NFLshop.com - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL in the UK

Old 06.02.2013, 12:37 AM
All Pro

Default NFLshop.com

Just a quickie guys, I see you incur taxes when the stuff gets delivered. Anyone know the percentage?
Old 06.02.2013, 01:01 AM
All Pro

In theory, for any sales under 135 GBP, you shouldn't be charged anymore than approx 20 GBP at the UK Border, but it has been known to effectively be a lottery, and unfortunately, you're never really in a place to argue if you want your package.

My Girlfriends Dad sent her a present a couple of years ago which was only worth about 70 USD, but we had to pay 55 GBP to get it released. When I ordered my custom Jersey from NFLShop in 2006 or 2007 (can't remember) it was worth 99 USD and I had to pay 35 GBP upon delivery.

Hopefully that kind of helps? To completely avoid though, honestly just use Fansedge!
Old 08.02.2013, 01:21 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJayDixon View Post
To completely avoid though, honestly just use Fansedge!
Just to be clear, you don't avoid VAT and import taxes when ordering from Fansedge - they add the taxes to your order before you pay.

So you ALWAYS pay the tax when ordering from Fansedge.

The only thing you potentially avoid is rip-off "handling" and "administration" fees levied by the delivery company to collect the actual tax on parcels which aren't "pre-paid".

It's still quite possible for "taxable" parcels to get through with no tax at all - I had one (nothing to do with NFL) delivered last week.

So, it's a choice... Pay in advance if the retailer uses that scheme (fansedge), or take a flyer on your parcel getting through untaxed (with the risk you'll end up paying extra "fees" on top if it does get taxed...) (nfl.com and others).