Hopes and Fears - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 07.08.2011, 08:57 AM
All Pro

Lightbulb Hopes and Fears

Its all in the title really, what are your hopes and fears for this Cowboys team next year?

Hopes

- That Rob Ryan can get this Defense back to where it was a year before.

- The O-line holds up and we keep T Ro upright long enough to make plays.

- Dez Bryant builds on his stellar rookie season and stays injury free.

- That Rob Ryans scheme creates not only more pressure but more turnovers too.

- That we actually run the ball and use our new look O-line.

- We actually see some play out of our two young inside backers Bruce Carter and Sean Lee. Brooking is getting on and Bradie James is in the last year of his deal and with our cap situation both are unlikely to be here next season.

- Jason Garrett becomes one of the hot HCs in the league.

- Kevin Ogletree steps up. He is gonna have produce as Dez, Miles and Witten will draw the best coverage so he should get some nice match-ups against 4th string corners.

Fears

- Rob Ryan is all mouth and our Defense performs like last year.

- Tyron Smith struggles or gets hurt.

- Doug Free doesn't build on his 1st year and regresses. Cowboys have a lot of hope in our two Tackles, i just hope its not unfounded.

- Dez Bryant cant stay healthy.

- Miles Austin continues his worrying habit of having a few key drops.

- Romo gets hurt again. I know it was fun watching Kitna on the naked bootleg but in a season that isn't lost do we realy want him at QB? Great back-up but his limitations are there for all to see.

- Spencer doesn't get back to where he was before last year. With teams doubling Jay Ratliff and D Ware he should be putting up huge numbers.

I am quite optimistic that we can be competitive in our division, really looking forward to the season and especialy seeing how our defence lines up. Gonna be very interesting. How 'bout them Cowboys!

Last edited by Aikman_8; 07.08.2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07.08.2011, 01:02 PM
Banned

I have no hopes and no fears. I know how this team is. Last year is what we will be like.
Old 07.08.2011, 01:04 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Mo Romo View Post
I have no hopes and no fears. I know how this team is. Last year is what we will be like.
Thanks for your usual insightful input.
Old 07.08.2011, 01:07 PM
Team Captain

i can't see us doing any better than last year. all this hyped up talk will just fall onto deaf ears in the cowboys camp and they will just be as rubbish as last year.
Old 07.08.2011, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyswill View Post
i can't see us doing any better than last year. all this hyped up talk will just fall onto deaf ears in the cowboys camp and they will just be as rubbish as last year.
Correct. Atleast someone else is not gullible to believe media hype.
Old 07.08.2011, 01:10 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyswill View Post
But surely the improvement under Garrett and the Rob Ryan effect is cause for optimism? Plus the return of Romo and a new look O-Line that might actually be able to block.
Old 07.08.2011, 01:12 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Correct. Atleast someone else is not gullible to believe media hype.
Not believing media hype, just thinking for myself that we have cause for optimism. I mentioned nothing about superbowl or any other stupid predictions. I just thought we could list hope and fears for some players or situations.

Obviously hoping for some decent football discussion with people like you around is out of the question.

Last edited by Aikman_8; 07.08.2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07.08.2011, 02:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikman_8 View Post
But surely the improvement under Garrett and the Rob Ryan effect is cause for optimism? Plus the return of Romo and a new look O-Line that might actually be able to block.
I am sure Rob Ryan will do an all right job, but hopefully from now on he can keep his mouth shut about other teams after that outburst towards the Eagles. Get over it Rob, they are better than you.
Old 07.08.2011, 02:31 PM
All Pro

Quote:
I am sure Rob Ryan will do an all right job, but hopefully from now on he can keep his mouth shut about other teams after that outburst towards the Eagles. Get over it Rob, they are better than you.
See i love how out-spoken he is, makes a great difference from Wade who wouldn't say boo to a goose. It hasn't done Rex any harm, his players would do anything for him and i think that mentality will help our team.

Yes the Eagles are better than us but you can bet your bottom dollar that Rob Ryan is gonna get our guys fired up to give them a fat lip on the way.

See you can actually talk football. I know you don't rate Romo but it does get boring when that is all you ever go on about.
Old 07.08.2011, 09:30 PM
Starter

I certainly hope the Cowboys are much improved than last season, but its gonna be tough.
I am excited about Rob Ryan, I'm sure he will whip up a storm in Dallas and sort out the D big time - though if not, I will be looking forward to his outbursts