The selling/buying of tickets is not permitted on the forum - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 04.12.2013, 02:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelionman View Post
Because of fees, hassles and the like - plus the small fact I swallowed the hype leading up to the inaugural IS game (Fins v Giants) that the NFL commish (Mr Kirkwood) and the Sky guys were spouting about not only was it all sold out way before hand but that demand meant they could of sold out Wembley 3 times over I never tried to sell spares via third party websites.

It led me to not be to unduly concerned when a few of my work colleagues baulked at the costs and renegaded about going after I had bought and fronted on my credit card for several tickets. I just decided I'd have no trouble selling them at face plus booking/postage fees (just what I had shelled out) on the day as after all that very first game they was showing the game on big screens in Wembley Arena to for those not lucky enough to have gotten tickets for the big game live.

Alas it was all propaganda - I stood out in the pouring rain for hours (instead of tail gating with my mates that had paid for their tickets as per their word). In the end I went past the kick off before admitting defeat and taking the hit - but what still grates me to this day was not even a reply from the NFLUK offices to my post game letters to them to ask why they were giving away FREE tickets on the day... YES people you read that right. So TV audiences would not see empty seats in Wembley stadium and thus sus the hype was just that hype, the Wembley Arena big screens that first year I suspect was the NFLUK's clever back up to be able to have lots of fans on tap they could use to fill the stadium and any empty seats with. They did just that to as I saw with my own eyes as many people who came to collect tickets to Wembley Arena that I thought might like to buy my spares were met by a lady from NFLUK with a clip board and after a few questions were up graded - given tickets to the real game gratis. So I had no chance of selling mine at face value or even less compared to that - fair enough if I was a tout - tough... but I am just a genuine fan that wanted to get others into the game that had work acquaintances flake on me and had no idea come the day I'd be competing with the NFLUK themselves giving out freebies.... I just expected touts to be unhappy at me selling things for cost but what I think is worse is not even being acknowledged by NFLUK after the event when I took the time to write in to them about this post game. They didn't even have the decency to acknowledge my letter. After no reply the first time I re-sent the letter with a covering letter to Alastair Kirkwood himself - recorded delivery this time - but still not so much as a standard response. I didn't expect them to give me my money back or anything like that but I did expect (and it would of been nice) to have gotten a reply and know why they did this especially as I was left hundreds of pounds out of pocket - basicly ending up paying for 3 seats - while other fans got in free. I would of felt it a matter of courtesy (and good business practice) to reply to my letter but no, nothing.

Any way it means since then I have been wary of believing the hype and until next season when my team is coming had lost interest to bother going especially at the sky high ticket costs.

Games I have fancied I have rocked up on the day and bought one under face value as there's always spares or touts left with extras on the day - once the game has kicked off the value of the ticket is deprecating by the minute and touts want to go home so have never failed to bag one for a score (20 GBP) just after kick off - done this twice now.

Naturally as it's my team coming next year will most likely pre-buy tickets at full cost as I wish to not have this drama as I want to tailgate and soak up the pre game fair plus sit with my mates but will make sure this time all peeps I front for are trusted mates or that I get a deposit up front before buying.

Go Lions!
Surely the only people you should be angry at are the work colleagues who let you down?

To be honest I have a hard time believing that NFLUK were giving away tickets for that first game (demand was sky high) on any real scale. Even if they were, its their event and they can do whatever they want - perhaps they had a few extra player returns on the day which were received too late to sell? Reeks of sour grapes to me - its not their fault you bought too many tickets.

Last edited by Vincent; 04.12.2013 at 02:43 AM.
Old 04.12.2013, 07:48 AM
GOAT

BLM is one angry dude...
Old 01.09.2014, 09:48 PM
Team Captain

Still don't understand that if you want to sell tickets that you have to go to such as Getmein and let them reap the rewards of selling again.
How many times does Ticketmaster want to make money out of selling the same ticket.
If I want to sell on a couple of tickets I have to be prepared for Ticketmaster/Getmein to skim of their cut again, yet I'm the one accused of try to make money.
Just doesn't seem fair!
Old 01.09.2014, 09:59 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Freeze View Post
Still don't understand that if you want to sell tickets that you have to go to such as Getmein and let them reap the rewards of selling again.
How many times does Ticketmaster want to make money out of selling the same ticket.
If I want to sell on a couple of tickets I have to be prepared for Ticketmaster/Getmein to skim of their cut again, yet I'm the one accused of try to make money.
Just doesn't seem fair!
Other money grabbers are available
Old 09.09.2014, 08:04 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbalicious View Post
The Links posted aren't helping much... If you check the ticket exchange website you'll see there is no TicketExchange Link for the International Series Game. Does anyone have an idea where else to go for ticket exchange/sell?
Happy to sell through official channels but these links don't seem to help for international games.

Can anyone help?
Old 15.09.2014, 08:47 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteButt View Post
Happy to sell through official channels but these links don't seem to help for international games.

Can anyone help?
Use Gumtree. I'm someone who generally never gets the tickets when they are first released and they always sell out. I tried to use one of these online ticket resellers last year and it was an awful experience. Huge service fees on top of expensive tickets. As it turned out they let me down last minute and I got a full refund.

Since 2011 I've always bought the tickets from Gumtree and have never had an issue. You can sell them for free and I can buy them for free. It's a win/win for everyone.

This year I bought them last week from Ticketmaster, I guess they were the tickets that were sent back from the Teams. Picked up tickets for all 3 games.

But my advice to anyone selling/buying use gumtree. It's free.
Old 19.09.2014, 11:07 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie View Post
Just a reminder guys as quite a few people have tried to sell tickets and I'm sure there will be more cases as we get closer to the games.
Why is that mate - i was not trying to make a profit - just make sure someone who was a true fan got the game?
Old 19.09.2014, 07:06 PM
Pro Bowler

I gather the same applies for train tickets as I have 2 spare that will go in the bin otherwise.
Old 20.09.2014, 12:55 AM
Starter

In the absence of an official ticket exchange and if not possible to tell others on here about spare tickets for genuine fans, I agree about using Gumtree as it is possibly the only option available where you can get face value for your ticket. I have sold music tickets to genuine fans there for face value in the past, win-win. Meet up and exchange cash and tickets, job done. Assume it would work for NFL IS too.

Getmein, Stubhub, eBay (directs you to Stubhub), Viagogo and Seatwave (IMO) extortionate fees mean you inadvertently cannot avoid ripping off fellow fans to get your money back, although of course few will buy at face value plus buyer and seller fees anyway so a moot point, kinda.
Old 20.09.2014, 07:44 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by beneaththetides View Post
In the absence of an official ticket exchange and if not possible to tell others on here about spare tickets for genuine fans, I agree about using Gumtree as it is possibly the only option available where you can get face value for your ticket. I have sold music tickets to genuine fans there for face value in the past, win-win. Meet up and exchange cash and tickets, job done. Assume it would work for NFL IS too.

Getmein, Stubhub, eBay (directs you to Stubhub), Viagogo and Seatwave (IMO) extortionate fees mean you inadvertently cannot avoid ripping off fellow fans to get your money back, although of course few will buy at face value plus buyer and seller fees anyway so a moot point, kinda.
I did also get told by an American fan that it was an was an easy way for them to get tickets cheaper than the rates they get charged for this game in packages. Dunno how true that is in most cases however