Superbash reject - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL in the UK

Old 17.01.2014, 10:16 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
fair enough, I do have my sour grape specs on so you could be right, good luck fella.
The "better luck next time" email is a real buzz killer so your frustration is perfectly understandable. Good luck to you also.
Old 17.01.2014, 11:16 PM
Starter

Talking

Wasn't too disappointed about not getting tickets until I learnt that Matt Stafford was going to be there!

If anyone could spare two tickets for a die hard Lions fan it would be much appreciated. At least I still have the IS game to look forward to either way.
Old 17.01.2014, 11:36 PM
neil_le_milliere@btinternet.com's Avatar
neil_le_milliere@btinternet.com neil_le_milliere@btinternet.com is offline
Rookie

Red face It does make you wonder?

Like lots of others here I've been unsuccessful this year, as I have for the last five or six years. Battersea was my last successful time.

The mate I go with has been unsuccessful as has my wife and also another big NFL supporter and all his mates.

There must be an awfully large number of applicants for all of us to be unsuccessful every year.

Still, we'll go along to the venue and vicinity as usual to see what lady luck turns up.

Cheers, Neil Le M - 5 Season tickets already bought for myself and friends.
Old 18.01.2014, 01:17 AM
All Pro

I am still gutted by the whole process this year, in saying that I really don't have a good solution to sort out who goes who doesn't but it does seem this year that some forum "diehards" have been unable to go. I was at KoKo last year and the free night brigade were leaving in their droves and by 2:00 am the place was half empty they are not and never will be NFL fans?

Please NFLUK and I know it sounds like I'm begging because I am, you know who is on this forum regularly, you know who buys tickets for the international series, you know who the diehards are so please we have stayed loyal to you please help us out now?

A personal Thank You to Dan for his post I am happy to be on the "List"

Phil
Old 18.01.2014, 01:36 AM
Pro Bowler

[QUOTE=silver&black;1991088]I am still gutted by the whole process this year, in saying that I really don't have a good solution to sort out who goes who doesn't but it does seem this year that some forum "diehards" have been unable to go. I was at KoKo last year and the free night brigade were leaving in their droves and by 2:00 am the place was half empty they are not and never will be NFL fans?

Please NFLUK and I know it sounds like I'm begging because I am, you know who is on this forum regularly, you know who buys tickets for the international series, you know who the diehards are so please we have stayed loyal to you please help us out now?

Well said Phil and good luck, hope you score some tickets from somewhere
Old 18.01.2014, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
for people that decide they cant go, apparently on twitter people were tweeting to say they had won and asking what date it was on!

Massive NFL fans then....

Anyway Sour grapes apart I do hope some of those that have supported NFLuk events for years and years and always turned out at Fan Rallys, IS series games... basically got the NFLuk to where they are today, helping build the NFL momentum get lucky...

Id put silver&black and Csonka on that list... not really seen any of the many many names I have met from here that have got lucky, Real shame.

Even though im looking myself if you do have some spares Id say that....

Chazeboy
Csonka
Trickums
HSTdriver
m_holdcroft@hotmail.com
silver&black
Celt67
Hogga
Bluelionman

are all well deserving homes and have helped others before in past years...

aswell as others Ive probably forgotten apologies...

anyway if you have spares I can say with certainty that all of those people will not only make sure the tickets get used they will really enjoy the night as real NFL fans should.
Cheers stocksy, I would like to say that for any considerations I should go to the bottom of that list. I have a back up party to go to with friends/family and though the Super Bash was my first choice, I'd rather miss out and go to my party than have someone else stuck at home on the night.

Good luck to you and the other many deserving members who want to go.
Old 18.01.2014, 06:56 AM
Pro Bowler

Gutted I never got again.
Old 18.01.2014, 08:13 AM
All Pro

Default Superbash reject

I can't recall how bad it was this time last year but know on the actual night last year seemed later it got more spares got given to me so many that I ended up staying outside so late I pretty much missed all the pre game entertainment.

Wish I could recall how it was post lottery draw / pre super bash night on here last year to gauge if/why it seems different this year or if it's just my imagination that it's different this time?

Will keep the faith.... think we should also use this thread to keep each other updated if we get lucky and share comps when they turn up - only one I seen so far was shared in the Super Bash thread but seems they are giving away a pair of tickets a day by looks of things:

https://twitter.com/ThomsonSport
Old 18.01.2014, 09:58 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelionman View Post

Wish I could recall how it was post lottery draw / pre super bash night on here last year to gauge if/why it seems different this year or if it's just my imagination that it's different this time?

https://twitter.com/ThomsonSport

I agree it does feel different this year!

Yesterday was a real bummer, going through these threads and seeing just how many hardcore fans like yourself, Stocksy, Chazeboy, Silver&black, Csonka#39 to name but a few of the many, who contribute so much to this site appear to have been totally shafted by the way SuperBash draw was handled this year.

It is a lottery we all know that, and we all don't get lucky, I can't remember the last time I actually won tickets in the draw None the less ...

There has always been a good vibe on these forums, the losers have congratulated the winners and the winners have done there best to make sure any spares get in the right hands. You personally have helped me get there a number of times for which many thanks This year I think a lot of us are facing the reality that chances of picking up spares is going to be real tough, and seeing that so many stalwarts are also in the fight for tickets is disheartening, because you want all those characters at SuperBash, because they help make the event what it is, a great celebration of American Football in the UK by some of the most passionate fans in the UK.

I hope I'm wrong, I hope I, and everyone else who really wants to be there get there and we all get to enjoy a fantastic night and a great Superbowl, Good Luck All.
Old 18.01.2014, 09:00 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
for people that decide they cant go, apparently on twitter people were tweeting to say they had won and asking what date it was on!

Massive NFL fans then....

Anyway Sour grapes apart I do hope some of those that have supported NFLuk events for years and years and always turned out at Fan Rallys, IS series games... basically got the NFLuk to where they are today, helping build the NFL momentum get lucky...

Id put silver&black and Csonka on that list... not really seen any of the many many names I have met from here that have got lucky, Real shame.

Even though im looking myself if you do have some spares Id say that....

Chazeboy
Csonka
Trickums
HSTdriver
m_holdcroft@hotmail.com
silver&black
Celt67
Hogga
Bluelionman

are all well deserving homes and have helped others before in past years...

aswell as others Ive probably forgotten apologies...

anyway if you have spares I can say with certainty that all of those people will not only make sure the tickets get used they will really enjoy the night as real NFL fans should.
Sorry bit late to the party on is thread, thanks mate for putting my name down and letting folks know, can't argue with that list