Why are the Dallas Cowboys so hated? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 17.05.2011, 03:40 PM
Pro

Default Why are the Dallas Cowboys so hated?

I am not trying to wind anyone up here, Cowboys are one of the teams I could choose in the long run- love the stadium, logo / uniform, fans and area.

But why do so many teams hate Cowboys fans?

Bandwagon - a see the crowd was about 6,000 in 1st season then grew, but this cant be the reason .

I see lots of Dallas sucks chants on you tube clips/ forums from about every set of fans on there+ thats when their team are not even playing the Cowboys that day and are not even in the same division.

They have not won anything in 15 years so cant be glory fans.

Steelers have now won the most and now tied on super bowl appearances, yet they seem to get the respect of a lot of fans?

The way they take over stadiums with numbers they must have more bandwagon fans?

I just need to be educated as well as a lot of others prob as to why Cowboys fans are not bandwagoners. I have a feeling it is all down to jealousy for a record of 20 straight winning seasons and superbowl rings?

Last edited by Donnie_Darko; 17.05.2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 17.05.2011, 04:41 PM
Banned

It is a tough one to know why they are hated so much more than any other team. Success has nothing to do with it nowadays. It may just be a generation thing were people in the mid ninties loathed their superbowl wins and they still cry on about it. The Americas Team thing always comes up but that is such a weak argument. Your right about jealousy, that has to be the number one reason as there are not many other legit reasons. We get hatred of course from our divisional rivals, but god damn the skins fans take it to a whole new level. Talk about sad, dont get me started on them freaks. I personally get a kick out of the hatred as the anti-cowboy bandwagoners have little to no life and are not real football fans. Let them hate. If and when we won another superbowl, they will be crying behind the sofa.
Old 17.05.2011, 05:25 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG-1 RULES View Post
It is a tough one to know why they are hated so much more than any other team. Success has nothing to do with it nowadays. It may just be a generation thing were people in the mid ninties loathed their superbowl wins and they still cry on about it. The Americas Team thing always comes up but that is such a weak argument. Your right about jealousy, that has to be the number one reason as there are not many other legit reasons. We get hatred of course from our divisional rivals, but god damn the skins fans take it to a whole new level. Talk about sad, dont get me started on them freaks. I personally get a kick out of the hatred as the anti-cowboy bandwagoners have little to no life and are not real football fans. Let them hate. If and when we won another superbowl, they will be crying behind the sofa.
Coming from a guy with a deranged hate of all things Green Bay Packers your comments are amusing.

Jerry Jones is an easy man to hate, the pompus nature of a team that claims God is watching his team. The arrogant tools on the team of the 90s. The success wasnt the issue for me, it was people like Irvin acting like utter morons because they were so up their own behinds. And remember he did threaten to kill a team mate over nothing.

Their is no jealousy because face it you are just not as successful as the Pittsburgh Steelers (6 Superbowls) and Green Bay Packers (13 World titles).

It may have something to do with being in Texas the home of George W Bush, Texans have taken a bashing for their lack of IQ.

Jerry World is an amazing Stadium, but is such an over the top corporate symbol of greed.

If you win another Superbowl under salary cap rules I will applaud you, but if it becomes like MLB with no cap you will win lots of titles due to deep pockets and will once again be an undeserving dynasty.
Old 17.05.2011, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman4 View Post
Coming from a guy with a deranged hate of all things Green Bay Packers your comments are amusing.

Jerry Jones is an easy man to hate, the pompus nature of a team that claims God is watching his team. The arrogant tools on the team of the 90s. The success wasnt the issue for me, it was people like Irvin acting like utter morons because they were so up their own behinds. And remember he did threaten to kill a team mate over nothing.

Their is no jealousy because face it you are just not as successful as the Pittsburgh Steelers (6 Superbowls) and Green Bay Packers (13 World titles).

It may have something to do with being in Texas the home of George W Bush, Texans have taken a bashing for their lack of IQ.

Jerry World is an amazing Stadium, but is such an over the top corporate symbol of greed.

If you win another Superbowl under salary cap rules I will applaud you, but if it becomes like MLB with no cap you will win lots of titles due to deep pockets and will once again be an undeserving dynasty.
Now you are becoming a pain in the ........ This is a cowboys thread for cowboys fans. Go and munch some cheese in your happy wee world over in stink pack thread.
Old 17.05.2011, 05:29 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Now you are becoming a pain in the ........ This is a cowboys thread for cowboys fans. Go and munch some cheese in your happy wee world over in stink pack thread.
Nope this thread was about why people hate the Cowboys, if only Cowboy fans answer it will be 'because we are the best team ever' '
Old 17.05.2011, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Nope this thread was about why people hate the Cowboys, if only Cowboy fans answer it will be 'because we are the best team ever' '
And so the main page title of this thread means nothing then. Dallas Cowboys, Discuss the Dallas Cowboys with fellow fans. Thats what it says. If our OP wanted your opinion this thread would be under the NFL Season section.
Old 17.05.2011, 05:36 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
And so the main page title of this thread means nothing then. Dallas Cowboys, Discuss the Dallas Cowboys with fellow fans. Thats what it says. If our OP wanted your opinion this thread would be under the NFL Season section.
the poster doesnt have a team yet and wants to learn about the game, asking Cowboy fans is not the way to learn about the NFL.
Old 17.05.2011, 05:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
the poster doesnt have a team yet and wants to learn about the game, asking Cowboy fans is not the way to learn about the NFL.
That is his problem. Now buzz off.
Old 17.05.2011, 05:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That is his problem. Now buzz off.
will do kid.
Old 18.05.2011, 01:05 PM
Team Captain

I think one of the reasons the Cowboys are so hated is the media coverage they get. When the Cowboys are doing well all the media are hyping them up and saying how good they are, but when they are performing badly they are like whats going wrong with the Cowboys? They also get more TV coverage in the UK than most teams which annoys fans over here, but this is due to the scheduling in america.

Also I would like to send a message to Packman4. You are welcome any time you like to post on the Dallas Cowboys message boards, just to annoy SG-1 RULES.