What's Gonna Change? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New Orleans Saints

Old 12.09.2012, 04:19 PM
Pro

Default What's Gonna Change?

So anything different you hope to see in the Saints gameplan for this week? Any players you reckon will have a bounceback performance?
Old 12.09.2012, 06:15 PM
Team Captain

It's an interesting one with the Panthers really struggling against the Bucs in their opener too. They're going to be looking to bounce back as much as we are.

I'm not sure I'd hope to see anything different in our gameplan as such. I don't think there's necessarily a fundamental problem there (although there's an argument about the merits of passing to set up the run), it's perhaps more that the execution was letting us down. Clumsy passes being dropped, stupid penalties, missed tackles. The penalties in particular. Some of those really hurt us, they were avoidable, and without those it might have been a different result.

I expect both us and the Panthers to be better than we were in our opening games. 30-27 was the score in the corresponding fixture last season - a similarly close high-scoring game this time wouldn't surprise me.
Old 12.09.2012, 09:47 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arathrael View Post
The penalties in particular. Some of those really hurt us, they were avoidable, and without those it might have been a different result.
Agreed, that was probably what killed our chances against the 'Skins in my opinion. Kept being left with 1st and longs and stuff, and we couldn't really do much from there. Hopefully the good coaching folk at NOLA sort our false starts and holding penalties out.

NO 30 - 24 CAR
Old 13.09.2012, 02:49 AM
Pro

One thing that will definitely change is Drews completion percentage, on Sunday he had his lowest percentage since '06. That will change and with it I think our run game will improve, hoping to see pt cruiser and ingram rack up some meaty yards this week. Still be a close game though. We do sneak it still in my opinion.
Old 13.09.2012, 08:48 AM
Pro Bowler

We need to run the ball more. Carolina's run defense was shocking last year.

We also need to generate some sort of pass rush without sending the house. From what I've seen last season and on Sunday is that Cameron Jordan is pretty strong against the run but hasn't got that breakout speed to hurry the QB.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Martez Wilson in that spot.

Finally, we need to stop those silly drops. Morgan dropped two fairly simple ones in succession and Colston had one or two as well. Plus it looks like Devery could be out with concussion.
Old 13.09.2012, 10:10 AM
Pro

Carolina had problems of their own, running the ball last weekend. The winner will be the team that improves their run game the most. And in my opinion, that'll be the Saints.
Old 16.09.2012, 08:37 PM
Team Captain

Well... we managed to stop giving away daft penalties. And our third down efficiency was better (admittedly, it would be hard for it to be worse). And we ran the ball more, and ran it well too.

Still dropping passes though - seems we don't even trust the active WRs given how many attempts to them were even made - and still, hmm, how to put it... making it a little too easy for the other side's offense?

Chiefs next at the Dome. A must win.
Old 16.09.2012, 08:53 PM
Pro Bowler

Just yuk.

- No pass rush (again)
- No protection for Brees - O-Line looking average as predicted. The tackles were both terrible
- Brees himself looking below par without his partner Payton. The pick 6 was bone-headed.
- WR's dropping balls - 'nuff said
- Run Defense - embarrassing.

To me this was worse than last week. And showing no sign of improvement is deeply concerning. We've conceded nearly 1000 yards in two games!
Old 17.09.2012, 01:37 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer_bart View Post
Just yuk.
That says it all.
Old 24.09.2012, 09:31 PM
Pro Bowler

Who is the likely number 1 draft pick ??