2016 NFL Draft Prospects Discussion Thread - Page 8 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Old 30.11.2015, 04:22 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
Looking at the ILB class this year, if you were advising Skai Moore, would you say stay for your senior year, or take a day two drafting this year?
He isn't even mentioned on CBS, but in a poor year for SOuth Carolina he looks a rock solid prospect to me.
For a guy that is only 218lbs he would struggle to get taken higher than day two anyway. For example Telvin Smith came out at 218lbs from FSU after being very successful and only went in the 5th round despite going on to be very good for the Jags these past 2 seasons. I'd expect him to stay in school and be a mid round pick after his senior year.
Old 30.11.2015, 04:33 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris caulfield View Post
For a guy that is only 218lbs he would struggle to get taken higher than day two anyway. For example Telvin Smith came out at 218lbs from FSU after being very successful and only went in the 5th round despite going on to be very good for the Jags these past 2 seasons. I'd expect him to stay in school and be a mid round pick after his senior year.
Didn't Smith have off the field question marks too? Being a 218lbs LB ('tweener') didn't help, but I'm sure there were some other red flags too. I may be wrong.

Haven't seen much of Skai Moore tbh.
Old 30.11.2015, 05:22 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Didn't Smith have off the field question marks too? Being a 218lbs LB ('tweener') didn't help, but I'm sure there were some other red flags too. I may be wrong.

I don't remember any and a quick look at an old draft preview profile of his doesn't have anything about any either. It did mention he was only a one year starter though, but that isn't much of an issue. I haven't seen much of Moore either by the way, just using Smith as an example of how undersized LB's struggle to get drafted high regardless.
Old 30.11.2015, 07:37 PM
All Pro

Surely Moore is only going to benefit from another year.

He's reputably 6'2 and has a frame that could pack on another 15 to 20 lbs comfortably which would make him a very good size linebacker. He certainly has the potential to be bigger than Shaq Thompson who went in the 1st last time around.
Old 30.11.2015, 11:25 PM
All Pro

If you're analyzing wide receivers look no further than Pharoh Cooper. Really nice talent.
Old 30.11.2015, 11:42 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_TITAN View Post
If you're analyzing wide receivers look no further than Pharoh Cooper. Really nice talent.
I need to see a lot more tape on him (which I'm hoping will be more easily available now he has seemingly declared) but I have a few queries about him that make me a little nervous.

First is that Cooper plays the traditional X almost exclusively. In that position, he has excelled at making space for intermediate plays but has made relatively few long receptions compared to some of the other high end receivers. He has also shown a lot of inconsistency in catching sideline throws which is obviously a problem for that position. Once you take in his lack of size (again compared to other candidates) he seems more like a mid second day guy.

Perhaps he is more of a playmaker with ball in hand but I've not seen enough of that yet.
Old 01.12.2015, 12:12 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenFlyer View Post
I need to see a lot more tape on him (which I'm hoping will be more easily available now he has seemingly declared) but I have a few queries about him that make me a little nervous.

First is that Cooper plays the traditional X almost exclusively. In that position, he has excelled at making space for intermediate plays but has made relatively few long receptions compared to some of the other high end receivers. He has also shown a lot of inconsistency in catching sideline throws which is obviously a problem for that position. Once you take in his lack of size (again compared to other candidates) he seems more like a mid second day guy.

Perhaps he is more of a playmaker with ball in hand but I've not seen enough of that yet.
He's a 2nd rounder in my eyes. Would love him for Mariota.
Old 01.12.2015, 08:13 AM
MVP

Fallen - if UNC WR Jonathan Howard declares I'd be interested in your impression on where he would be a WR in the pros or a TE?
It isn't a loaded question as I often switch my opinion. At times his limitations are exposed but he is such a powerful kid I think he would be a solid TE. Then he pulls out a few worldy catches and I think you'd be wasting his talent asking him to block.
With North Carolina having such a good year there is every chance he wants to stay in school for a tilt at the final four. On the other hand he could declare while he is hot and maybe get drafted higher.
Old 01.12.2015, 08:22 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post

Think he failed his Combine drugs test.

I haven't seen Skai Moore - but I wouldn't say 218lbs is a problem - unless he just can't add any weight (most can, but some can't).
Old 01.12.2015, 08:25 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
Fallen - if UNC WR Jonathan Howard declares I'd be interested in your impression on where he would be a WR in the pros or a TE?
It isn't a loaded question as I often switch my opinion. At times his limitations are exposed but he is such a powerful kid I think he would be a solid TE. Then he pulls out a few worldy catches and I think you'd be wasting his talent asking him to block.
With North Carolina having such a good year there is every chance he wants to stay in school for a tilt at the final four. On the other hand he could declare while he is hot and maybe get drafted higher.
I didn't have him on the list I'm working on (I've watched very little tape to date - basically just as a fan until week 9 when I had a bit more time and have been going through some top 100 guys) - but I'll have a look on the weekend.