UK Patriots Pre-Game Party (Saturday night) - Page 8 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 02.11.2009, 01:09 PM
Hall of Fame

Great job, guys. Despite it taking me over 2 hours to get there via tube from the hotel (damn rail replacement buses), following an 8 1/2 hour ordeal getting to the bloody hotel to begin with, I had a great night. Met a bunch of Patriots season ticket holders who bought us drinks all night, which was pretty good. They were surprised at my knowledge (better than theirs!) of the Patriots

Highlight had to be my friend Leo excitedly saying, "I can't believe we're 6 feet away from Ben Watson!"...meaning Troy Brown. Whilst everyone was singing "There's only one Troy Brown"...Blonde moment much?

Missed Tom's dad though...what time was that at? We left just after 10, cos we had to face public transport to get back to the hotel.
Old 02.11.2009, 01:10 PM
Hall of Fame

Great job, guys. Despite it taking me over 2 hours to get there via tube from the hotel (damn rail replacement buses), following an 8 1/2 hour ordeal getting to the bloody hotel to begin with, I had a great night. Met a bunch of Patriots season ticket holders who bought us drinks all night, which was pretty good. They were surprised at my knowledge (better than theirs!) of the Patriots

Highlight had to be my friend Leo excitedly saying, "I can't believe we're 6 feet away from Ben Watson!"...meaning Troy Brown. Whilst everyone was singing "There's only one Troy Brown"...Blonde moment much?

Missed Tom's dad though...what time was that at? We left just after 10, cos we had to face public transport to get back to the hotel.
Old 09.11.2009, 12:22 PM
Pro

Glad you enjoyed the evening, Mr. Brady senior arrived with Mr. Kraft junior around 1 am- unexpected, but where safer than amongst your own- eh!
what a good feeling you get talking american football, in the UK, with Americans, and knowing as much about "their game" as they do- the surprised looks are always to a picture.
i can remember sitting in a bar in Nowhere, Montana, discussing the off season and draft picks with a Seattle season ticket holder, and, after a few drinks, him saying "you're not from round here, are ya!" priceless!

don't forget- Patriots fans always welcome at ukpatriots.com for a chat, drop by, maybe stay a while.- we've even got other teams fans regularly posting, for different perspectives........
Old 12.11.2009, 08:40 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialbrew View Post
Glad you enjoyed the evening, Mr. Brady senior arrived with Mr. Kraft junior around 1 am- unexpected, but where safer than amongst your own- eh!
Must have come back in then as I left with Betty about half 11 and the Bradys left about 20 minutes before I did.

Tags
new england patriots , ukpatriots.com