The Super Bowl pairing you DON'T want to see... - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 10.01.2013, 11:33 PM
Starter

Default The Super Bowl pairing you DON'T want to see...

Atlanta v Houston IMO.

Just don't like these teams near as much as the rest. I usually have to sell the SB to my non NFL friends every year but this I would find hard myself. If such an occasion arose I'd probably side with Houston to bring some prestige back to defense. There just seems to be more interesting stories happening elsewhere; Reed/Lewis's last ride. Rodgers versus an elite QB would entertain the masses. Patriots see Brady going for 4 and their recent 5 SB's have all been decided by 3 points. Denver bring Manning's return. How far can Wilson take Seattle / Sherman is a hot topic. And I love the 49ers all round game, quietly rooting for them after their NYG mistakes last year.
Old 10.01.2013, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

49ers vs Texans. The thought of that one leaves me cold
Old 10.01.2013, 11:39 PM
All Pro

Anything with Baltimore in.
Old 10.01.2013, 11:41 PM
MVP

Patriots (don't like them) v 49ers (don't like them ever so slightly more than the Hawks)
Old 10.01.2013, 11:44 PM
Pro Bowler

Denver - Atlanta
Old 10.01.2013, 11:47 PM
All Pro

Anything with the niners, Seahawks or Atlanta in as it would mean the Packers were knocked out somewhere along the line.
Old 10.01.2013, 11:48 PM
MVP

Anything with the Patriots in. They've been it more than enough in the last dozen years.
Old 10.01.2013, 11:53 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBroderick View Post
Atlanta v Houston IMO.

Just don't like these teams near as much as the rest. I usually have to sell the SB to my non NFL friends every year but this I would find hard myself. If such an occasion arose I'd probably side with Houston to bring some prestige back to defense. There just seems to be more interesting stories happening elsewhere; Reed/Lewis's last ride. Rodgers versus an elite QB would entertain the masses. Patriots see Brady going for 4 and their recent 5 SB's have all been decided by 3 points. Denver bring Manning's return. How far can Wilson take Seattle / Sherman is a hot topic. And I love the 49ers all round game, quietly rooting for them after their NYG mistakes last year.
Really? I'm biased, but a game between 2 teams who have never won a SB would be awesome. There would be plenty of story lines as well, if the media could look beyond their blinkered absolute hatred of the falcons. A new name on the trophy; Schaub and Wade Philips facing their old team; Tony Gonzalez playing a SB in probably his last season; the classiest owner on the NFL (Arthur Blank) getting his day in the big game; the Falcons trying to win a SB in the stadium of their biggest rival etc.

That would certainly beat seeing the same old teams being successful. Who -apart form their own fans - would want to see GB win yet again, the Pats making their 6th appearance in 11 years, the 9ers going for #6, or the overhyped Broncos and Manning? I won't even bother watching the game if it's Denver/New England/Baltimore -v- SF/GB.

Everyone wants Ray Lewis to win a 2nd SB in his last season, but how about Tony Gonzalez getting his first?

Last edited by Devilfalc; 10.01.2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 11.01.2013, 12:14 AM
All Pro

Packers/Seahawks vs Pats

Despise the Packers and the Seahawks are creeping up as well. Not too fussed about AFC but would prefer new blood
Old 11.01.2013, 12:24 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilfalc View Post

That would certainly beat seeing the same old teams being successful. Who -apart form their own fans - would want to see GB win yet again, the Pats making their 6th appearance in 11 years, the 9ers going for #6, or the overhyped Broncos and Manning? I won't even bother watching the game if it's Denver/New England/Baltimore -v- SF/GB.

Everyone wants Ray Lewis to win a 2nd SB in his last season, but how about Tony Gonzalez getting his first?
I think a lot of people would like to see the Niners there, yes they have won 5 but that is so far removed from this team that I don't think they compare with the Packers or Patriots, who have been there recently enough. A lot of newer fans will not have seen any real 49ers success, so to them, it will be new. Arguably you could say similar for the Broncos.

As such, my pick would be Packers v Patriots.

I do however find it most odd that you say you won't watch the SB if certain teams make it (and you have listed enough permutations that one of them is likely to happen).

You are dedicated enough to be posting on an NFL fan forum at nearly midnight on a Thursday evening, yet you won't watch the SB unless the unfancied teams match up? I find that odd behaviour.