Anyone else happy that... - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New England Patriots

Old 18.07.2010, 10:08 PM
Team Captain

Default Anyone else happy that...

We appear to be flying under the radar.

Seem to be written off as the time has past. The window has closed. The team is ageing.

Yet there is a massive overhaul of the defense as well as an injection of youth in the Offense.

I really think that this could be one of those years where everything clicks together for us.

Jets are so far overrated it's ridiculous. Sanchez 20 interceptions. And he had training wheels on the entire season. They've weakened their Running Game. The D will be good, but all 3 AFC East teams done better when they saw the defense a second time. In fact, the Colts beat them when they saw the D a second time as well. Hernandez and Tate will be key in our matchups against them. The quick TE screen for Aaron and the fact that Tate can line up anywhere and be a playmaker will slow their D or we will hit a lot of big plays.
Old 19.07.2010, 10:46 AM
ShaneConvey

I agree, I am getting a bit sick of the Patriots being dragged through the mud. Yes we are reloading our team because we NEED to... So what! every team goes through the same thing at some point because players get old or leave. What should be considered is the following; We have Belicheck running the D this year, We have Brady under centre... speak for itself. We have re-signed Willfork (IMO an unsung hero of our defense) Moss is in his last season for us (probably) so he will be playing his socks off to get a decent contract elsewhere come the end of this season. Welker will be back. Our other WR's are coming along. Marroney says he is ready to breakout (this is our weak point, so i hope so), we have some returning pass rushers and to be fair our pass rush wasn't that bad, could have been better but we got a fair few sacks last season.

Now to the Jets, I have to agree - completely over hyped. They will be a good team as they were last season but Superbowl bound (taking into account the additions made elsewhere in the AFC) - i dont think so. The AFC east division winner will probably come down to 'Who won the Patriots V Jets games'

Am I happy about flying under the radar... Not sure. I honestly think that no team underestimates the Pats come gametime.

Last edited by ShaneConvey; 19.07.2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 24.07.2010, 08:32 AM
All Pro

Its funny how the team has got much younger but still is being classed as old. Just guess its because all our so called "superstars" are aging. Cornerback is still a worry but i'm happy with the team. I think we made some good signings this year and if the rookies can play well straight away we should be very strong. I don't think the jets will be as good as everyone says so either.
Old 24.07.2010, 09:32 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect_losers View Post
Its funny how the team has got much younger but still is being classed as old. Just guess its because all our so called "superstars" are aging. Cornerback is still a worry but i'm happy with the team. I think we made some good signings this year and if the rookies can play well straight away we should be very strong. I don't think the jets will be as good as everyone says so either.
A worry?

If you'd said unknown, I might have been inclined to agree for the most part.....but worry? Bodden was very good last year, and Butler showed flashes. Add McCourty into the mix and a (hopefully) healthy Wheatley (he is an amazingly talented young man) and it could (maybe even should) be a big strength.

It's the pass rush that worries me.

Still.
Old 24.07.2010, 11:19 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruschi 54 View Post
A worry?

If you'd said unknown, I might have been inclined to agree for the most part.....but worry? Bodden was very good last year, and Butler showed flashes. Add McCourty into the mix and a (hopefully) healthy Wheatley (he is an amazingly talented young man) and it could (maybe even should) be a big strength.

It's the pass rush that worries me.

Still.
Worry/unknown to me is same thing really. I agree Bodden was really good, glad he was re-signed, Butler does need to improve but he does look alright. What you say adds into this though, pass rush is a worry and it will leave these guys on a island at times. I still don't understand why Vrable went. Do you think Banta Cain was a one of 10 sack season last year or he can do it again?
Old 25.07.2010, 06:55 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect_losers View Post
Do you think Banta Cain was a one of 10 sack season last year or he can do it again?
Well looking at it purely from a statistical point of view I think you would have to say that Banta-Cain performed above expectations and that for him 2009 was a bit of an anomaly. In saying that though the last time he was given fairly consistent playing time, in 2007 with the 49ers and in 2006 when in his first stint as a Patriot, he recorded 3.5 and 5.5 sacks respectively so I think given the chance he’ll get sacks but probably not a double digit amount.

Tags
jets overrated douchebags , patriots