NBA Thread - Page 206 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 16.11.2010, 07:55 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz_eagles2k8 View Post
PG is their achilles heel. Chris Paul destroyed Arroyo.
Against the Celtics, the Heat tried putting James on Rondo for a little while, which Rondo said was the defender he feared most. But that left nobody good enough to cover Pierce/Allen so they scored loads. Against the Hornets, who don't have many good players, I am sure they could rotate Wade or James onto Paul.
Old 16.11.2010, 06:07 PM
MVP

The crazy thing is the Heat could have kept Micheal Beasley and got similar or even better production than Bosh is getting while had cap space to add some quality depth. Agreed on Mike Miller he is vital to the succes of this franchise.
Old 18.11.2010, 01:02 AM
Starter

According to my guide poker is on ESPN right now but really it's the Heat - Suns. Bosh is lighting it up.
Old 18.11.2010, 06:23 PM
Pro Bowler

The way I see the Heat going is that they will be up and down
during the regular season but will be a different proposition in the playoffs.
Old 19.11.2010, 02:46 PM
All Pro

Hey guys

I have recently taken an interest in the NBA, because I am going to see the Raptors Nets game at the 02 Arena next year

I am trying to get more into the sport, and so far have chosen Chicago Bulls as my team because of Luol Deng.

I'm trying to learn a bit more about the game and players, when i first took an interest in the NFL, i bought a madden NFL 05, and i learnt the rules, players and teams to the basics from that

This maybe should have been in the computer games forum, but i thought i'd get a better answer in the NBA topic here...
Which is the best NBA game for me to buy? NBA 2K11? or will there be another NBA Live or something else better?
Old 19.11.2010, 07:10 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Jay_28 View Post
Hey guys

I have recently taken an interest in the NBA, because I am going to see the Raptors Nets game at the 02 Arena next year

I am trying to get more into the sport, and so far have chosen Chicago Bulls as my team because of Luol Deng.

I'm trying to learn a bit more about the game and players, when i first took an interest in the NFL, i bought a madden NFL 05, and i learnt the rules, players and teams to the basics from that

This maybe should have been in the computer games forum, but i thought i'd get a better answer in the NBA topic here...
Which is the best NBA game for me to buy? NBA 2K11? or will there be another NBA Live or something else better?
NBA2k11 is the best nba game ever made. The Nba live games are god awful. How people favour them over the 2k games I will never know.
Old 19.11.2010, 07:10 PM
All Pro

Nba live 11 has been cancelled. Sums it up.
Old 19.11.2010, 07:49 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Hey guys

Yes, get NBA 2K11. Play a franchise as the Bulls so you get used to the players and how they play/what they are good at etc. If you play the whole 82 game season with at least 8 mins a quarter, then you should get a good feel of every other team and learn player names, what the different positions are and who is good. Although it is not the best way to learn the other players and teams, I learnt a lot about the NFL and NBA from just playing the video games, and of course research on the internet.

The Bulls are a good team, and have had one of the better histories of the NBA due to having Michael Jordan for the most part of 15 years. They have a Point Guard called Derrick Rose who is an amazing and exciting player to watch.

My final point is, if you want to understand the finer aspects of the game (basically the fundamentals and not the dunking) go to a website called NBAplaybook and it explains things such as pick and rolls, screens, how teams are successful through the use of video and informative writing. Good luck with getting into the NBA, it is one of the best leagues to follow, 1,230 matches over 6 months, and then the playoffs!
Old 19.11.2010, 11:26 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackster608 View Post
Yes, get NBA 2K11. Play a franchise as the Bulls so you get used to the players and how they play/what they are good at etc. If you play the whole 82 game season with at least 8 mins a quarter, then you should get a good feel of every other team and learn player names, what the different positions are and who is good. Although it is not the best way to learn the other players and teams, I learnt a lot about the NFL and NBA from just playing the video games, and of course research on the internet.

The Bulls are a good team, and have had one of the better histories of the NBA due to having Michael Jordan for the most part of 15 years. They have a Point Guard called Derrick Rose who is an amazing and exciting player to watch.

My final point is, if you want to understand the finer aspects of the game (basically the fundamentals and not the dunking) go to a website called NBAplaybook and it explains things such as pick and rolls, screens, how teams are successful through the use of video and informative writing. Good luck with getting into the NBA, it is one of the best leagues to follow, 1,230 matches over 6 months, and then the playoffs!
Cheers for the info, I'm gonna order NBA 2K11 thanks to yours and adz_eagles2k8 advice.

I'm going to learn this game similar to how I learnt the NFL

Playing NBA 2K11, Watching plenty of games, asking my friends who know a bit and doing a bit of reading online. I have been reading up a bit on Chicago Bulls history and current team. And have heard plenty about this Derrick Rose fella. I'll check out NBAplaybook aswell. Thanks
Old 19.11.2010, 11:55 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Cheers for the info, I'm gonna order NBA 2K11 thanks to yours and adz_eagles2k8 advice.

I'm going to learn this game similar to how I learnt the NFL

Playing NBA 2K11, Watching plenty of games, asking my friends who know a bit and doing a bit of reading online. I have been reading up a bit on Chicago Bulls history and current team. And have heard plenty about this Derrick Rose fella. I'll check out NBAplaybook aswell. Thanks
ive got nba 2k11, its really really good definitely worth the money, you will love it