Cable debate over? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Oakland Raiders

Old 05.01.2011, 09:22 AM
All Pro

Default Cable debate over?

Hi Guys I just read this what do you think?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,6326890.story

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-...e-8fb7234f5fcc

Last edited by silver&black; 05.01.2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05.01.2011, 09:31 AM
Team Captain

I really don't get on what Al is doing anymore.

This has got to be Al dumbest move ever
Old 05.01.2011, 12:54 PM
Starter

there must be more to this story - maybe Cable is in trouble with the law again - cant beleive Al is that stupid not to see there is improvement happening
Old 05.01.2011, 01:11 PM
All Pro

Hi All,
Well it has happened, I guess a better topic would be who is going to replace him? Will Al recruit from the ranks or go outside again? What Headcoach would want the job might be another question?
I feel he should have giving him at least next season things have improved and for us we had a good season, we beat everyone in our division lets not forget that. I was looking for a bit of stability at Oakland but it looks like we will be going back into the "new coach needs time to settle" scenario. I was quite looking forward to next season after the display this year but I now have a terrible feeling we are going backwards again
Phil
Old 05.01.2011, 01:21 PM
Team Captain

Now you know why so many Raider Fans are heavy drinkers..........

Hue Jackson might be HC, but he going to have to wait a couple month before he told and Al goes on his 3 month coaching search.
Old 05.01.2011, 04:46 PM
All Pro

Al Davis really is losing his marbles.
Old 05.01.2011, 05:21 PM
MVP

Dont understand this move to be honest.. Its sets things back not forward. Al needs to relax and pick a HC and not interfere for a few years let the HC build and take the rough with the smooth.. Oakland were a great improvement this year.
Old 06.01.2011, 01:52 AM
Team Captain

groan... not again.
feel like we are resetting the wrecking ball to dismantle once more. You wont find players voicing opinion on record about this, but i would dearly love to know what the private opinions are with the team members are. I would imagine with some of the vets, they may be thinking enough is enough, and consider a successful career may only be possible elsewhere. Aso springs to mind especially, but you have to wonder how far ranging sentiments like that may be currently felt.
Will be interesting to see what kind of draft and free agency we have this year, assuming the CBA gets ironed out to keep next season on track.
Old 06.01.2011, 10:14 AM
All Pro

It does make you wonder why we bother at times
Old 06.01.2011, 10:20 AM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to steakz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgo View Post
groan... not again.
feel like we are resetting the wrecking ball to dismantle once more. You wont find players voicing opinion on record about this, but i would dearly love to know what the private opinions are with the team members are. I would imagine with some of the vets, they may be thinking enough is enough, and consider a successful career may only be possible elsewhere. Aso springs to mind especially, but you have to wonder how far ranging sentiments like that may be currently felt.
Will be interesting to see what kind of draft and free agency we have this year, assuming the CBA gets ironed out to keep next season on track.
actually lechler has already come out against it and rumours are some other players arent too happy. campbell has come out all for jackson, not neccesarily against cable but for jackson. with 27 free agents this year gonna be hard to see most of them coming back.

Quote:
Most other players on the team told reporters before and after the season finale against Kansas City that they loved playing for Cable and were hoping for his return as coach. The most vocal of late was All-Pro punter, Shane Lechler. He spoke on CSN Bay Area on the decision to let Cable go:

"I am not sure this isn't a terrible decision. How do you justify firing somebody when you just went 6-0 in the division, 8-8 in the season after we put in so much as a group, as a unit, with our leader being Tom Cable? How do you just go ahead and whack this guy with, I mean, no reason?"

Lechler also went on to say that there were several key free agents on the Raiders who will probably be leaving the team due to this decision. Most notably he mentioned left guard Robert Gallery and running back Michael Bush.

Other key Raider free agents include Pro Bowl defensive tackle Richard Seymour, tight end Zach Miller, cornerback Stanford Routt, quarterback Bruce Gradkowski, center Samson Satele and offensive tackle Mario Henderson. In all there are 27 Raiders set to become free agents.