Riddell Authentic Helmets - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL in the UK

Old 03.03.2009, 03:20 PM
Rookie

Question Riddell Authentic Helmets

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone on this forum can help me out here.

I'm interested in purchasing an authentic Pats helmet from the NFL Shop but I'm unsure as to whether they're big enough to actually be worn on your head.

I have no intention of using it for competitive play; I just want to wear it during games so I can showboat to all my Patriots-hating friends .

I own a replica helmet but they are made purely for display purposes (i.e, they don't fit on your head) but I'm guessing that the authentic helmets might be big enough? For $269 I'd certainly hope so....

Any info regarding this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03.03.2009, 03:28 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotsfan82 View Post

I'm interested in purchasing an authentic Pats helmet from the NFL Shop but I'm unsure as to whether they're big enough to actually be worn on your head.

I have no intention of using it for competitive play; I just want to wear it during games so I can showboat to all my Patriots-hating friends .

I own a replica helmet but they are made purely for display purposes (i.e, they don't fit on your head) but I'm guessing that the authentic helmets might be big enough? For $269 I'd certainly hope so....

Just be careful with the import tax! I bought £225 worth of gear off NFLSHOP.COM and got stung £76 import tax!!
Old 03.03.2009, 05:53 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotsfan82 View Post

My replica fits on my head, presumably i have a small head...

On topic my authentic fits as well and seems a tiny bit more roomy albeit with proper padding.
Old 03.03.2009, 06:19 PM
All Pro

Buy a helmet from a UK supplier, buy decals off Ebay and ta-da
Old 03.03.2009, 06:24 PM
Rookie

Thanks, ZachAttack. Much appreciated.

Actually, I did manage to get my replica on once but it was a heck of a squeeze because of the tough foam padding at the sides; getting the helmet off was actually painful. (And I have a small head, too). Won't be trying that again.

If the authentics are roomier and have proper padding then I may have to get one.

Cheers to Bretts for the warning about VAT prices, too.
Old 15.03.2009, 07:03 PM
Pro Bowler

An authentic helmet will either be a Riddell VSR4 (traditional style) or Riddell Revolution (new style). Both are sold in size large only which fit up to 7 1/2 hat size (the rev comes up smaller although the sizing is the same).

If you do want to try it on and haven't worn a football helmet before, hook your index fingers through the earholes with your thumbs hooked into the helmet at the bottom. Pull the helmet apart as you place it onto your head and to take it off repeat the above or your ears will try to exit with the helmet.

Don't try and **** something with it because if a helmet isnt fitted properly it can break your nose !!!!!!

Tags
authentic , helmet , nfl , patriots , riddell