First time at Fedex Field - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Washington Redskins

Old 25.08.2012, 01:27 PM
All Pro

Default First time at Fedex Field

So I've finally decided to head over to watch the Redskins. I'm going to the Vikings game in October. Has anyone any tips for getting the most out of the game?

Is it worthwhile getting there early, anything to do/see before the game, what's nice to eat/drink etc?

Thanks
Old 25.08.2012, 06:55 PM
MVP

There's nothing to see and do in the immediate vicinity of the stadium, but there is tailgating.

It could be fun to walk around parking lots watching the party.

The stadium has a fan zone, but I've never done anything but tail gate so I can't speak to it.

http://www.redskins.com/fedexfield/stadium-guide.html

Last edited by Riggo; 25.08.2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 25.08.2012, 07:13 PM
All Pro

Thanks for that Riggo. I'd imagine the tailgates are private affairs held between friends/families etc. but are there are public ones or ones where strangers can just walk up and join in?
Old 26.08.2012, 08:29 AM
All Pro

There's definitely a big tailgating party held by members of extremeskins.com, the official Redskins fan forum. It's open to all and all you're expected to do is make a contribution, either to the food supplies or if you're unable to (more likely in your case), a financial one to help out. The week of every home game, there's a sticky thread for people to post what they're bringing - might be worth introducing yourself, getting an idea of what you need to contribute etc. Possibly one of the best ways to meet fellow skins fans.

Have a great time, whatever you do. I'm planning a trip for next season.
Old 26.08.2012, 10:07 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Presley View Post
So I've finally decided to head over to watch the Redskins. I'm going to the Vikings game in October. Has anyone any tips for getting the most out of the game?

Is it worthwhile getting there early, anything to do/see before the game, what's nice to eat/drink etc?

Thanks
I am heading over to DC in November to watch the Eagles game and used this guide from ExtremeSkins to help me learn the ins and outs of FedEx Field:-

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthre...out-FedExField
Old 26.08.2012, 11:12 AM
All Pro

Thanks for the heads up with Extremeskins guys. I'll definitely register and make contact with them before I go over.
Old 26.08.2012, 01:54 PM
MVP

I assume you all have accents. If you are extroverted and brave enough to just introduce yourself to strangers along the lines "ohhhh....is this one of these 'tail gate' tihngs I've read about....we don't this in my country.....what a fabulous custom...." your accent should win everyone over.

And don't worry about what kind of accent you have: All the women will think you sound like one of the royal princes. You lucky dogs!
Old 27.08.2012, 12:22 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggo View Post
And don't worry about what kind of accent you have: All the women will think you sound like one of the royal princes. You lucky dogs!
I detect possibilities for a Prince Harry-style opportunity!
Old 01.09.2012, 01:12 AM
Rookie

I really can't wait for when I go over to America to watch the Redskins. I'm there for three week and seeing one game at fed ex field but what to go to two other games at different stadiums near by. Any suggestions?
Old 01.09.2012, 07:12 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatvars View Post
I really can't wait for when I go over to America to watch the Redskins. I'm there for three week and seeing one game at fed ex field but what to go to two other games at different stadiums near by. Any suggestions?
I haven't looked at the schedule so I don't know if they're home but Baltimore is very close to DC. Philadelphia isn't too far either