NBA Thread - Page 204 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

  #2031  
Old 08.11.2010, 12:49 AM
Goodfry's Avatar
Goodfry Goodfry is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 22.06.2009
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks Jets View Post
The Bulls are playing well. The Knicks would have beaten most teams last night the way they were knocking down 3's.

Also, Rose is very much verging on elite. I'd put him on the top 10 players in the league, he's amazing.

12 guys i would rather have for my franchise this season.

1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. D. Howard
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwyane Wade
6. Durant
7. Deron Williams
8. Rajon Rondo
9. Nowitzki
10.Tim Duncan
11.Pau Gasol
12.Carmelo Anthony

Rose is good but there is a lot of talent around the NBA having a border line top 10 talent won't make the Bulls a powerhouse. No disrespect to Rose but him and an often injured Boozer as a Combo aren't going to be able to keep up with top teams. The Bulls problem is what the East has become with the Celtic, Heat, Magic all stacked and the Hawks competitive. Bulls still look like a 42-42 win team.
Reply With Quote
  #2032  
Old 09.11.2010, 07:25 PM
wuds100's Avatar
wuds100 wuds100 is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 10.11.2006
Posts: 916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfry View Post
12 guys i would rather have for my franchise this season.

1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. D. Howard
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwyane Wade
6. Durant
7. Deron Williams
8. Rajon Rondo
9. Nowitzki
10.Tim Duncan
11.Pau Gasol
12.Carmelo Anthony

Rose is good but there is a lot of talent around the NBA having a border line top 10 talent won't make the Bulls a powerhouse. No disrespect to Rose but him and an often injured Boozer as a Combo aren't going to be able to keep up with top teams. The Bulls problem is what the East has become with the Celtic, Heat, Magic all stacked and the Hawks competitive. Bulls still look like a 42-42 win team.
On your list I would swap 4 with 6 and 7 with 9,
I think Rose will be on that list by next year in what is becoming a PG
league and if he develops a 3pt shot then he could be unstoppable like
the superstar 3s in the league.
Reply With Quote
  #2033  
Old 10.11.2010, 01:15 PM
Goodfry's Avatar
Goodfry Goodfry is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 22.06.2009
Posts: 5,792
Default

Love it the Jazz go into Miami and beat the Heat in over time. Paul Millsap is beasting this season him and Deron Williams and doing their best to live up to pick and roll combo of Malone and Stockton. Utah have a great chance of being the 2# seed.
Reply With Quote
  #2034  
Old 10.11.2010, 01:26 PM
Goodfry's Avatar
Goodfry Goodfry is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 22.06.2009
Posts: 5,792
Default

Is there a point where people admit the roster the Cavs had wasn't as bad as advertised when Lebron was there?

You don't get to be a top seeded team with one player alone. It didn't get the end result but the Cavs made moves while he was there and many of those players are showing how good they are now the Lebron is gone. It's a deep team who now don't have to depend on one player. It's a no star team and that can just ball. There winning record is well deserved they have a fair shot and making the playoffs.
Reply With Quote
  #2035  
Old 10.11.2010, 11:06 PM
Philly86's Avatar
Philly86 Philly86 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.10.2008
Posts: 2,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfry View Post
Love it the Jazz go into Miami and beat the Heat in over time. Paul Millsap is beasting this season him and Deron Williams and doing their best to live up to pick and roll combo of Malone and Stockton. Utah have a great chance of being the 2# seed.
Unforgivable. To be up by 23 points and blow it. Will teach the heat to respect every team they play.
Reply With Quote
  #2036  
Old 11.11.2010, 11:49 PM
Goodfry's Avatar
Goodfry Goodfry is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 22.06.2009
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz_eagles2k8 View Post
Unforgivable. To be up by 23 points and blow it. Will teach the heat to respect every team they play.
Watched half the Utah Magic game. Coming back from 18 down to beat the Magic was as good as it gets after the Heat game. Deron Williams is up there with the best in the NFL right now. He is running a very good offence doesn't matter who plays forward if Williams is passing his team is scoring.
Reply With Quote
  #2037  
Old 12.11.2010, 09:47 PM
Cornishman32's Avatar
Cornishman32 Cornishman32 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 19.10.2005
Posts: 18,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfry View Post
Watched half the Utah Magic game. Coming back from 18 down to beat the Magic was as good as it gets after the Heat game. Deron Williams is up there with the best in the NFL right now. He is running a very good offence doesn't matter who plays forward if Williams is passing his team is scoring.
That was very, very impressive that they went into Miami and defeated the Heat the way they did... and then to come back the very next night and go on the road again and have a big comeback against another top Eastern team. Great stuff from the Jazz. Williams was really impressive.
Reply With Quote
  #2038  
Old 13.11.2010, 03:13 PM
Philly86's Avatar
Philly86 Philly86 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.10.2008
Posts: 2,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
That was very, very impressive that they went into Miami and defeated the Heat the way they did... and then to come back the very next night and go on the road again and have a big comeback against another top Eastern team. Great stuff from the Jazz. Williams was really impressive.
To add to that they go and defeat the Atlanta Hawks as well. Impressive.
Reply With Quote
  #2039  
Old 13.11.2010, 03:16 PM
jackster608's Avatar
jackster608 jackster608 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 21.10.2007
Posts: 1,412
Default

So no matter how amazing the Jazz have been, they have had to play 3 of the top 4 teams in the Eastern conference in 4 nights? The schedule makers must not have liked the Jazz very much!
Reply With Quote
  #2040  
Old 13.11.2010, 03:17 PM
Philly86's Avatar
Philly86 Philly86 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.10.2008
Posts: 2,084
Default

Just got done watching the celtics game. You know its a messed up game when Udonis Haslem gets a double double and Wade goes 2 for 12 for 8 damn points. Lebron carried the team yet again.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 11:37 AM.