Thoughts on this season...and where next... - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04.01.2013, 10:19 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_E_V_ View Post
I'm not comparing Romo to them. I'm pointing out that, that's how other people do it. They want to go to the playoffs and clamor for an elite QB who can take them there, like that's all it takes.

I heard a stat yesterday that said that in every game of the season, Dallas were trailing the game... Only Oakland and KC had a worse % when it comes to being behind in a game.

Is Romo elite? No. But, he is very good.

For all the people wanting Romo out, how would it be done? You get rid of Romo and then what?

It's not as easy as it sounds to get a good QB.
I agree that there is, in fact, no point in ridding the team of romo this offseason. There aren't any qbs screaming out to be taken, unless they fall to a sensible position, in the draft; and there won't be anybody better than romo cropping up in free agency.

I don't think too many are as naive as to think that an elite qb is all that it takes. if you have one though, you can carry a team some distance further than you can by having an elite player in any other position. I think its equally naive to think that putting in a stronger O line is suddenly going to allow romo to do a great deal more. the majority of his mistakes that he is criticized for are made when hes not under pressure at all. romo is a good qb, yes, but hes not a consistent clutch quarterback - and that is what is costing the cowboys just as dearly as the terrible offensive line. unfortunately nothing can be done about it for at least a year.