The Official 2019 NFL draft discussion thread - Page 5 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 25.04.2019, 01:25 AM
Super Moderator

Wouldn’t mind us waving one of our 3rd rounders under Arizona’s noses for Patrick Peterson, and seeing if they bite...
Old 25.04.2019, 08:20 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Wouldn’t mind us waving one of our 3rd rounders under Arizona’s noses for Patrick Peterson, and seeing if they bite...
It's a bit like the Rosen situation. If he's truly available the bidding might start with 3rd round picks but I very much doubt it ends there.

Plus, no disrespect to the Jets, but I'd have to think a team a little closer to winning the SB would be in for him too. The Pats for starters.
Old 25.04.2019, 08:43 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
so the rumour is that the worst owner in the league (its so obvious i dont think it should take anyone more than 1 guess) has played the its mine team card and taken over the 1st round for his team.
Mortgage the farm to move up to 3 for Daniel Jones?! Not sure if the Jets would want to drop to 15 though, although Sweat and/or Gary might be there if reports of them falling are correct.
Old 25.04.2019, 09:09 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth10 View Post
Mortgage the farm to move up to 3 for Daniel Jones?! Not sure if the Jets would want to drop to 15 though, although Sweat and/or Gary might be there if reports of them falling are correct.
I think Carolina for Sweat seems to line up. Gary is a little harder, I think the conversation starts at 14 and the Falcons, with his floor being 21 or 29 and the Seahawks depending on how they address DB.
Old 25.04.2019, 09:52 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
I think Carolina for Sweat seems to line up. Gary is a little harder, I think the conversation starts at 14 and the Falcons, with his floor being 21 or 29 and the Seahawks depending on how they address DB.
It will depend where teams think Gary will be best - some might see an edge, some a 5 tech - but for sure the inside-out flexibility is popular right now and he has it. Sounds like he will need shoulder surgery at the end of his rookie season, but it could be he breaks down in-season, so he could fall to day two if doctors are worried about that. He's turned into a massive wild card. Same for Sweat - also kicked out of Michigan State, so two red flags - and who knows with the heart thing. People said Hurst wasn't a problem at this time last year and then he went day three.
Old 25.04.2019, 10:28 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It will depend where teams think Gary will be best - some might see an edge, some a 5 tech - but for sure the inside-out flexibility is popular right now and he has it. Sounds like he will need shoulder surgery at the end of his rookie season, but it could be he breaks down in-season, so he could fall to day two if doctors are worried about that. He's turned into a massive wild card. Same for Sweat - also kicked out of Michigan State, so two red flags - and who knows with the heart thing. People said Hurst wasn't a problem at this time last year and then he went day three.
Good points. I read something comparing Gary's shoulder to Shaq Lawson's. That's a worry given Lawson's struggles. Not to say they are same players, but it's very simple to start co necting dots.

A couple of players/teams I have a gut feeling about are Josh Allen/Giants and Jeffrey Simmons/Dolphins. The uncertainty at the top of the draft makes it hard to 'push' Allen to 6 though. The rebuilding Dolphins seem a great fit for Simmons and their longer term plans.
Old 25.04.2019, 03:17 PM
Hall of Fame

I'm pretty sure the entirety of Draft day is a 'networking' exercise for the twitter media. They'll quite eagerly peddle whatever bs the teams what them to, not only to fill time, but also to stock pile favours/sources.

Obviously draft addicts (myself included) eat it all up, but it gets pretty lame pretty quickly.
Old 25.04.2019, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Gary? Are you trying to upset me?

Also, f**k this crappy site...
Old 25.04.2019, 03:43 PM
GOAT

Quote:

one can hope.

i think for the right price the Jets would and then maybe move up a few spots.

Quote:
Gary? Are you trying to upset me?

i thought that was Matt Miller with you guys taking Oliver at 3
Old 25.04.2019, 04:06 PM
All Pro

Quote: