Week 15 v Bengals - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 11.12.2014, 10:51 PM
All Pro

Default Week 15 v Bengals

The very definition of a 'must win'.

It should be a great game, I think Manziel's scrambling ability and our defence could see us nick it. Gordon and Cameron will have to play better though; not sure how much of their recent poor play was down to Hoyer. Really looking forward to finally seeing JF in action from the start.

They're top of the division for a reason, but I'm still not convinced. Their run defence is still suspect; suspect enough for Crow to exploit. Plus two Steelers WR's posted over 100 yards last week.

There are a few story lines going into this....Hill's comments after our TNF dominance, Lewis' 'midget' line the other day.....light the fuse and stand back
Old 12.12.2014, 07:55 PM
All Pro

Brings back happy memories of the Bud tent at the Wembley Jags game

I am treating the rest of the season more as an evaluation of what we have... if we get 3-0, it would be brilliant. However, the reality is more likely to be 0-3, but at least we give ourselves a better chance and Manziel gets NFL experience and we will go into 2015 better informed. All good then
Old 12.12.2014, 08:08 PM
Hall of Fame

Our last 3 games of the year depend on three factors, Our D continuing to play to a very good level, establishing a run game and special teams doing the same as the D.

If these three come together then IMO we will win our last 3 with JF in there, make no mistakes the Colts are better than the Bungles so if we can play the same as last week, and i know its an if, we will win it
Old 13.12.2014, 08:19 PM
All Pro

My favourite quote from the week was from this week was J'rod Cherry responding to the suggestion that maybe certain WRs weren't giving 100% for Hoyer in the Colts game. He said, " I don't know any passing pattern which ends up with the receiver stopping in the middle of the field". Class.
Old 13.12.2014, 08:41 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce70 View Post
My favourite quote from the week was from this week was J'rod Cherry responding to the suggestion that maybe certain WRs weren't giving 100% for Hoyer in the Colts game. He said, " I don't know any passing pattern which ends up with the receiver stopping in the middle of the field". Class.
To be Fair he has been in the Hoyer camp so long now he is blatantly looking for excuses now to why Hoyer was benched
Old 14.12.2014, 07:30 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce70 View Post
Almost certainly referring to Josh Gordon, who was benched for several key plays in that game.
Old 14.12.2014, 09:21 PM
All Pro

Sometimes you just have to hold up your hands and say you were beaten by a hungrier, better team.

No excuses from me; the O and D lines were particularly poor, Manziel did as much as he could do and, a few rookie mistakes apart, did okay given the aforementioned O line's poor play.

A 7 win season is not to be sniffed at (I predicted we'd win 4 so there's that). Looking forward to the spring and see what the draft brings, especially as we have two first rounders.
Old 15.12.2014, 11:32 AM
Starter

well that was a horrible game to watch.

the fact that hill had a good game really p****d me off as well. i liked that those fans managed to stop his TD leap though. was about the only time he was stopped yesterday. our run defense have been woeful this year!

i'd like to think we can still go 8-8 this season, which would be the 3rd best season since '99 in terms of wins
Old 15.12.2014, 08:51 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by essexdawg View Post
well that was a horrible game to watch.

the fact that hill had a good game really p****d me off as well. i liked that those fans managed to stop his TD leap though. was about the only time he was stopped yesterday. our run defense have been woeful this year!

i'd like to think we can still go 8-8 this season, which would be the 3rd best season since '99 in terms of wins
I don't advocate violence against players by fans, but I would've loved to have been the guy in the Haden jersey

8-8 is a big ask but certainly possible. Pettine will want to stop the skid as Chud ended up getting the boot by losing the last 7 or 8 in a row.

Last edited by go_browns!; 15.12.2014 at 08:54 PM.
Old 17.12.2014, 08:59 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
I don't advocate violence against players by fans, but I would've loved to have been the guy in the Haden jersey

8-8 is a big ask but certainly possible. Pettine will want to stop the skid as Chud ended up getting the boot by losing the last 7 or 8 in a row.
I have mulled over the same thought myself, and while as owner Haslam obviously has the power to do so, I would hope the good things that Pettine has achieved this year are still recognised despite the disappointment of the performance in this game.