right then, thanks but no thanks... - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Denver Broncos

Old 05.01.2010, 06:14 PM
Pro

Default right then, thanks but no thanks...

mr orton you've done your best, but the only way we go forward with you, is if we build a ravens D OF 2000.

he is trent dilfer, the luckiest qb in the nfl to own a ring,the ravens D was probably one of the best of all time,if not the best when it came to points allowed, no way is nolan going to be able to build that, not with the ease that kc,oakland and the redskins run the ball on us...

so the only option is pump mr average, yes average at best..

with his horizontal passing game, 6-8 yard passes,his failure to scramble the 3-5 yards for the first when theres field in front of him,his statuesque mobility in the pocket, jesus is he a lighthouse or wearing deep sea divers boots...

or is he really in his late 40's and can't move that well anyway,when he does go vertical his passes are so off the mark, that have to be hauled in 1 handed by the receivers..
or badly overthrown as was eddie royal who was wide open,in washington, and which would've probably been a game winner for us...

his 2 minute offence, at the end of games is also dreadful, how can you have a game manager qback who needs, 7 plus minutes on the clock to lead you 80 yards for a td.
its not gonna happen people, he can't go vertical in 3 passes in hurry up offence mode.

in a nutshell to you fellow fans, do we keep orton, or draft a free agent, or pick up a rookie in the draft...

i'm in the orton out corner, thanks for what you've done kyle, you couldn't get it done in chicago, your not getting it done here..., i'd like to hear some good reasons for keeping him, this should get interesting...
Old 05.01.2010, 06:23 PM
All Pro

well to be honest i aint that bothered by orton, i dont think we should use a much needed pick on a QB when we have an adequate one, and yes adequate is all he is but i believe there are more pressing needs personally, although if shanahan wants rid of campbell.......
Old 05.01.2010, 06:27 PM
All Pro

and more importantly what option do you see as a viable replacement for orton, i dont see any viable free agents, and dont see a QB dropping to 10 in the draft
Old 05.01.2010, 06:50 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajplumplum View Post
well to be honest i aint that bothered by orton, i dont think we should use a much needed pick on a QB when we have an adequate one, and yes adequate is all he is but i believe there are more pressing needs personally, although if shanahan wants rid of campbell.......
who knows what will break.
theres cambell in washington as mentioned above,by the fella..
michael vick(hide your staffs) ,i like kolb ,is it!!! the back-up at philly,marshall won't be around i think thats a cert so he'll be used as trade bait...

also we're scouting skelton, he'll probably be 5th round in the draft, he could be worth taking as well, but one for the future...
Old 05.01.2010, 06:56 PM
All Pro

personally i think campbell has improved massively this season, but not sure shanny will get rid of him, but never say never he is FA isnt he? but other than that i dont see much going on with QB's and vick is far too high risk for mcdaniels
Old 05.01.2010, 07:02 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajplumplum View Post
personally i think campbell has improved massively this season, but not sure shanny will get rid of him, but never say never he is FA isnt he? but other than that i dont see much going on with QB's and vick is far too high risk for mcdaniels
yeah exactly, one thing with learnt about mcdaniels is that he can't handle big personalities, unfortunately the nfl doesn't breed the quiet shy unassuming types, you need that swagger to play this game, ala owens,marshall,vick,even brady can be a bit trappy at times...
Old 05.01.2010, 07:06 PM
All Pro

he handled dawkins all right, and hes a big personality, bigger than marshall, the difference is marshall never bought into his bff being traded, thats not exactly mcd's problems or mismanagement apart from the cutler saga, mcdaniels now has time to set his team who want to play in denver and not chuck their toys out
Old 05.01.2010, 07:14 PM
Pro

look the offence may not be as good as it was with cutler at QB but at the start of the season i was worried that the loss of cutler and shannan wuld result in a 16 game hangover,but we started the season 6-0 so lets give orton another season coz as much as all the broncos fans wuld love to see a tebow or another great college Qb in the draft,it isnt gawna happen with draft pick no.10,so lets give orton 1 more season to get it right coz we culd make the playoffs next year
besides if we lose marshall then we cant lose another offensive starter
Old 05.01.2010, 07:57 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoWardrope-15 View Post
love to see a tebow or another great college Qb in the draft,
There isn't one - get over it. We are luckier than we think with Orton. There is not sensible suggestion I have seen as as replacement to him. His numbers are in the top half of the NFL, he has one year into a system - I think he will be an asset.

McD has handled big personalities. There are at least a dozen personalities on the Broncos - one has caused a problem consistently - he will gone, as will Scheffler. Cutler was mircromanaged under Shanahan - something not good for an NFL QB.
Old 06.01.2010, 12:11 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABrit View Post
There isn't one - get over it. We are luckier than we think with Orton. There is not sensible suggestion I have seen as as replacement to him. His numbers are in the top half of the NFL, he has one year into a system - I think he will be an asset.

McD has handled big personalities. There are at least a dozen personalities on the Broncos - one has caused a problem consistently - he will gone, as will Scheffler. Cutler was mircromanaged under Shanahan - something not good for an NFL QB.
va, one year into a system that throws bubble screens and 6 yard passes,it can't be that complex... give brandstater or simms a few more snaps, even the've both got mobility and stronger arms, anything but kyle dilfer orton...