Superbash 2012 review - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL in the UK

Old 06.02.2012, 04:53 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
Yeah. . of course thats it. . after all they made a fortune out of your free pizza, free beers, free venue, entertainment, presenters, free meal, with corn bread, popcorn and chilli nachos, free soft drinks and competition give aways. .and then free transport laid on. . yes the NFLUK are sticking 2 fingers up at everyone arent they. . there is always an issue with coaches you have over a 1000 people wanting transport on 49 seater coaches that are having to make return trips. . you are always going to be late home the later you leave the O2. . the tyre blowing is hardly the NFLUK fault is it. . coach companies are often cutting corners with tyres etc with rising costs. . this does not mean the NFLUK are liable. . so lets not blame then. . im sure they did their best to reorganise and get folks to where they needed to be...honestly some are never happy
We were happy until we were wandering round the outside of the O2 looking for coaches that didn't exist! We couldn't see any sign of any coaches, this was about 3.20am and were told by one of the O2 staff to go to the place where the coaches were last year. They were not in the same place this year but I met some people who were heading towards the coaches and we got to the right place, this was about 3.30am, so we thought there would be at least another coach going to Euston. No more coaches to Euston, there were lots of us trying to get there with some opting to get on night buses to try and get into central London. We got on the coach that the girl had negotiated would drop people off at Victoria and then Euston,

Yes the tyre blowing is not NFLUKs fault but they do organise the event and book transport, that should be reliable, so people will come to it well after the tubes have shut. There seems to be a problem every year with the coaches, so there is obviously a problem somewhere!
This is the first year I have used them, as I thought it would be the easiest way to get home, if I had known how awful they were going to be I would have arranged my own transport! I reckon it may put me off going again. I am just glad that my boyfriend managed to get the night off work, otherwise I would have been wandering round elephant and castle on my on at 4.30am in the morning!
Old 06.02.2012, 05:01 PM
All Pro

Echoing everyones thoughts, a top top night. I wasnt aware of any coach issues as I drove but nfluk have done us proud for what they laid on last night. I dont know how they're going to top that next year. A BIG thankyou.
Old 06.02.2012, 05:05 PM
Team Captain

My first Super Bash and I have to say it was an amazing night out.

A BIG thank you from me to NFLUK/Chrysler etc. that put on the event. The free drinks, free food and entertainment was extremely good.

Thought the atmosphere was amazing throughout, although thought it was considerably better upstairs in the amplitheatre than downstairs I thought.

Me and my mate spent the entire night at the back of the amplitheatre upstairs chatting to a couple of fans, one supporting the Giants, one supporting the Patriots who were winding each other up throughout.

As for the mythical NFLUK buses others have mentioned, they were nowhere to be seen as we came out, there was only about one sign which we followed to the bus stop and found no clear queues or regulation for the NFL designated buses, so we just hopped on the first 188 bus that came to Waterloo for free (as the driver couldn't be bothered to process change etc. for all the people getting on board) so it worked out great for us in the end, and there was a great post-superbowl atmosphere on the bus all the way back to Waterloo

Overrall the whole night was amazing, which was helped by the Super Bowl itself which was nothing less than thrilling throughout. Glad the Giants won as I didn't want to see Bellchick and Brady up on the podium afterwards!
Old 06.02.2012, 05:14 PM
All Pro

Top night once again, the beer & food tokens was a great touch, really enjoyed the chilled out atmosphere. Nice catching up with some peeps, Mr & Mrs Stocksy, nice to see you again, Chazeboy, nice Rex outfit and meeting some new folks and having some good NFL chat & banter.

And the one really drunk Giants fan who attempted to throw his beer at us, getting spotted by the bar staff doing it, then getting ejected by security, subsequently missing his team win the Superbowl..! Well Done Douche!

Last edited by celt67; 06.02.2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06.02.2012, 05:36 PM
All Pro

Hope to get along next year.... Sounds like a great evening
Old 06.02.2012, 05:41 PM
All Pro

Had a great night (despite the result ), somehow managed to miss the forum members again. It is always nice to meet/talk to people that understand the game but seems people I met are forum 'lurkers' who tend not to post.
Old 06.02.2012, 06:15 PM
Pro

Anyone else see the Giants fan that fell asleep near the front row of sofas - and subsequently made it into a lot of photos?!
Old 06.02.2012, 06:18 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Anyone else see the Giants fan that fell asleep near the front row of sofas - and subsequently made it into a lot of photos?!
Yeah they took the proverbial out of him.

WARNING - REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT DRINK - some bloke proposed on stage
Old 06.02.2012, 06:20 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Yeah they took the proverbial out of him.

WARNING - REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT DRINK - some bloke proposed on stage
Old 06.02.2012, 06:47 PM
All Pro

Default Must go in Earlier...

I feel like I missed out... never saw the pre game acts, 1 slice of pizza - would of loved more, dunno what the meal was and no freebies - wasn't looking for them to be honest so didn't know there was stuff being given away. Still had a great time though and hope to be there again next year.