Week 1 phew! Week 2 BOOOOO! - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 19.09.2010, 07:49 PM
All Pro

Default Week 1 phew! Week 2 BOOOOO!

It's not even over yet, but the line gave little support to a very poor quality QB. We are currently 7-34 down with Falcons moving the ball, will lose huge. I did predict 14-31 I think, so not far off, so shouldn't be surprised, but quite despondent at the sheer manner of defeat, especially on the offensive side of the ball, that's not to say the D have been good, in field tackling was bad.

And I bet you'd thought I'd forgot it, but Penalties anyone?

I still feel this is a lot down to the manner of the Leinart situation
Old 19.09.2010, 08:44 PM
Pro Bowler

That was utter .......ing c..p

I thought our offense was a country mile better than our defense. DRC ....I would just run the ball at him every play the guy is a liability when a player has the ball the only thing he can do is push them until they go out of bounds..
Wheres the improvement in the D line? no really where? the whole Idea of drafting a big NT was to plug the middle to cause double teams and let our LBs and talented DEs get to the ball....wheres DD gone? got his money and left the building...
Can we stop anyone from passing when we need to? their WRs seemed open all night on third down...

DA looked pretty good early but as the score just ran away and the run became unlikely he just looked well like DA supposed to look.

I think its safe to say now Williams is some way off being a #4 WR maybe next year like Breaston did blossom in his second year.
Timmy ran hard and well but with patchy blocking from the O-line. Brandon Keith........... he is not living up to the billing so far get Bridges in for gods sake

Now all that said YET AGAIN we just did not look ready to play...for ..... sake I am so fed up with hearing the same stuff out of Whizs mouth (and I haven't heard the post game interview yet) "we can't have those penalties, they are unacceptable, we have to clean up some things. you just can't turn over the ball on the road. blah blah blah".
HEY COACH YOU HAVE BEEN SAYING THE SAME STUFF FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS. GET IT SORTED!!!! yeah I know he's took us to the SB we've won more playoff games with him than all the years before I know I know.
but I'm tied of the same stuff east coast games are a real problem for us but no one else moans about them...
That was an embarrasement
This is HIS team now he won with the Dennis Green left overs now this is Whiz's team he forced out the QB in waiting to put in a questionable QB and has been preparing the power running game well his guy can't hit open receivers and we can't run the ball...I believe the offense we want to run turned up in Atlanta but it wasn't us it was them that ran it!!!

hell we couldn't even line up right

pathetic

Last edited by mrbyte11; 19.09.2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 19.09.2010, 08:45 PM
Pro Bowler

I think the next off-season is huge for us. We're desperately going to need a fresh QB in, along with some O-Line additions.

Now the obvious has been said, is Whiz losing the locker room a bit? The amount of penalites is showing a severe lack of discipline. I know we've never been great as far as flags go, but I don't remember anything THIS bad in the past few years.
Old 19.09.2010, 08:51 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrumCardinal View Post
I think the next off-season is huge for us. We're desperately going to need a fresh QB in, along with some O-Line additions.

Now the obvious has been said, is Whiz losing the locker room a bit? The amount of penalites is showing a severe lack of discipline. I know we've never been great as far as flags go, but I don't remember anything THIS bad in the past few years.
the annoying thing is Whiz bangs on and on about it but it never improves
Old 19.09.2010, 09:46 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
Again that just says to me that the locker room doesn't really listen to him, although in fairness it's been a long running niggle. Either that or it's just inept coaching.

I'm not gonna overly slate Whiz because in recent years past we couldn't have dreamt of getting to a Superbowl, and we've taken great strides forward, but after the Leinart scenario which as UKcardinalsfan earlier said seems to have left some fallout and the penalties situation being worse than I can certainly remember for a while, questions have to be asked.
Old 19.09.2010, 09:51 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
That frustrates me. The personnel has changed greatly through the yellow flag years and yet it's still endemic of Arizona. This should have been sortable by now.

The Defense was weak. I thought they fought pretty hard last week but they didn't look on the go in this one. We must figure out the East coast problem. Send them there all week if need be, straight after the whistle from the week before, I don't care.

The O-line has issues, what I will say is that I tried watching the O-line carefully and I felt that Levi was doing a good job, but Keith was letting the whole line down from the other side. The run support opened some holes and was generally better than the help given to the pass but the second stage blocking was lacking, then the constant wideout run block holds was stopping all progress possible. Just play hard and play honest!
Old 19.09.2010, 10:13 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I thought today,” Whisenhunt said, “we just didn’t get it done.”
How much is he getting paid for this cutting edge anyalsis, this could be the understatement of the decade
Old 19.09.2010, 11:37 PM
Starter

What really annoyed me was Anderson's reluctance to go down field. Matt was cut for that and he was way more accurate come on Derek you have the ability just throw it up Fitz will get it.

See how it goes vs Oakland if no improvement trade for Vick.
Old 20.09.2010, 06:55 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor091 View Post
See how it goes vs Oakland if no improvement trade for Vick.
I'll admit now I still have Vick issues
Old 20.09.2010, 07:00 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
See how it goes vs Oakland if no improvement trade for Vick
Theres no way on earth that Whiz will trade for another QB, he would have to admit that forcing Leinart out was a mistake to do that, and to be honest It wasn't DAs fault he is what he is. if we could run the ball and control the line of scrimage he would be fine but for us to play that style we HAVE to be able to play good defense and we can't on that showing.
the days of being able to just put points up are gone. now its run the ball play action pass and solid defense we can't run so the play action isn't there and our defense is soft, no pressure on the front end poor coverage on the back end.