Texans fans at NFL Wembley - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Houston Texans

Old 01.11.2009, 01:22 PM
Rookie

Default Hi

Hello

I was there with my shirt!!! so 6 of us...

Big game today

P.S, I`ve been to Reliant Stadium - amazing. Just cannot see them coming to UK just yet....
Old 01.11.2009, 06:29 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamRich85 View Post

Hello

I was there with my shirt!!! so 6 of us...

Big game today

P.S, I`ve been to Reliant Stadium - amazing. Just cannot see them coming to UK just yet....
I would love to go to Reliant Stadium. I heard it is one of the best Stadiums in the NFL. I hope to go some day soon

What are the fans like at the game?
Old 01.11.2009, 10:57 PM
Rookie

Best in the NFL!

Playoff atmosphere no matter what record we have, as well as cracking tailgates. Houston was officially rated the best tailgate city by the tailgating commissioner this year.

The fans are also very receptive to English visitors as I found on on both of my visits!

I personally like being part of our exclusive little club, rather than be a fan of a team like the patriots whose fanbase is filled with jolly come latelys and prawn sandwhich eaters!

How many Texans fans do you reckon there are in the UK?

Last edited by seantheprawn; 01.11.2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02.11.2009, 08:35 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by seantheprawn View Post
Best in the NFL!

Playoff atmosphere no matter what record we have, as well as cracking tailgates. Houston was officially rated the best tailgate city by the tailgating commissioner this year.

The fans are also very receptive to English visitors as I found on on both of my visits!

I personally like being part of our exclusive little club, rather than be a fan of a team like the patriots whose fanbase is filled with jolly come latelys and prawn sandwhich eaters!

How many Texans fans do you reckon there are in the UK?
Cheers for the feedback on Reliant Stadium and the Texans fans. I can't wait to go someday soon. With a baby on the way I think I might have to wait a few Years though.

Glad the Texans like the English. Thats always good.

In termsa of fans in the UK. I think NFLUK said there are about 1,000 registered with the site but I think in terms of active members there are about 10 of us. We are definatley have one of the smaller fanbases compared to the other teams on the site.
Old 02.11.2009, 10:00 AM
Pro

Been to Houston twice, the first time was for the Superbowl and the other was to see Green Bay on a Monday night game a few years back, have to say Houston is a great city, and the fans were fantastic.

Only place i can say i have been that is better has to be Tampa, i just love Tampa (not the team) but the tailgaiting and the stadium.
Old 02.11.2009, 01:55 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopy7 View Post
Been to Houston twice, the first time was for the Superbowl and the other was to see Green Bay on a Monday night game a few years back, have to say Houston is a great city, and the fans were fantastic.

Only place i can say i have been that is better has to be Tampa, i just love Tampa (not the team) but the tailgaiting and the stadium.
I have been to Tampa a couple of times and it is great there for a holiday and for watching sports. Nice Beaches and easy to get around the place.

I cant wait to go to Houston someday though.
Old 02.11.2009, 05:54 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTaylor View Post
Cheers for the feedback on Reliant Stadium and the Texans fans. I can't wait to go someday soon. With a baby on the way I think I might have to wait a few Years though.

Glad the Texans like the English. Thats always good.

In termsa of fans in the UK. I think NFLUK said there are about 1,000 registered with the site but I think in terms of active members there are about 10 of us. We are definatley have one of the smaller fanbases compared to the other teams on the site.
I love being part of this exclusive little club and also no-one can ever accuse us of being glory hunters!
I have been to Reliant for the Houston Rodeo (which is great fun in itself) and the stadium was really good with a great view and really good amenities and was one of the things that made me support this team. I can't wait to get there for a Texans game some day.
If we make the playoffs this year (assuming we get a wild card and will be away) the wife might have to wait for the new kitchen...
Old 02.11.2009, 08:56 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by themightycheets View Post
I love being part of this exclusive little club and also no-one can ever accuse us of being glory hunters!
I have been to Reliant for the Houston Rodeo (which is great fun in itself) and the stadium was really good with a great view and really good amenities and was one of the things that made me support this team. I can't wait to get there for a Texans game some day.
If we make the playoffs this year (assuming we get a wild card and will be away) the wife might have to wait for the new kitchen...
I might join you there on that one mate.

Having our first Baby in May so last chance of freedom before me and the wife are stuck at home for a while.

I will have not chance of seeing them play for a few Years unless it is at Wembley.
Old 03.11.2009, 09:41 AM
Pro

Congratulations! Both of my sons were born in May (now 2 and half and a half), so a good month to have babies! Both will be kitted out in some texans gear this sunday pm! Playoff trip would be awesome.
Old 03.11.2009, 02:19 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by themightycheets View Post
Congratulations! Both of my sons were born in May (now 2 and half and a half), so a good month to have babies! Both will be kitted out in some texans gear this sunday pm! Playoff trip would be awesome.
Thanks. Congrats on the 2 kids. Glad to see they are also Texans fans.

I think I will buy my kid a Toro Mascot so they get into supporting the Texans from day 1. My wife has insisted they support Tottenham for football though. Poor child.