Best beer in UK - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 27.06.2013, 06:58 PM
MVP

Really digging Jeremiah Weed sour mash brew at the moment.
Old 27.06.2013, 07:05 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowder#52 View Post
Really digging Jeremiah Weed sour mash brew at the moment.
That is my Sunday NFL drink of choice.....tonnes of ice and the jar glass are essentials!

Old 27.06.2013, 07:07 PM
Hall of Fame

Trying this new drop tonight, from the excellent Black Sheep Brewery

Old 27.06.2013, 07:22 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavlovsDog View Post
Is anyone actual saying this here though? Seems to me like a few people are saying they actually do like lager but would prefer premium brands than the mainstream session stuff. I don't see what is wrong with that in a thread titled Best Beer in the UK.
Good point. Surprised with the amount of anti carling,fosters etc. Im learning from this thread though.

What about a new question to add to the debate; whats the best (commonly available) draught from Pubs? Will hopefully be going tomorrow so will try out some new ones
Old 28.06.2013, 08:03 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manveer1 View Post
Good point. Surprised with the amount of anti carling,fosters etc. Im learning from this thread though.

What about a new question to add to the debate; whats the best (commonly available) draught from Pubs? Will hopefully be going tomorrow so will try out some new ones
I'm certainly not anti-lager and I can't stand CAMRA types that frown on ANYTHING thats not cask-conditioned. There's some decent lager and ale from the likes of Meantime, London thats not cask-conditioned and its miles better than the generic offerings from Marstons et al (IMO).

Back to lager though, as soon as you've tried the authentic premium brands of lager brewed in their own countries and imported there's no going back to the likes of UK Carling and Fosters. A lot of the mainstream lagers here may have fancy foreign names and marketing but are brewed cheaply in vast factories over here and at reduced ABV's. They are 9 times of 10 watered down versions of what you can get on the continent. Carlsberg drunk in Denmark, Stella drunk in Belgium are far better than what you buy here. Anyone who remembers the abysmal UK brewed Heinkeen at a laughable 3.8% will agree with me. At least they had sense to return the brewing to Holland and give UK drinkers the geniune stuff.

Still beer, like everything, is subjective and if you enjoy a UK brewed Carlsberg then fair play to you.
Old 28.06.2013, 08:49 AM
Team Captain

Mostly drink Bud will drink fosters or carlsberg if there is no decent drafts on but have started trying diffrent beers when going to the supermarket.

like a few German and Czech ones ive tried cant think of there names but the one i really want to get hold of is one i had in my local bierkeller in the big Stiens it was really nice and stayed fresh right till the end if anyone has a clue as to what it is it would be much appriciated

Edit: just found a menu could be one of three

Last edited by Liverpool Raven; 28.06.2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 28.06.2013, 08:56 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool Raven View Post
Mostly drink Bud will drink fosters or carlsberg if there is no decent drafts on but have started trying diffrent beers when going to the supermarket.

like a few German and Czech ones ive tried cant think of there names but the one i really want to get hold of is one i had in my local bierkeller in the big Stiens it was really nice and stayed fresh right till the end if anyone has a clue as to what it is it would be much appriciated
You'll need to reveal the name of the bierkeller at least as it could be a number of ones. Was it in Germany itself?

Munich is the place to go for kellerbier!
Old 28.06.2013, 09:28 AM
All Pro

Carlsberg is constantly said to be the worst lager out there, according to people I've talked to. I can't tell the difference really between the huge Lager brands. Apart from Stella which is the one with something about it.

'Would you like a pint of Carling, Fosters, Carslberg, Bud or Coors?' .......Ummmm, any?.
Old 28.06.2013, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsieur Moose View Post
Carlsberg is constantly said to be the worst lager out there, according to people I've talked to. I can't tell the difference really between the huge Lager brands. Apart from Stella which is the one with something about it.

'Would you like a pint of Carling, Fosters, Carslberg, Bud or Coors?' .......Ummmm, any?.
I like draught bud, not a huge fan of the bottled stuff though
Old 28.06.2013, 10:15 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manveer1 View Post

I like Kronenberg as a standard commonly available draught pint and the Becks Vier is decent. Never been able to abide Carling and especially San Miguel.

Tags
lager>ale