2017 London Series Expands To Four Games For First Time - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 09.12.2016, 10:08 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyF87 View Post
Awesome news !!!

Does anyone remember last year when the "New Season Ticket Sales" went on sale or how soon after the renewals, I know the renewals are next Thursday, how long do they normally keep this open for as that may give some indication.

Cheers
Last year ST renewals went on sale on 3rd December and the general ST sales went on sale on 15th - so it was almost 2 weeks after.
Old 10.12.2016, 12:44 AM
MVP

I will probably go to 2. If it's 2-2 split between the stadiums then I will try a Twickenham game because I'm done with the Jags and I certainly don't want to watch the Ravens play the Jags. Probably choose Dolphins-Saints plus 1 other.
Old 10.12.2016, 07:20 AM
Rookie

At work we have a wide 6 guys all supporting different team we tend to all go up to 1 game together, this year was the giants v rams as we have a giants fan in the group.

With 4 games this could result in a game featuring 2 of our teams this would add to the already electric atmosphere.

I think this would the first time I try and get to at least 2 games
Old 10.12.2016, 07:51 AM
All Pro

The one downside of an evening game schedule, which I'm by and large a supporter of, is that you have more competition for peoples time. TBH I'd rather watch the Bills on gamepass on what tend to 6pm games than go watch Jags / Rams vs anyone.

The Saints / Fishes game has an appeal, its a competitive attacking game as it stands, and who knows what the 4th will be. But it looks like a 1 / 2 tickets for me
Old 10.12.2016, 08:11 AM
All Pro

Am praying for the Packers,I've actually not been to a game since the first due to work and family commitments. Deep down I know it won't be though, we'll probably be the last of the 32 to visit.
Old 10.12.2016, 02:06 PM
Rookie

This truly is great news.

I was reading the article on the NFL website last night and in particular the comments that were left. Granted, the number of people leaving comments compared to the population of the US is miniscule, but there is some notable hatred for these games over here.

I can understand the points about being a fan losing a home game but the rest is laughable. There are the usual 'this is our game so f**k London' attitudes. There is also the impression given that we are ignorant about the game. Perhaps it needs pointing out that we have televisions, the interweb works in the UK so we can have Gamepass etc.

Then there are the comments about travel. Yes, it is further for the teams but you would think the distance between west and east coast is to the moon and back. Coming to London sounds like flying to Mars.

I can't wait to read the comments on next years 'home' team websites once they are announced.

Anyway forget the number of sleeps until Christmas, there are only 3 left until 2017 announcement day .
Old 10.12.2016, 03:21 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
The one downside of an evening game schedule, which I'm by and large a supporter of, is that you have more competition for peoples time. TBH I'd rather watch the Bills on gamepass on what tend to 6pm games than go watch Jags / Rams vs anyone.

The Saints / Fishes game has an appeal, its a competitive attacking game as it stands, and who knows what the 4th will be. But it looks like a 1 / 2 tickets for me
Completely agree with this. The problem is that we won't know the schedule for other games until late April in terms of figuring out where you'd rather be. I skipped 1 game this year and I didn't feel like I was missing out at all: did other things, watched Steelers on Gamepass that evening and then had my trip to Wembley the following week. There's definitely a law of diminishing marginal returns with these things, especially with poor teams you don't even follow. I think if 4 games gives new people the chance to go and they become fans, that's great, but I certainly won't be showing up to 4 random matchups.

I still think we will get to saturation point with random matchups so it's crucial that new fans get brought in to see games who aren't bored of it yet - someone for 2017 who can be like I was in 2008, just excited to see any old game at all. But I think many old hands will be getting bored of games they have no stake in, especially when the TV product (Gamepass, anyway) is so good that you can see any game of your team live. At the moment, people watch NFL games here differently to say soccer, but that will change as we get more familiar with it as a collective fanbase and we will become more like UK soccer fans or US football fans. For example, a United fan who lives in London and finds it too far to go up to Manchester is not going to go to watch Arsenal or Chelsea at the stadium once a year instead and call himself a United fan still. You just wouldn't go and would watch United on TV. Must be weird calling yourself a Cowboys or Bears fan or whatever but actually when it comes to watching games in person you've seen your own team only once and the Jags 4 times and counting.
Old 10.12.2016, 03:25 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by che1680 View Post
This truly is great news.

I was reading the article on the NFL website last night and in particular the comments that were left. Granted, the number of people leaving comments compared to the population of the US is miniscule, but there is some notable hatred for these games over here.

I can understand the points about being a fan losing a home game but the rest is laughable. There are the usual 'this is our game so f**k London' attitudes. There is also the impression given that we are ignorant about the game. Perhaps it needs pointing out that we have televisions, the interweb works in the UK so we can have Gamepass etc.

Then there are the comments about travel. Yes, it is further for the teams but you would think the distance between west and east coast is to the moon and back. Coming to London sounds like flying to Mars.

I can't wait to read the comments on next years 'home' team websites once they are announced.

Anyway forget the number of sleeps until Christmas, there are only 3 left until 2017 announcement day .
Most of the comments are just really ignorant. But then we in the U.K. also deal with ignorance from people here who make the usual yawn comments about padding and soft rugby etc. Those people will usually mention The Fridge within about 30 seconds as well, so they're obviously really up to date and familiar with today's NFL...
Old 10.12.2016, 03:39 PM
Team Captain

I hope that NFLUK is lobbying for early kick offs as traveling late on a Sunday is not ideal for many. If you want people to bring children it is easier to justify for the 1:30 kick offs.
Old 10.12.2016, 06:01 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtheVike View Post
I hope that NFLUK is lobbying for early kick offs as traveling late on a Sunday is not ideal for many. If you want people to bring children it is easier to justify for the 1:30 kick offs.
Unfortunately whatever time they have kick-off it won't be ideal for many. For example if you are travelling a long distance and staying the night then late kick-offs work much better. People living within a couple of hours the early kick-offs make it easier to get there and back in a day.

I personally much prefer the early kick-offs as that means I can get there and back in a vaguely sensible time, with the late kick-offs I wouldn't get home until nearly 1am. But when I used to live further away and it was the late kick-offs I could get to London early afternoon, check into hotel and drop off my stuff and get to the game.