Ticket Sales Method Discriminatory - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 13.01.2013, 08:58 PM
Rookie

Angry Ticket Sales Method Discriminatory

The way the NFL has sold the tickets for the 2 Wembley games has been blatantly discriminatory towards poorer fans.

Only richer fans could afford to buy tickets for both games and the associated travel / accommodation expenses. Single game tickets should have been available from the start.

Poorer fans also get the less desirable seats because the better seats would have been sold earlier.

This method of ticket sales also plays into the hands of the touts who will be quite willing to split tickets for both games (for a price).

For an organisation claiming to have social responsibility to the community, you definitely fumbled the ball on this drive !
Old 13.01.2013, 09:20 PM
Rookie

I went online Thursday morning and booked ticktets for one game without any problem.

What happened to you?
Old 13.01.2013, 09:27 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southscot Gaz View Post

Only richer fans could afford to buy tickets for both games and the associated travel / accommodation expenses. Single game tickets should have been available from the start.

Poorer fans also get the less desirable seats because the better seats would have been sold earlier.
Lol. Do you know what capitalism is?

"The way Ferrari prices their cars is discriminatory towards poor people, only rich people can afford ferraris and everyone else is left with a Kia."
Old 13.01.2013, 09:31 PM
Starter

im sorry to say that you are completly wrong.
i bought tickets last thursday and i found pretty good seats, i tried to buy tickets on saturday and they gave me the best seats for the price i wanted, so is not true that nfl left only the worst seats, actually they left the best seats in some price range.

and by the way it has been like this also in the past years; usually there were loyalty fans that bought the tickets as soon as they came out and they got worst seats than the fans that waited longer to get the tickets

Last edited by zazzo89; 13.01.2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 13.01.2013, 10:02 PM
Pro

I got good seats for the Steelers/Vikings game when they went on sale on Thursday.

More importantly, there're still good seats available for 49ers/Jags at £45 and £65 - grab them before they're gone!
Old 14.01.2013, 10:33 AM
Starter

Season ticket holders always get the first pick and preferential tickets - why shouldn't they, they are paying more up front and deserve something for their committment and loyalty - its the same for all sports. Also as I got a pretty central upper sideline ticket for the 49ers game on Thursday I don't believe there were no decent tickets left. I'm also not sure what this has to do with social responsibility to the community its just ticket allocation!
Old 14.01.2013, 10:44 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigus89 View Post
Lol. Do you know what capitalism is?

"The way Ferrari prices their cars is discriminatory towards poor people, only rich people can afford ferraris and everyone else is left with a Kia."
That sums it up perfectly.
Old 14.01.2013, 10:57 AM
Pro Bowler

That's not actually what he's saying, but if it makes you feel better then cool.
Old 14.01.2013, 10:59 AM
All Pro

To be fair, I think the pricing and ticket options this year are pretty good.
Old 14.01.2013, 12:08 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candlestick Park View Post
That's not actually what he's saying, but if it makes you feel better then cool.
He said its unfair that only richer fans can afford to go to both games and pay for all the associated costs, he then claimed that all the worst seats were left after the season tickets which isn't true either especially considering all the claims that Ticketmaster fill the worst blocks first. Can't have it both ways.