Wildcard. Seahawks @ Cowboys. - Page 5 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Old 06.01.2019, 04:26 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Words fail me.
Words fail me again..... But in a good way.
Old 06.01.2019, 04:28 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Words fail me again..... But in a good way.

they fail me in the worst way
Old 06.01.2019, 04:57 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
well it was a good game and then the refs decided to call everything for one side after letting pretty much everything go, it became pretty facial.

The Seahawks DBs under Carroll have, for years, been very hands on, working on the assumption that the refs won't want to keep throwing flags. But if you play with fire, Pete, then sometimes you get burned! I thought both of the flags on the third downs were fair enough. And you could also argue that the KJ Wright interception could've been flagged as well.

The better team won and, if it wasn't for the Cowboys being the Cowboys, it coulda/woulda/shoulda been more comfortable.

Barring a couple of lapses, on long completions to Lockett, I thought the defence did well again; particularly impressive to shut down the much vaunted Seattle run game. I just wish that, as Jeff Reinebold and the others on Sky Sports were saying, Dallas would feed Elliott even more.

Last edited by Lenny_Baryea; 06.01.2019 at 05:04 AM.
Old 06.01.2019, 05:32 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny_Baryea View Post

The Seahawks DBs under Carroll have, for years, been very hands on, working on the assumption that the refs won't want to keep throwing flags. But if you play with fire, Pete, then sometimes you get burned! I thought both of the flags on the third downs were fair enough. And you could also argue that the KJ Wright interception could've been flagged as well.

The better team won and, if it wasn't for the Cowboys being the Cowboys, it coulda/woulda/shoulda been more comfortable.

Barring a couple of lapses, on long completions to Lockett, I thought the defence did well again; particularly impressive to shut down the much vaunted Seattle run game. I just wish that, as Jeff Reinebold and the others on Sky Sports were saying, Dallas would feed Elliott even more.

for me in the game there was 1 big penalty miss and that was the facemask on Wilson.

i'm not saying those werent penalties, i'm saying that the refs werent calling that on either side then after the pick they just threw flag after flag for 1 side. not only the passing defence calls but holding (worse than that were not calling before and after.) if they had been calling it that tight from the start i would of let it lie as it would of been consistent.

i think it was a very close game and tough to say either side were that much better than the other. i think you guys called a better game than they did but they overall made the better quality plays.

you both missed long field goals and there was only that one turnover, so its not like you were fluffing your lines, it was just a tight contest.
Old 06.01.2019, 08:40 AM
Pro Bowler

Brian Schottenheimer is a fraud, and the NFL needs to do something about onside kicks...
Old 06.01.2019, 09:23 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
for me in the game there was 1 big penalty miss and that was the facemask on Wilson.

i'm not saying those werent penalties, i'm saying that the refs werent calling that on either side then after the pick they just threw flag after flag for 1 side. not only the passing defence calls but holding (worse than that were not calling before and after.) if they had been calling it that tight from the start i would of let it lie as it would of been consistent.
There was a face mask on Elliott that was missed as well.

One of the things that I don't like about the NFL is some of the seemingly nonsensical rules (e.g. what constitutes a catch) and the way that the refs can influence a game by inconsistent application. That said, I don't feel that this was a game decided by those wearing stripes. But maybe I'm being biased.

Janikowski's injury was a factor, so there's a debate to be had, I suppose, about active roster sizes on game day. I'd also like to know whether they were right in the Sky Sports studio about Dak gettaway with a clear intentional grounding in the end zone. That didn't seem to be mentioned by Buck or Aikman. Oh well!
Old 06.01.2019, 11:14 AM
MVP

Cant believe we won a Playoff game. This is a strange feeling.

Roll on next week!
Old 06.01.2019, 11:25 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_chicane View Post
Cant believe we won a Playoff game. This is a strange feeling.

Roll on next week!
Lucky you, I can't even remember our last one.
Old 06.01.2019, 04:57 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny_Baryea View Post
There was a face mask on Elliott that was missed as well.

One of the things that I don't like about the NFL is some of the seemingly nonsensical rules (e.g. what constitutes a catch) and the way that the refs can influence a game by inconsistent application. That said, I don't feel that this was a game decided by those wearing stripes. But maybe I'm being biased.

Janikowski's injury was a factor, so there's a debate to be had, I suppose, about active roster sizes on game day. I'd also like to know whether they were right in the Sky Sports studio about Dak gettaway with a clear intentional grounding in the end zone. That didn't seem to be mentioned by Buck or Aikman. Oh well!

i dont think there was a replay of the Zeke one, which for me was telling given the way the Fox coverage was focused.

the grounding was too gray for me to moan about, i thought it was at the time but an argument could be made to say he was or wasnt in the area.

yeah the kicker getting hurt was an issue but they mostly coped, if they had a better onside kick (at the time the rule of no run ups was changed i knew they would suffer given how hard they are anyway) and recover, it could of been costly.

its just the way the yellow started flying, first on the Seahawks drive and then on the two 3rds downs that felt inconsistent based on the way the game had been called before that. i think even at the end (and why i called it a tad one sided) was the missed holding i think the play before Dak ran.

without that yellow theres no way to know what would of happened but it would of been a 1 score game and Seattle had the ball with good time left.
Old 06.01.2019, 05:43 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinTheAardvark View Post
Brian Schottenheimer is a fraud, and the NFL needs to do something about onside kicks...
Chris Carson 13 runs for 20 yards but Penny only had 4 runs but averaged over 7 yards per carry.

with the onside kicks once they changed the rules again in the off-season it meant that the onside would become even more a long shot and unless the player pretty much drops an easy ball these days a recovery is almost impossible.