NBA Thread - Page 198 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 09.07.2010, 04:30 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by denrza View Post
Not really, LBJ has gone from a local hero and promising to win the home town a ring to a big headed prick with no class. You could see by the fact that he had a whole hour dedicated to him slapping the Cavs in the face going back on so many so called promises and go help another person win a title. He's had turned his back on a city that did so much for so long to help hype him up and give his name to just pretty much tell them he thinks there nothing.

I in general like the note that Dan Gilbert came out with, it obviously shows that LeBron has lied to them in negotiation talks and it is a rallying cry to get the fans behind the team and forget James. I personally like it an I am glad and really hope that there is a new found hope and desire for the Cavs.

I'm also not too sure that the Heat will win anything, I say this because they have 3 players with massive egos and I know that there will be trouble ahead.
Sorry but that crap!
LeBron owes Cleveland NOTHING....without LeBron the Cavaliers as a franchise remain anonymous, he has at least made them relevant.
Whilst I don't agree with LeBrons final decision, I defend his right to make it and in fairness to the guy he has taken less money to go to Miami.

The Cavs have only themselves to blame, they mis-managed their cap space trying to win with LeBron and now didn't have anything to persuade him to stay.

I still say New York would've been better but thats up to LeBron..........if he'd have been a draft bust, would anyone have batted an eyelid if they cut him, no. So why should we feel sorry for the Cavs now LeBron has decided to go elsewhere
Old 09.07.2010, 04:57 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryt View Post
The Cavs owners has showed less than no class there, and his guarantee to win an NBA championship before LeBron is a foolish one because the Heat will automatically be one of the favourites to get to the finals next year now.
No, the classless act was from the guy who went on National TV to pretty much take a dump on his hometown, the Cavs fans and all who put so much faith in him.

The was the single most twisted thing I may have ever seen an athlete do through the media. What a complete tool. 1 hour special for "the decision"? It's so arrogant it's unbelievable.

0 Rings, 0 and this guy has a 1 hour special devoted to a FA move. Then uses it to crush the hearts of all those who followed him.

Fair play to Dan Gilbert.
Old 09.07.2010, 08:07 PM
MVP

Send a message via MSN to falcon_91

"I don't want to go ring-chasing, as I call it; you know, going to a team that's already pretty established and trying to win a ring with them. I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion. And I feel like we're on our way."

I said this in 2006, who am i?
Old 09.07.2010, 09:02 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryt View Post
Sorry but that crap!
LeBron owes Cleveland NOTHING....without LeBron the Cavaliers as a franchise remain anonymous, he has at least made them relevant.
Whilst I don't agree with LeBrons final decision, I defend his right to make it and in fairness to the guy he has taken less money to go to Miami.

The Cavs have only themselves to blame, they mis-managed their cap space trying to win with LeBron and now didn't have anything to persuade him to stay.

I still say New York would've been better but thats up to LeBron..........if he'd have been a draft bust, would anyone have batted an eyelid if they cut him, no. So why should we feel sorry for the Cavs now LeBron has decided to go elsewhere
Wait the fans in Cleveland gave him everything. The fans going out into the games after he got drafted and helping to boost both LeBrons and the Cavs rep is a part of helping James get his star status. Had the Fans stayed away you really thing Lebron would have the fan base he has now?

He was a hero to them being a local boy and saying that he would help the Cavs get the ring as he was a "fan" and then to go on National TV and kick them to the curb like he did is wrong. Yes the cap situation was messed up problem is that they were so close to getting that ring as his team, now he is going to Miami to become Wade's *****.

The way he left was a ***** move
Old 10.07.2010, 06:17 AM
Pro Bowler

What a team the Heat will have next year,
Dan Gilbert's statement was comedy genius.
Old 10.07.2010, 06:18 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellinter1 View Post
Posted that 11 days ago. I put a little more on at 9/1 a few days ago.
You think I can spend my money now?
Go spend now, They are currently 3/1 with Ladbrokes who also
go 1/5 the field.
Old 11.07.2010, 11:46 AM
Starter

Can you blame LBJ for leaving Cleveland ? No. Hes a winner and he abviously want to win and thats not going to happen at the Cavs. And that idiot owner opening his mouth proves the he made the right move by leaving.

Just adds to the commical value as Cleveland as a sporting city. You had 5 years with Lebron and could do a thing!!
Old 11.07.2010, 12:09 PM
Pro Bowler

It would be the same as Steven Gerrard going on TV to say he's joining Chelsea to win the league, it would be a **** house move and he would be hated for it.

Last edited by Cornishman32; 13.07.2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Language
Old 13.07.2010, 02:26 AM
Pro Bowler

I hope the Knicks get CP3 and Carmelo next year to join Amare.

Then it'll be NY's Big 3 vs. Miami's big 3 for control of the East. Sadly, Boston's big 3 are definitely finished after this year.

It'd be awesome having 3 "big 3" teams in the East.
Old 13.07.2010, 08:50 PM
All Pro

Udonis Haslem has resigned with the heat as well as Zydrunas Ilgauskas joining from Cleveland.