Politics - Page 1561 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 07.10.2018, 04:24 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic_matt View Post
Jesus wept Lee. I said regardless of whether or not he Sexually assaulted Dr Ford, he showed himself to be unfit for the job under questioning. It is not for me (or you to say) whether or not he is guilty of that crime, thankfully we don't conduct trials in this way as neither of us are qualified to make that decision.

I don't doubt that he is qualified for the job in terms of his credentials but can you honestly say the way he handled himseld questioning makes him fit for the supreme court? I guess you will because if Trump say he is then you blindly have to agree with him.

No one comes out of this well Republicans and Democrats, all this has done is add further fuel to the fire that people care more about party politics than doing what is right for the good of the country.

That is why him withdrawing was best for the Republicans. He was already an unpopular candidate before the allegations came out, by him withdrawing they could have found someone less controversial and got the nomination through nice an quickly before the midterms. This was before the result today, luckily for them they got there guy through by the narrowest of margins but the long term ramifications of this could be huge.
so Kavanaugh who is "grilled" for over 31 hours during the initial hearings then had by reports over 2,000 written questions from the Dem's on the committee but is then brought back in and asked questions about a crime that no one else can back up at a location nobody know he is unfit for office because he comes across angry and rather rattled as his life gets ripped apart over partisan politics.

pretty sure we saw Cliff Richard a few weeks back after he won is case against the BBC come out very angry and emotional after his life was dragged through the gutter over a baseless single accusation.maybe if Kavanaugh had not reacted in this way you didn't like maybe that would be a sign he was hiding something.
Old 07.10.2018, 04:33 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
well as expected the party of self interested prats votes through a guy who should be nowhere near any position as a judge as this process showed.

did you get around to even watching the hearing yet or once again are you just backing the crazy party line?

only the 3 people involved know what truly happened.

and one of those who wants to be the Judge as lied repeatedly under oath.

sorry are you now also doubting the UB40 story too?

the only people who are a disgrace is the republicans who ignored the process because they were scared there own tactic would bite them on the ass.
they refused to even hold a hearing for Garland and then rushed through and ignored the results of the process to put another joke on the bench.

but as usual your just firing off a bunch of party line nonsense and wont bother with a proper debate or caring about things like reality or facts, which is why you love Trump so much.

you mean some crappy calendar that shockingly didnt say he was sexaul assaulting someone on that day.
what about a ton of work product.

what nonsense are you spouting about the polygraph?
the committee could of literally called the person who carried it out up to testify.

because they were once again limited in there investigation, it came across as a tad phony.

plus we all know no hard evidence would be found because nothing ever existed in that form.

Trump wins and society and logic and decency all lose.

more radiation for all.
if you think this whole issue was about a 35 year old claim you miss that before Trump even named Kavanaugh we knew that the vote was going to be around 51-49 along party lines and shock horror in the end the vote was pretty much the same so every republican/dem heard what they wanted to hear or see.

lets see with just over 4 weeks to the mid-terms how many candidates all of a sudden find themselves been accused of historical crime's now its too late for parties to change the name on the ballot.

with Kavanaugh the media will move on like they did as soon as Roy Moore lost in his special election last year.never heard 1 person talk about all his victims or any charges against him once the smear campaign had worked.
Old 07.10.2018, 04:52 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
thats some comedy right there, if you think he passed this process then you are a mad fella or didnt bother watching him testify.

i have no reason to think Ford was lying, do you?

you might want to look up Al Franken, as he left his elected position on very minor infractions which were blown but it was still right that he left and others should of followed suit.

if some comes forward against a democrat, i would well a hearing/investigation as i wouldnt want that sort of person in a position of power.

hell reverse the roles in this case i would be bloody mad if they pushed through a guy like that, who is not only not fit for the role has this hanging over him.
yeah,google Keith Ellison who is the deputy chair of the dems and look at how #METOO doesn't work when its a liberal.911 calls and photo's but nothing to see here.

as POTUS and Susan Collins have both said this weekend they think at some point Dr Ford could have been the victim of a sexual assault at a party,but that Kavanaugh was not the boy involved.Both could be telling the truth with the total lack of evidence against Kavanuagh and the huge hole's in Dr Fords memory when needed.

guess the media can move on to convicting Ronaldo now.........
Old 07.10.2018, 06:51 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
if you think this whole issue was about a 35 year old claim you miss that before Trump even named Kavanaugh we knew that the vote was going to be around 51-49 along party lines and shock horror in the end the vote was pretty much the same so every republican/dem heard what they wanted to hear or see.

lets see with just over 4 weeks to the mid-terms how many candidates all of a sudden find themselves been accused of historical crime's now its too late for parties to change the name on the ballot.

with Kavanaugh the media will move on like they did as soon as Roy Moore lost in his special election last year.never heard 1 person talk about all his victims or any charges against him once the smear campaign had worked.

indeed but given how it went and what he showed that puts the republicans in the wrong.

if they are real claims then they should be looked into.

lol Roy Moore had done those things.

Quote:
yeah,google Keith Ellison who is the deputy chair of the dems and look at how #METOO doesn't work when its a liberal.911 calls and photo's but nothing to see here.

as POTUS and Susan Collins have both said this weekend they think at some point Dr Ford could have been the victim of a sexual assault at a party,but that Kavanaugh was not the boy involved.Both could be telling the truth with the total lack of evidence against Kavanuagh and the huge hole's in Dr Fords memory when needed.

guess the media can move on to convicting Ronaldo now.........

another what about, on a different type of matter and again he should go if the claims are true.

in the case of Ford we have seen her under oath, we didnt just go there's a claim and thats it end him now. it would about looking into the claim.

even then you could remove that from the decision to vote him in he had still done enough to the point he should of been ruled out.

even this dope said that partisanship should be involved in the court and after what he spouted his own words rule him out.

and if you had again bothered to watch the thing you are commenting on you would know why those gaps dont matter and why certain memories stick more than others. but instead its the party line.

youre right no one has ever been sexually assaulted all the claims are false to get men or you know you could be a reasonable person.
Old 07.10.2018, 07:32 PM
All Pro

Quote:
so Kavanaugh who is "grilled" for over 31 hours during the initial hearings then had by reports over 2,000 written questions from the Dem's on the committee but is then brought back in and asked questions about a crime that no one else can back up at a location nobody know he is unfit for office because he comes across angry and rather rattled as his life gets ripped apart over partisan politics.

pretty sure we saw Cliff Richard a few weeks back after he won is case against the BBC come out very angry and emotional after his life was dragged through the gutter over a baseless single accusation.maybe if Kavanaugh had not reacted in this way you didn't like maybe that would be a sign he was hiding something.
This is the reason we don't have trials by media, thankfully. Everyone is guilty until proven innocent and even then people will still think that person is guilty even after being proved innocent.

There was a public hearing people saw the testimony on both sides, thankfully it's not for us to say whether or not he is guilty, he wasn't on trial. But what my issue is how he conducted himself, this is a man who knows the legal process and how one should conduct oneself when under questioning, he came across as unprepared, obstructive, dishonest and completely unprofessional. The line that did it for me was “This whole two-week effort has been a calculated and orchestrated political hit, fueled with apparent pent-up anger about President Trump and the 2016 election, fear that has been unfairly stoked about my judicial record, revenge on behalf of the Clintons and millions of dollars in money from outside leftwing opposition groups.”

This is properly batshit infowars tinfoil hat wearing level of rhetoric. Here he showed his true colours and for me in one outburst illustrated why he is not fit for the supreme court. Trump's base will lap this up as it is pretty much the same level of baseless unfounded crap they spout on a daily basis!
Old 07.10.2018, 08:31 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic_matt View Post
This is the reason we don't have trials by media, thankfully. Everyone is guilty until proven innocent and even then people will still think that person is guilty even after being proved innocent.

There was a public hearing people saw the testimony on both sides, thankfully it's not for us to say whether or not he is guilty, he wasn't on trial. But what my issue is how he conducted himself, this is a man who knows the legal process and how one should conduct oneself when under questioning, he came across as unprepared, obstructive, dishonest and completely unprofessional. The line that did it for me was “This whole two-week effort has been a calculated and orchestrated political hit, fueled with apparent pent-up anger about President Trump and the 2016 election, fear that has been unfairly stoked about my judicial record, revenge on behalf of the Clintons and millions of dollars in money from outside leftwing opposition groups.”

This is properly batshit infowars tinfoil hat wearing level of rhetoric. Here he showed his true colours and for me in one outburst illustrated why he is not fit for the supreme court. Trump's base will lap this up as it is pretty much the same level of baseless unfounded crap they spout on a daily basis!
guess if this wasn't a political stunt then Dr Ford's legal team will have no problem replying to Chuck Grassleys 3rd request for them to turn over all correspondence they had with the Dem's on the committee especially Feinstein/Hirono.
Old 07.10.2018, 08:39 PM
GOAT

Quote:
guess if this wasn't a political stunt then Dr Ford's legal team will have no problem replying to Chuck Grassleys 3rd request for them to turn over all correspondence they had with the Dem's on the committee especially Feinstein/Hirono.

seriously do you have any backbone to answer straight up questions?

rather than dodge and point at random nonsense.
Old 07.10.2018, 10:08 PM
GOAT

America and its democracy in numbers

Kavanaugh was nominated by a candidate who lost the popular vote by 3 million+ votes.

The 49 Senators who voted 'No' on Kavanaugh represent 181.8 million Americans.

The 51 Senators who voted 'Yes' represent 143.2 million.
Old 08.10.2018, 01:12 PM
MVP

Quote:
America and its democracy in numbers

Kavanaugh was nominated by a candidate who lost the popular vote by 3 million+ votes.

The 49 Senators who voted 'No' on Kavanaugh represent 181.8 million Americans.

The 51 Senators who voted 'Yes' represent 143.2 million.

America and its democracy by rules

Kavanaugh was nominated by an elected president, who won the election based on established rules that were clearly stated in advance of that election and which had been in force for numerous elections before that for a long period of time. There is no rule about popular vote winner wins.

The 49 senators who voted 'No' on Kavanaugh were smaller in number than the 51 who voted 'Yes'. The established rules were clearly stated in advance that the most votes wins and have been in force for a long period of time. There is no rule about senators who represent more numerous populations having votes that carry more weight.
Old 08.10.2018, 01:35 PM
MVP

Lightbulb

Quote:
thats some comedy right there, if you think he passed this process then you are a mad fella or didnt bother watching him testify.
Testifying was not really the process, was it. The process was securing the nomination and getting it voted through. You don't have to like the result, or the person, and you can question the motives of those who voted, but you cannot question the process. The process does not include members of the public being invited to start a trial in a court of public opinion.

Quote:
i have no reason to think Ford was lying, do you?
. Sigh. I feel we are going over old ground here. Back to you again. "What do I think? Surely my opinion matters, doesn't it?". No, it doesn't. You have no reason to think someone is lying? What kind of hurdle is that? I'm sure there have been plenty of cases where people had no reason to think someone was lying, only for it to turn out that they were lying. Or perhaps not lying but simply mistaken. It's not good enough. The mother of Shannon Matthews perhaps? Perhaps you thought that neighbour near the McCann's villa in Portugal was responsible, especially after the gutter press revealed he had "pictures of his wife in lingerie". The horror!

For someone that in other areas of politics seems very aware of the dangers that mob outrage can cause in society, and how it leads to ill-thought out and arbitrary decisions, and can potentially ruin lives, I just don't get how you can think this is any way different. Is it as simple as this time it's the Guardian being shrill out it rather than the Mail? Proper process. Always. Which does not mean public accusations without proper scrutiny.

As to whether Kavanaugh did anything or not, I do not know. Neither do you you. But I would rather someone be guilty yet clear the hurdles of proper process than someone be innocent and fall to the baying mob of public opinion. Which, let's face it, has a very mixed track record.