Dallas Cowboys Free Agency Thread. - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 29.07.2011, 10:52 PM
Pro

Seriously what are the cowboys doing?! I get that we had to shed a few guys to create cap space, Roy and MBIII havent really justified their big contracts so fair enough, Columbo was pretty disappointing last year too. But surely the idea of getting cap space is so you can go and get the free agents you really need, now we lost out on asomugha to the Eagles? Bowens gone to the redskins? sam hurd figured to fill in a bit more with roy gone and now he's a bear. and the Cowboys have either stood still or just lost out on everyone they have gone for. Resigning free was a priority yes but we've got massive issues to sort before the end of this free agency and the opportunities to do that seem to be slipping away. The eagles are going to be so far ahead come week 1 at this rate, adding asomugha and trading kolb for rodgers-cromartie and a draft pick.... its a good job we can still beat the redskins!
Old 30.07.2011, 07:13 AM
Team Captain

I was all excited yesterday about Nnamdi but tbh its probably better for us in the long run. We're already in cap hell due to our awesome GM, adding another 30 year old at 12 mil a year is not really a good business decision.

Now Asomwatch is over, Jerry needs to go get the best S available. Whether its Michael Huff, Dashon Goldson or whoever, he needs to do something. As much as I want Akwasi to be a success, I'm not comfortable with him being a starter day 1.
Old 30.07.2011, 10:53 AM
Starter

i think Nnamdi was always a non starter, it was just a show to say look were after top players, we have money,. but sadley i don`t think we do.
as i said when garratt was appointed as hc it will be a loosing season.
Old 30.07.2011, 01:49 PM
Starter

what are your thought on kenyon coleman signing? and what about a look at desean jackson

Last edited by iannidan; 30.07.2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 30.07.2011, 02:55 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iannidan View Post
what are your thought on kenyon coleman signing? and what about a look at desean jackson
I think Coleman signing is a nice stop gap type pick up. He knows Rob Ryan and Rob Ryan knows him.

Desean Jackson? Are you serious? No way he leaves Phillie and if he did no way can Dallas afford him, he's gonna want something near what Austin is on maybe more. Desean will stay an Eagle, were set at WR for years with Dez and Miles just need a reliable 3rd.

I think someone like James Jones is a fit or dare i say it Randy Moss!!
Old 30.07.2011, 03:36 PM
Starter

Desean Jackson? Are you serious? No way he leaves Phillie and if he did no way can Dallas afford him, he's gonna want something near what Austin is on maybe more. Desean will stay an Eagle, were set at WR for years with Dez and Miles just need a reliable 3rd.

I think someone like James Jones is a fit or dare i say it Randy Moss!! [/QUOTE]

do think philly can afford him now with Nnamdi on there books?

not moss no way. its a pity hurd has gone as he could have featured more this year.

corners/safety are the top priorty for me
Old 30.07.2011, 03:41 PM
All Pro

If Moss was cheap and willing to be #3 i think its worth a shot. He's got something left in the tank if you ask me.
Old 30.07.2011, 03:43 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iannidan View Post
do think philly can afford him now with Nnamdi on there books?
I'm not sure how much space the Eagles had but it'd be pretty daft on there part to have not accounted for Desean getting paid. Vick is gonna want paying soon too.
Old 30.07.2011, 08:07 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikman_8 View Post
If Moss was cheap and willing to be #3 i think its worth a shot. He's got something left in the tank if you ask me.
i can't see moss wanting to be a #3. his ego is way too big. on the desean jackson front. there is no way we can afford him. i reckon he would go straight to number one reciever anyway and then we can't pay austin the same amount.
Old 31.07.2011, 10:27 AM
Team Captain

Even if we could afford Desean Jackson, Philly would not trade him to anybody.

Abe Elam posted this on his twitter account last night - Just hung up with Rob Ryan he spoke about how good Terence Newman and the defense is and can be.. I told him well #CTMFC#