Who sould start at qb? - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Washington Redskins

Old 13.08.2011, 03:50 PM
All Pro

I was at last nights preseason game against the Steelers in DC, I was impressed with Grossman. I can't see Beck beating out Grossman in the pre-season to earn the starting job unless Grossman gets injured.

I can't believe I paid $15 for a Johnny Rockets burger and fries and the fries were cold.

Last edited by Jonny73; 13.08.2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 14.08.2011, 10:19 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny73 View Post
I was at last nights preseason game against the Steelers in DC, I was impressed with Grossman. I can't see Beck beating out Grossman in the pre-season to earn the starting job unless Grossman gets injured.

I can't believe I paid $15 for a Johnny Rockets burger and fries and the fries were cold.
That'll be the FedEx experience for ya... Fortunately, I didn't have to rely on stadium vendors when I went, so I don't know the full scale of how bad it is on that front. In future, I think I'll take advantage of the ExtremeSkins tailgate party pre-game for food needs.

By all accounts, Rex played well, but it was just one game. I'd be interested to know from you how much the Steelers tried to apply pressure during the game - were they tame by normal standards? Reports are that the O-line played a good game, but I can't imagine Dick LeBeau going all out on the blitzes during the first preseason game.
Old 14.08.2011, 04:52 PM
All Pro

I watched the game on Friday. Rex played pretty well it has to be said. The Steelers starters only played for the first couple of drives though so he was facing second and third stringers for most of the first half. I was more pleased with how well we ran the ball though. Hightower looks like an ideal fit for the scheme
Old 14.08.2011, 07:06 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_friend_goo View Post
By all accounts, Rex played well, but it was just one game. I'd be interested to know from you how much the Steelers tried to apply pressure during the game - were they tame by normal standards? Reports are that the O-line played a good game, but I can't imagine Dick LeBeau going all out on the blitzes during the first preseason game.
Pre-season is a bit misleading, the defenses are usually very vanilla so they don't give anything away for the regular season. I don't remember seeing the Steelers blitz much.

Big Ben sat down after one series, Byron Leftwich and Dennis Dixon didn't do much.

Last edited by Jonny73; 14.08.2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 15.08.2011, 11:39 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny73 View Post
Pre-season is a bit misleading, the defenses are usually very vanilla so they don't give anything away for the regular season. I don't remember seeing the Steelers blitz much.

Big Ben sat down after one series, Byron Leftwich and Dennis Dixon didn't do much.
Yep, as I expecited and for exactly the reasons you gave. It does sound like they did send more than a 4-man rush at times, but I can imagine that some of the more imaginative blitzes will be left for the regular season adn I'm sure the frequency was toned down. I'd be worried, though, if the O-line was struggling against a normal pass rush.
Old 24.08.2011, 11:53 AM
Pro Bowler

If it's close come the end of the pre-season they go with John Beck. I think they want John Beck to beat Grossman out. He has more upside for them.

Grossman knows the offensive scheme but he has mental deficiencies that will lose games. I think John Beck is a smarter player - if he can begin to grasp the offence as well as Grossman, he's the better choice.

Truth is though at my current stage of low expectations i've been impressed with both and would be happy with either
Old 26.08.2011, 07:16 PM
Starter

Im going with Beck for starter in Game one. I just get the feeling that he will get the job ahead of Rex and go from strength to strength.

Dont get me wrong I dont think hes a world beater but hes the best weve got for now

Get our running Game going and we wont have to rely on our passing Game too much so a non elete QB will get the job done for the Skins.
Old 27.08.2011, 12:57 PM
All Pro

I've said before that I believe Grossman should start but I'm pretty convinced Beck will get the nod in Week 1 now. Grossman has shown he can run the two minute drill well but he's still a little too erratic and Beck seems a little more consistent but also willing to get the ball down the field more as well as being more mobile so I think he's going to get his shot. I hope he grabs it with both hands and never looks back. I'm sick of never having a decent QB.
Old 29.08.2011, 08:31 PM
Rookie

Its got to be Beck. You know what you get with Grossman , inconsistent play.
Old 03.09.2011, 09:51 AM
All Pro

lets hope for a 0-16 season and pick up andrew luck