Shuttle Buses to/from Tube to Stadium - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 17.10.2017, 11:35 AM
Pro

Default Shuttle Buses to/from Tube to Stadium

I hate the journey home after the game where they leave you queuing outside Twickenham stadium for what seems like hours before you can get a train, so I am thinking of travelling to one of the tube stations and catching one of the shuttle buses. The booklet I received with my tickets say they run to Whitton; St. Margarets; Hounslow; Hounslow East; and Richmond after but no mention of before the game. I have now received an email which states that they have improved the service from Richmond ( pre and post game ); Hounslow Central ( I assume post only) or direct to Waterloo. So whats happened to the other stations contained in the booklet are they still running.

Completely confused - can anyone help please.
Old 17.10.2017, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

We haven't done Twickenham before so am a little unsure what is the best option to get back to Central London. Previously from Wembley we have raced to get to a sports bar, but having read some of the reports on delays, I might just watch some red zone for an hour in the tailgate, let the queues die down and see what looks least busiest option.
Old 17.10.2017, 11:10 PM
Rookie

Hi. I have been to TWICKENHAM many times over the years.
Thing is, obviously with 80,000 fans there it will take ages to get home if you want to leave straight way.
My suggestion is to either stay on at the redbone screen afterwards for a bit or you can use the tube stations or Twickenham station. Least busy would be Richmond underground and it's best to walk honestly, it takes about 30 minutes to walk (very straight forward walk to the station) but much better than standing for ages and ages queuing to get on the shuttle bus.
Or the shuttle bus to Waterloo station, what time is the final shuttle though? No one has been able to help out yet.
Old 20.10.2017, 12:00 PM
Rookie

Does anybody know the time of the last free shuttle bus back to Waterloo on Sunday?? No-one on the NFL UK twitter page can answer. Is it 2 hours after the game ends?
Old 23.10.2017, 07:35 AM
Rookie

Hi going to Browns/Vikings game next Sunday and want to get there early for the tailgate - anyone know what time the shuttles start running from Richmond tube station ?
Old 23.10.2017, 09:47 AM
Team Captain

I got on the shuttle bus back to Waterloo last night and it got stuck in traffic for ages and then the driver suggested we got off at South Kensington as a road was closed ahead and he wasn't sure how to get to Waterloo from there! I did get off so don't know if he ever made it!
Old 23.10.2017, 05:00 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bournemouth Celts View Post
Hi going to Browns/Vikings game next Sunday and want to get there early for the tailgate - anyone know what time the shuttles start running from Richmond tube station ?
If you are physically able to, i would suggest you walk it. Its 20-30 mins along one road.
Obviously if you have kids or someone who cant walk far then the bus is a better option.
Old 23.10.2017, 06:10 PM
Rookie

Test - as I was just thrown out after trying to reply.
Old 23.10.2017, 06:11 PM
Rookie

Rookie!!!!
Old 23.10.2017, 06:21 PM
Rookie

Default Complete and utter joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcapp96 View Post
I got on the shuttle bus back to Waterloo last night and it got stuck in traffic for ages and then the driver suggested we got off at South Kensington as a road was closed ahead and he wasn't sure how to get to Waterloo from there! I did get off so don't know if he ever made it!
The buses to Waterloo last night were a complete and utter joke.

I was travelling with a bus driver friend and he couldn't believe the route they had been given to follow (possibly as it was a South London based TFL garage that had been given the job) and the drivers had no clue what to do when it became apparent that the route was royally screwed! He said even though he was off work he was aware that the Cromwell Road had been made a no go area for normal routes (the 91) and that it was to be avoided at all costs as the Road was partially shut and the diversions were horrendous due to other road works.

The one we were on was following another bus as he didn't know the way and then lost that bus when two others got between us at the road closure. After queueing for ages we got to part of the diversion and instead of going straight across at a small roundabout/crossroads he followed the diversion sign which was actually for traffic going the other way and we end up going back down the Cromwell Road the way we had come passing other buses in the queue going the other way!

The driver then told us he was going to try to turn right (at a no right turn) which would have got us stuck on Kensington High St.

it was at that point that we insisted being let off and got a tube from Earls Court arriving at the Dug Out at 22:20 to watch the late games which was between thirty minutes and an hour and a half before other poor souls who stuck on the buses including two we recognised as being on the bus we got off who were over an hour behind us!

Does anyone know who we take this up with as supporters on those buses are owed an apology!

Cheers Neil