So how's the International Series coming? - Page 6 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 01.10.2013, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
The fact they would be wearing a shirt makes no difference, thousands would have got dressed up for the occaison, and to have fun, rather than specific loyalty to either side.
Really? You really believe that thousands of people paid £70 for a Vikings jersey, just for this one game, without actually being Vikings fans?
Old 01.10.2013, 09:59 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERUK View Post
would say its was 60% from the states in the bar the rest europe ..ya would say i have jumped on the bandwagon after 33 years of being a fan and haveing the UK fan club running since 1983 and have some of the 1st ever members turn up on sunday was great ..is there a bigger or better fan club in the uk ?
We over at the Bucs UK don't do so bad, we were invited to a closed practice session when the Bucs came over in 2011 where my son and I had our photos taken with a large number of the current team and the Bucs front office ensured that we got priority tickets for both that game and the 2009 one, my family and I met up with the likes of the late Lee Roy Selmon, Mike Alstott, Shelton Quarles, Brad Johnson and Jimmie Giles as well as Buccaneers cheerleaders and this was all through the Bucs Uk's fantastic links with the Buccaneers front office
Old 02.10.2013, 12:58 PM
Starter

Smile

do all the same and have the same ties with our team and had the same fun on trips to the burgh and in dublin in 97 when thay came over to play the bears ..remmber the bucs fan club from way back when we used to have meet in the red house wembley all fan clubs together ..if memory servies me well ours and yours where the big tables of fans the days when all we got where preseason games ..wayyyy back . hats of to ya my friend
Old 02.10.2013, 01:34 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
I dont think it would be any ratio of 100%. It would be a minority specifically supporting both sides, and a large amount of people, who when push comes shove were neutrals, and just wanted a good game. The fact they would be wearing a shirt makes no difference, thousands would have got dressed up for the occaison, and to have fun, rather than specific loyalty to either side.

Thats not to mention the large number of fans wearing the colours of other sides.
Are you speaking from experience or from your sofa, watching it on TV? Because that's not the impression I got being there...and as someone already said, not many people would fork out £70 just to "have fun" wearing a jersey they would probably never wear again in their lifetime. Get real mate...
Old 02.10.2013, 01:36 PM
All Pro

Totally dug there were so many bumblebee Steeler jerseys!
Old 02.10.2013, 05:59 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERUK View Post
do all the same and have the same ties with our team and had the same fun on trips to the burgh and in dublin in 97 when thay came over to play the bears ..remmber the bucs fan club from way back when we used to have meet in the red house wembley all fan clubs together ..if memory servies me well ours and yours where the big tables of fans the days when all we got where preseason games ..wayyyy back . hats of to ya my friend
Must perhaps hook up again.