Going to the US to watch a game - Page 25 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 02.07.2014, 10:25 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mablc001 View Post
Sounds like there are quite a few of us are going to out for this game, maybe we should meet up for a few beers on the Saturday evening in Boston or something.
Go to Remys near Fenway,

I'm tempted now

Mmmm, Red Sox at home the followeing week as well....no, stop it been once this year already.
Old 02.07.2014, 06:22 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mablc001 View Post
We are planning on taking the train too, but if fancy sharing a cab down then me and the wife would be up for getting down a bit earlier and then get the train back maybe. Weve already bought our game ticketes via vivid seats, i am too impatient to wait for single ticket sales and just wanted to get everything booked and organised.
I would definitely be up for cab sharing on the Sunday! As for tickets prices on other sites they were expensive so I waited until this ticket sale but push come to shove I might have to go that route if I'm unsuccessful.

For the guys that in Boston for the raiders game and want to meet up, I know BC eagles are at home on 20/9 maybe watch that game in a pub somewhere?
Old 03.07.2014, 07:12 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
Go to Remys near Fenway,

I'm tempted now

Mmmm, Red Sox at home the followeing week as well....no, stop it been once this year already.
Go on you know you want to....................
Old 03.07.2014, 07:12 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bognor_pat View Post
I would definitely be up for cab sharing on the Sunday! As for tickets prices on other sites they were expensive so I waited until this ticket sale but push come to shove I might have to go that route if I'm unsuccessful.

For the guys that in Boston for the raiders game and want to meet up, I know BC eagles are at home on 20/9 maybe watch that game in a pub somewhere?
Sounds like a plan. I will send a PM with contact details and we can sort something out.
Old 10.07.2014, 04:20 PM
Pro Bowler

Send a message via AIM to nierika

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutrut View Post
That's a bit OTT. I've never had any hassle at away games. I've known to keep my mouth shut and not draw un-wanted attention though. You could go to an away game anywhere and if you use a bit of common sense you'll be fine (same as making your way home at kicking-out time in any city center - yes you can find trouble but it's easy not to as well...)

Try and talk to the home fans near you. You'll soon get the vibe for what the deal is. If you are English then use your accent and 'yes' - you do love the Beatles etc.

As for 'any city in Ohio'? Disagree. Saw the Broncos score a last play of the game winning TD there a few years back. Couldn't help but go mental on that one. Obviously the locals weren't happy but got out alive.

It does suck though. So wish they'd give away fans their own section. Would be way more enjoyable.
LOL...would that have been this one? http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...aculate-moment
Old 10.07.2014, 07:09 PM
Team Captain

I'm booked up to go to Chicago for the Bears-Vikings game in November, well flights and hotel anyway....

What's best way to go about getting tickets? And I know there isn't an away end or section there, but is there a place where there is more likely to be fellow Vikes fans - or do away fans just not travel?
Old 10.07.2014, 10:39 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nierika View Post
LOL...would that have been this one? http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...aculate-moment
Yep. That's the one!

Was about 20 rows from the front of the end zone he was running towards. Surrounded by Bengals' fans.

Seem to remember both teams being pretty poor at the time and it hadn't been a great game. Then that unfolded right in front of my eyes. As the tip started up the other end I wasn't quite sure what happened at the time but the play was being allowed to continue and here he comes. Go on my son!

Couldn't help but go mental - but then soon afterwards pipe down and don't gloat too much. You *are* getting glares. Like I said - use some common sense. The game ended and when you are are walking out of the ground with tons of gutted home fans you keep your head down and your mouth shut. You're unlikely to get attacked for no real reason.
Old 10.07.2014, 10:55 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefairs View Post
I'm booked up to go to Chicago for the Bears-Vikings game in November, well flights and hotel anyway....

What's best way to go about getting tickets? And I know there isn't an away end or section there, but is there a place where there is more likely to be fellow Vikes fans - or do away fans just not travel?
Chicago is a great city. You'll enjoy your trip.

It's not an exact science but you tend to get a higher proportion of away fans behind the away team bench. This sounds great until you see the price of the tickets for this area. They are usually quite expensive.

I'd expect that 'Chicago away' is quite a popular trip for MIN fans and that they'll be MIN fans dotted all over the place.

I really hate linking this but you can easily buy tickets on stubhub - link to CHI v MIN game:
http://www.stubhub.com/chicago-bears...-2014-9037840/

Reason I hate linking this? Often it is home season ticket holders selling their seats. May seem fair enough but a lot just keep their ST's so they can sell their tickets each game to make a profit. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Another story for another day. Enjoy your trip.
Old 11.07.2014, 02:10 PM
Starter

Any Pats fans know when the game day train tickets go on sale? Got everything but that booked now, cant wait!
Old 12.07.2014, 04:39 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutrut View Post
Chicago is a great city. You'll enjoy your trip.

It's not an exact science but you tend to get a higher proportion of away fans behind the away team bench. This sounds great until you see the price of the tickets for this area. They are usually quite expensive.

I'd expect that 'Chicago away' is quite a popular trip for MIN fans and that they'll be MIN fans dotted all over the place.

I really hate linking this but you can easily buy tickets on stubhub - link to CHI v MIN game:
http://www.stubhub.com/chicago-bears...-2014-9037840/

Reason I hate linking this? Often it is home season ticket holders selling their seats. May seem fair enough but a lot just keep their ST's so they can sell their tickets each game to make a profit. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Another story for another day. Enjoy your trip.
Minnesota is a 4 hour drive from Chicago so I wouldn't be surprised if there were Vikings fans around the stadium.

Tags
philadelphia eagles , primanti's #2 best seller , seattle , seattle seahawks , wisconsin cheddar