New England Patriots franchise Matt Cassel - Page 11 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 14.02.2009, 03:57 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Totally agree, its laughable that some people have said 'Johnson is done' ! He isnt at all, just he wants out of KC badly.

Corey Dillon anyone ? When NE first signed him they said there would be problems with him, he hasnt got much left and he helped NE win back to back Superbowls.

If anyone can get something out of Larry Johnson i hate to say it but Bill and the Pats can.
Dillon was still producing, Johnson is now tripe.

I'm happy with the RB's we have more than happy.
Old 14.02.2009, 09:01 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFireBlade View Post
Well look at it this way;

Wilfork has said he wants to retire a Patriot. So he'll be re-signed to a long term deal.

Watson will leave, and he's underachieved anyway, so it's not the end of the world.

Faulk will be kept as our pass-catching back. He'll only get let go if he slows down, or we get another one in FA/draft.

Hobbs is a great KR, terrible CB. I'd like him to take a pay cut and only play special teams, but it's unlikely, so he can go, too.

Neal is inconsistent. We need help on our O Line, and I'd like to see that addressed thiss offseason.

Mankins will re-sign long term.

Green performed admirably when asked to, and in 4-3 fronts, but he'll walk.

Bruschi will retire this year, I think. Next year for certain if he chooses to stay in a limited capacity.

Vrabel will retire next year.

Seymour is the interesting one. We'd like to keep him, but I have a feeling he'll try and leave. I'd not be surprised to see him tagged and traded, rather than let go free.

Gostkowski will sign long-term. I'm certain of that. He's the next Adam Vinatieri (and would be already if he'd been allowed to hit those 2 FG's in XLII that would have won it for us!)

Cassel will be traded this year.

I was sure that Harrison was out next year, too? Maybe it's the year after...but I think he'll retire this year or next. So expect a high profile FA/Draft move involving a SS. Merriweather's been great this season after a shaky rookie campaign, but we need depth, especially as I don't really rate either of the Sanders'.
Hobbs would be an ok 2nd CB, in my opinion.

Vrabel/Bruschi will both retire.

Harrison is already a FA.

Gostkowski will be here. Same with Mankins and Wilfork. Our best players in their positions.

Watson, Faulk, Seymour, Green.

Faulk will be on his way soon, but has a couple of years left in him and like Troy Brown wants to retire a Patriot.

Watson. Inconsistent catcher and cant block.

Seymour. May be a cap casualty this year if the rumours are right. But may re-sign.

Green. Lot of money invested in our 5 D-Linemen by Bill. Wouldn't shock me if Green stayed but we can live without him.

Neal is good when healthy. But, our Right side of the OL needs drastic improvement.

And for those that say Cassel isn't worth a first.

Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman. Why are these players worth a first but Cassel isn't. Someone with NFL experience. Or someone with no NFL experience and not as highly rated as QBs in the past.
Old 14.02.2009, 09:03 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruschi 54 View Post
Dillon was still producing, Johnson is now tripe.

I'm happy with the RB's we have more than happy.
Agree.

Morris, Faulk, Maroney and Green-Ellis. Heath Evans as full back. He wants to retire a Patriot according to his last statement.

If Maroney fails, he gets cut and we draft one next time.

Morris and Faulk can carry the load. Green-Ellis can gain more experience.

I reckon Laurence is close to being cut. One more injury and he is out of here.

Tags
afc east , brady , cassel , nfl , patriots