Getting tickets for Skins games at fedex field - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Washington Redskins

Old 04.01.2013, 04:02 PM
Pro

Last edited by redskins1982; 04.01.2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04.01.2013, 05:21 PM
All Pro

Nice report and good picture too. You must have been one of the first in the stadium were you?
Old 04.01.2013, 07:24 PM
MVP

Thanks for those trip reports.
Old 05.01.2013, 03:22 PM
Pro

when we arrived the only part of the ground open was via the bud light area which allowed people into to the lower end zone so you could watch the early game on the big screen,

it was good to be able to get inside to see the stadium aqnd field empty!

Old 06.01.2013, 11:26 PM
Rookie

Default Cowboys vs Skins review

Our stay in washington was great but the weather was freezing particularly on game day. City was fairly quite due to holiday season - at times it felt deserted. Nearby George Town seemed to have the most going on.

What i thought was disappointing was how the redskins didn't seem to be promoted a lot in the centre of DC. I was on the hunt for plenty of skins merchandise but there were few stores in the city which sold them. I stayed fairly central - i found a nike store over in george town which seemed to be the best place however this seemed to promote both the ravens and skins farily evenly.

On game day i got the metro from Washington uni at 4.30 over to morgan boulevard which was fairly smooth - took about 30 mins or so, walk to the ground was just under a mile. Must of got to the ground by about 5.30 but even then the place was heaving.

We had a problem when we got to the ground - tickets i got emailed via ticketmaster were fine however we bought a small backpack with us with extra clothing as it was so cold. They wouldn't let us in with our bag and we had to leave it outside the stadium even though they searched it. I had to go into the store in the ground, buy some things to get a plastic bag so we could empty the contents of our bag into it and hope our bag was still outside at the end of the game.

I understand the nervousness of people carrying backpacks but i didn't see this rule advertised anywhere - just thought it was a bit over the top.

Once we got into the ground it was fine though, great stadium, atmosphere and seats. Staff were friendly. Best place to get any skins merchandise is definately the ground but the main store shop was packed even 3 hours before kick off so best to get there early.

I read some comments before i went about queue times for toilets...etc which turned out to be true but to be honest it was good just to get out of the cold!

We had a few cowboys fans around us, there was a skins fan in the row in front and he was really drunk - kept picking a fight on some cowboys fans next to us and anyone wearing a Tony Romo top. It was quite funny at times but surprised how home and away fans mix together during grudge matches like this, particularly with the amount of beer thats consumed.

Game was great, wasn't too sure which way it was going to go as the cowboys seemed to come back into the game however right team won in the end.

Managed to hot foot it back to the metro station at the end of the game and got the train back in plenty of time. Passed plenty of miserable cowboys fans who got plenty of abuse and just had to take it.

Overall it was a great experience and would definately do it again - just leave your backpack in the hotel!

Last edited by Steveb79; 06.01.2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06.01.2013, 11:42 PM
Rookie

Old 06.01.2013, 11:52 PM
Rookie

Old 29.01.2013, 02:09 PM
Rookie

I got caught with the "book bag" scenario when I went to the Skins v Bengals game in Week 3. Despite searching my bag before I went into the shop they told me I couldn't go in with it. My girlfriend stayed outside with it whilst I bought some gear inside then put the empty bag in the plastic bag I bought inside. Crazy rules that make no sense. Women can stroll in with a handbag as big as a house yet I walk in with a small rucksack and you'd think WW3 had started.
Old 29.01.2013, 05:44 PM
Pro

Nice photo's Steveb

I hope to go one day and see the Redskins at FedEx Field, but i'll have to save up because i don't think it is an cheap trip with everything (flying, game, stay in hotel)
Old 29.01.2013, 10:58 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin78 View Post
Nice photo's Steveb

I hope to go one day and see the Redskins at FedEx Field, but i'll have to save up because i don't think it is an cheap trip with everything (flying, game, stay in hotel)
While staying in Washington isn't cheap there are bargains to be had if you stay outside the city and take the metro in. After being a Redskins fan for over 25 years I finally made my first visit this season but stayed out in Arlington. It still cost a fortune when you include everything and I probably won't be able to do it again for another 20 years but it certainly was a great few days.