What Grinds Your Gears - Page 440 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 12.07.2013, 05:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjones178@hotmail.co.uk View Post
Don't understand packed lunches really. Unless your child has allergies or something.

What a faff. Making up sandwiches and stuff every night. Are they cheaper than school dinners? Is that what it is?
Most kids in the states...at least in my experience do the sack lunch...unless you're poor...the school lunches are cheaper and mostly included.

I feel for the kids having to eat that nasty cafeteria food where ketchup is the vegetable and pizza is some bread mass in a piece of tin foil with old cheese steamed onto it.
Old 12.07.2013, 06:55 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev macca View Post
schools do not offer decent food at all my sons school offers burgers pizzas cakes pop baguettes there is a few limited options that are healthy this is due to the kids having no interest in them so they tend not to provide many. packed lunches are much cheaper than school dinners primary school you are looking at forty pound a month for dinners. yet again this govt prove how out of touch they are.
My kids' primary school offers excellent value healthy meals. Salad option every day, chips only once a week (fishy friday), burgers and pizza only on rare instances. That said, packed lunches are cheaper and no government is going to tell me I have to buy school lunches.
Old 12.07.2013, 08:12 PM
All Pro

My inability to keep to a diet on the weekend grinds my gears.
Old 12.07.2013, 08:51 PM
Hall of Fame

That I have to re-activate my facebook account!
Old 12.07.2013, 09:14 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman12 View Post
That I have to re-activate my facebook account!
You have friends?
Old 12.07.2013, 09:21 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Patriot View Post
You have friends?
Internet douchebag thinks no one could be my friend, I am so offended. (Sarcasm)

Last edited by Packman12; 12.07.2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12.07.2013, 10:08 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
You dont have kids - do you?

I have 4 and the cost of a school dinner for 2 of my kids would be 2.30 per day and for the other 2 it would be 2.15 each per day. This means I would be paying 44.50 per week on school meals or if you prefer 1,733.50 per school year.

It is most definately cheaper to do a packed lunch consisting of a sandwich, yogurt, piece of fruit, a mini babybel or similar as well as a cereal bar and crisps with a flask or bottle of juice.

I can buy 2 loafs of Kingsmill for 2.00
fruit for maybe 12p a banana or a bag of 8 apples of 1.60 Asda
cereal bars x 9 for a quid Poundland or local supermarket
6 yogurts for 42p Asda
crisps usually about a quid for 6 packs Asda
ham family pack 2 for 3.00 at Asda to last about a week between all of us

so I guess in real terms it would cost about 80p up to a quid a day per child when you break it down pro rata. A lot cheaper I think you will agree.
Wouldnt it be cheaper just to give them a couple of loaves and a fish, that would last all year wouldnt it
Old 12.07.2013, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
Wouldnt it be cheaper just to give them a couple of loaves and a fish, that would last all year wouldnt it
Hahahahahaha!
Old 12.07.2013, 10:53 PM
MVP

School dinners were ace at my old primary.

Depending on tactical considerations I'd get seconds if I could. If it was raining then we couldn't play outside at lunch-time so there was no rush. If it was sunny then the race was on to get the good fitba goals... ye had to dispense with the luxury of chewing - tactics again; soup or stew if possible - and of seconds. Missing out on another plate of strawberry custard was a high price to pay for a good game of fitba.

Anyway...

The local fish shop being closed on Mondays grinds my gears. The lack of a butcher in my town grinds my gears. Farm shops going all yuppie - going after the oil-wife with too much of her hubbie's money to spend with her white 4x4 and her faux-country fashion and probably some cliched barn conversion... breathe, boab, breathe.

Whatever happened to farms that'd have crates of earth covered tatties, neeps, ingins, a puckly wee cubbages... wee tubs o' berries... oooh: fresh peas.

Sigh.

What self-respecting farm shop has vapour packed "Aberdeen Angus Fillet Steak" for £17 a pack?

Harrumph. A romantic, misty-eyed trek to my Grandad's old farm was ruined by "progress".

I was like Chuck Heston on Manhattan beach at the end of Planet of the Apes. Staring at the ruins of my Grandad's old lady damning them all to hell.
Old 13.07.2013, 08:35 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
Sounds risky! Next they'll be turning the water jug in to wine & it'll be binge-drinking at break time!