Week 14 v Colts - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 06.12.2014, 07:17 PM
Pro

Default Luck in Cleveland?

Just found this article, I never knew that!
I would have questioned it for a second or two.....

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-br...-in-2012-draft

Look back at that class, you would do it with hindsight right?
How about at the time? We were being criticised for not doing what Washington did in getting RG3.....
Old 06.12.2014, 07:28 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis View Post

How about at the time? We were being criticised for not doing what Washington did in getting RG3.....
I dont think it was ever really an option, i think Holmgren offered it with safe knowledge that it would never have been accepted

I personally would not have done it, i would have handed a few years number 1 for Luck but not an entire draft
Old 06.12.2014, 08:37 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
I have no idea what happened as he had a pretty good first year, my best guess is he is a guy built on confidence and he never saw his trade coming and hasnt been able to get over it since, lets hope Sunday isnt the spark
This is so true and it is easy to forget the heat Banner and Lombardi took over the trade. There was also talk of it being the prelude to Haslam relocating the Browns. If Trent has gripes, it shouldn't be with the Browns fans or coaching staff or management. It only seems to be the owner left who let go of the guys who let go of him!
Old 07.12.2014, 12:23 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis View Post

I heard rumours around the time of that draft but we never realistically had a chance of the Colts accepting the offer. They needed to replace Manning after their 1-15 / 0-16 season.
Old 07.12.2014, 12:26 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
I have no idea what happened as he had a pretty good first year, my best guess is he is a guy built on confidence and he never saw his trade coming and hasnt been able to get over it since, lets hope Sunday isnt the spark
To be fair he was going downhill before the trade, okay he scored double figure TD's and he played about half of his rookie year with a rib injury, but I wasn't convinced towards the end of that season and the beignning of the next. Plus Chud didn't have any ties to him so I can see why the trade was easy.
Old 07.12.2014, 09:46 PM
All Pro

I've been trying to follow the game best I could on Redzone, but I take it the Defense were awesome and the Offense was slightly awesomely worse. This must be the end for Hoyer, I take it we had turnovers that couldn't be turned into points. Cundiff can't be feeling to secure either with missing another get table FG which made the difference.
Oh well! It was nice while it lasted!
Old 07.12.2014, 09:59 PM
Hall of Fame

Forget Hoyer taking the blame for this one, the blame is completely on Pettine and no one else, you stuck with your guy who clearly has been and was struggling badly
Old 07.12.2014, 10:20 PM
All Pro

I've said it before and I'll say it again, no one in the whole organisation has confidence in Hoyer, apart from Pettine. It showed today. Every time he stepped up to the line I was just waiting for him to be picked. The two deep throws that were overthrown were extremely poor. To be honest the whole offence played with their heads down and we never looked like stringing a couple of decent drives together (apart from the Crow TD one). He simply cannot start Hoyer next week, the guy is done in Cleveland. This should've been Manziel's team weeks ago.

Credit to the defence though, Leonhard, Skrine (PI apart), Robertston and Kruger played superbly. Props to Gilbert for the pick 6 too. Cannot fault the efforts of the defence.

Pettine's stubbornness has cost us a decent shot at the post season. Even if we win out it's going to be difficult now.

But if Cundiff makes that FG, we win, Hoyer continues to start
Old 07.12.2014, 10:29 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again, no one in the whole organisation has confidence in Hoyer, apart from Pettine. It showed today. Every time he stepped up to the line I was just waiting for him to be picked. The two deep throws that were overthrown were extremely poor. To be honest the whole offence played with their heads down and we never looked like stringing a couple of decent drives together (apart from the Crow TD one). He simply cannot start Hoyer next week, the guy is done in Cleveland. This should've been Manziel's team weeks ago.

Credit to the defence though, Leonhard, Skrine (PI apart), Robertston and Kruger played superbly. Props to Gilbert for the pick 6 too. Cannot fault the efforts of the defence.

Pettine's stubbornness has cost us a decent shot at the post season. Even if we win out it's going to be difficult now.

But if Cundiff makes that FG, we win, Hoyer continues to start
Im not going to lie to you mate, im still expecting him to go with Hoyer because we are technically still in play offs
Old 07.12.2014, 11:54 PM
All Pro

Complete shambles from the offense tonight - what happened to the run game? Looked like they could run effectively in the 1st half, but totally non existent there on in. I've been a supporter of Hoyers this season, but the last few weeks, & tonight especially, show that his confidence is shot. He was playing like a dead man walking, and had the look of someone who expects to be replaced right from the start. Terrible deep passes, poor decisions &, apart from one drive, did absolutely nothing of note to give us a chance of the win. I'm not a huge fan of Manziels - but we have to give him the nod for the rest of the season. He could give the offense the spark they really need...