The Draft.... - Page 5 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 14.05.2014, 02:36 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
1: Zach Martin over Johnny Manziel
I’d have been OK with them taking Manziel at #16 but I can also understand why they baulked, even if they had him ranked highly. The circus would have been too much, surely?

Happy with Martin, particularly as he’ll likely move to RT if/when Free departs at the end of next season.

Quote:
2: Trading up for DeMarcus Lawrence
As aforementioned, I’m happy they got Lawrence. A third rounder was steep but, if that’s who they really wanted, then so be it.

Quote:
3: Anthony who?!
Head-scratcher, particularly at this point. Insurance policy for Lee and a Garrett pick? Think I read somewhere that, whilst everyone else was pre-occupied with size and strength at this position, he was more interested in securing the next Bradie James. Make of that what you will!

Quote:
4: Devin Street
Looks like just what we needed. Several intriguing UFDA WRs picked up as well. Might Cole Beasley be expendable?

Quote:
5: 7th Round - Ben Gardner being picked (just like in the 7 round mock I took part in) was brilliant. I really like his effort, won't be a Pro Bowler, but one of those solid guys. Ken Bishop must have been the reason they passed on Caraun Reid earlier at DT, and Will Smith is more like the type of LB I thought they'd be looking for. Ahmad Dixon brings some fire (maybe too much) to the secondary, and Terrance Mitchell adds play making to the secondary too.
Really pleased with these picks (and the UDFA haul). They needed to hit here – after trading away picks in the 3rd and 5th – and I think they did. Gardner and Bishop look like they could really help the DL, Dixon should be a Special Teams demon if nothing else and I like what Mitchell seemingly brings to the table. Not sure about Smith; I read that he’s been allocated a number that might indicate the Cowboys view him as a Safety?

o/t – Really appreciate your individual reviews in the separate ‘2014 Draft Class’ thread (thought I’d state that here rather than interrupting the flow!)
Old 07.06.2014, 06:41 PM
Hall of Fame

Seems Jerry is bored......he's now come out and said he 'spent a lot of time' pondering Johnny Manziel at #16.

Apparently........"He's the kind of player that can be that kind of difference-maker. There's no doubt in my mind that he'll be a successful player."