers, who have high hopes from last seasons strong finsih. Both teams had strong finishes in actual fact.

The Buccaneers vist the Metradome to take on the Minnesota Vikings. Without Randy Moss will the Vikings still have a potent offence? The Buccs are led by a resurgent Brian Griese.

And Lastly the Monday Night match up between the Eagles and the Falcons at the Georgia Dome (Live on Five 2am). Can Vick finally produce the goods in the Passing Game, can the Secondary stop the passing game of McNabb?

Your Thoughts...

Old 11.09.2005, 09:41 AM
All Pro

Quote:
The New Orleans Saints go on the road to Charlotte to go up against the Carolina Panthers, who have high hopes from last seasons strong finsih. Both teams had strong finishes in actual fact.
The Panthers will be too strong defensively for me on this one..
Quote:
The Buccaneers vist the Metradome to take on the Minnesota Vikings. Without Randy Moss will the Vikings still have a potent offence? The Buccs are led by a resurgent Brian Griese.
I dont think our offensive line will be able to create holes for the Caddy to run thru (i hope im wrong!) so its gonna need greise to really make some plays. If he tries to force things i dont think its gonna be pretty. Close but Vikes for me

Quote:
And Lastly the Monday Night match up between the Eagles and the Falcons at the Georgia Dome (Live on Five 2am). Can Vick finally produce the goods in the Passing Game, can the Secondary stop the passing game of McNabb?
With all the off season shenanigans that have beset Philly i can see Vick and Falcons pulling off an upset
Old 11.09.2005, 11:59 AM
All Pro

[quote author=Orange County link=board=1;threadid=10596;start=60#msg287185 date=1126430089]

Your Thoughts...

[/quote]

Think that Carolina are the favourites in the game against the Saints, but I don't think it will be a pushover and we'll be fired up after Hurricane Katrina - hopefully our big 3 ( Brooks, McAllister, Horn ) can lead by example on offense. I still think you have to fancy the Panthers but it will be close I reckon.

Minnesota should beat the Buccs without too many problems - though it will be interesting to see how Culpepper fares without the most talented WR in the NFL to throw to. Can the Buccs D take advantage? I have to fancy the Vikings though, especially as they are home.

As for the Falcons / Philly game its really interesting and I wouldn't like to pick a winner. All the problems that Philly had this off season could count against them, but I'll tip the Eagles for a narrow win, though it could be a case of the team that has the ball last coming good.
Old 13.09.2005, 03:31 PM
All Pro

[quote author=SteButt link=board=1;threadid=10596;start=60#msg287222 date=1126439962]
[quote author=Orange County link=board=1;threadid=10596;start=60#msg287185 date=1126430089]

Your Thoughts...

[/quote]

Think that Carolina are the favourites in the game against the Saints, but I don't think it will be a pushover and we'll be fired up after Hurricane Katrina - hopefully our big 3 ( Brooks, McAllister, Horn ) can lead by example on offense. I still think you have to fancy the Panthers but it will be close I reckon.

Minnesota should beat the Buccs without too many problems - though it will be interesting to see how Culpepper fares without the most talented WR in the NFL to throw to. Can the Buccs D take advantage? I have to fancy the Vikings though, especially as they are home.

As for the Falcons / Philly game its really interesting and I wouldn't like to pick a winner. All the problems that Philly had this off season could count against them, but I'll tip the Eagles for a narrow win, though it could be a case of the team that has the ball last coming good.
[/quote]

Hmm I was wrong wrong & wrong!!! ( although I did predict Falcons / Eagles and Saints / Panthers to be close ).

Well, what can you say?

Impressive victories for the 3 winners for differing reasons, this division is already looking nice and competitive, and having just watched the Falcons beat the Eagles, and look the better team in the process, I'd have to say they must be favourites for the division.

As for next week:

Carolina have injuries ( again ) and must play the Champions at home. I never bet against the Patriots, so Carolina could be playing catch-up, and to be 0-2 having played 2 home games could mean that they are playing catch up with the leaders all season.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Panthers are decent, but should Atlanta do over the Seahawks in Seattle as I reckon they will, it does mean Carolina are 2 behind already and I dont think Atlanta will lose more than 5 tops. That Kerney is a menace!!!

As for the Buccs thats a very good win and Buffalo is a very interesting game, probably a big defensive battle, but I think the Buccs D will be too good for the rookie Losman and I would back the Buccs to win.

As for us, well, what a great win in Carolina. However we have to do it all again on the road in New York, who looked dangerous against Arizona. However, I reckon we'll push them closer than Arizona did, simply because our O should cause them more problems - as in Brooks is more mobile than Warner, & McAllister will be allowed to establish the run, but if I had to bet I'd bet on the Giants to win by less than 7. I hope i'm wrong.

Old 15.09.2005, 08:19 PM
All Pro

Atlanta Falcons at Seattle Seahawks

Going with a biased pick here but I think that the Falcons will be too much to handle when it comes to the running game and I think they will be able to run riot on a team that lost there previous game. Though Vick's stats were not great 12/23 156 Yards, he showed steady improvment against a dominent Eagles secondary. Kerney will be unstoppable on the line again, no matter who is trying to block him. So overall in my opinion a convincing win for the Falcons.

As for the other games I'm predicting an upset in Charlotte for the Panthers to beat the Patriots, even with injuries... again. Saints to win at home/on the road against the Giants and Tampa to come up tops against the Bills.
Old 15.09.2005, 09:25 PM
All Pro

I cant see Vick attempting more than 25 passes again against the frankly rubbish Seahawks. Run, run and run again has to be the policy here and The falcons will win it by 2 TD's.