NBA Thread - Page 212 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

  #2111  
Old 28.12.2010, 08:53 PM
Goodfry's Avatar
Goodfry Goodfry is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 22.06.2009
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancashire Bengal View Post
5 wins in a row for the Houston Rockets now after a big 4th quarter carried them past the Washington Wizards for a 100-93 win. Houston are now unbeaten in 8 at home and are 15-15 for the season.

Next up is the Miami Heat at the Toyota Center. Houston are an improving side but I feel that the "Superfriends" may have a bit too much. The Heat looked great on Christmas Day at LA. Shane Battier and the Rockets team will have their hands full.
Rumours Yao will be on the market seems like the right move to make if Houston can find a taker. Like the Wizards they need to blow up this team and start again. Houston seem too much in limbo between youth and experience.
Reply With Quote
  #2112  
Old 30.12.2010, 06:04 PM
Lancashire Bengal's Avatar
Lancashire Bengal Lancashire Bengal is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 10.09.2010
Posts: 1,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfry View Post
Rumours Yao will be on the market seems like the right move to make if Houston can find a taker. Like the Wizards they need to blow up this team and start again. Houston seem too much in limbo between youth and experience.
It will be strange seeing Yao in a different uniform but he can't stay fit which is sad to see. It might be time for Houston to move on.

A tough loss at home to Miami last night. We did not play too badly but it is difficult to beat a team with three star players who are playing so well.
Reply With Quote
  #2113  
Old 30.12.2010, 06:36 PM
Philly86's Avatar
Philly86 Philly86 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.10.2008
Posts: 2,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancashire Bengal View Post
It will be strange seeing Yao in a different uniform but he can't stay fit which is sad to see. It might be time for Houston to move on.

A tough loss at home to Miami last night. We did not play too badly but it is difficult to beat a team with three star players who are playing so well.
First team to score 100 points on Miami in a long time.
Reply With Quote
  #2114  
Old 12.01.2011, 02:02 PM
Philly86's Avatar
Philly86 Philly86 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.10.2008
Posts: 2,084
Default

Poor Dan Gilbert, Karma's a ***** lol
Reply With Quote
  #2115  
Old 12.01.2011, 02:52 PM
Goodfry's Avatar
Goodfry Goodfry is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 22.06.2009
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz_eagles2k8 View Post
Poor Dan Gilbert, Karma's a ***** lol
Karma is aim is very misguided if it's using the La Lakers to impose justice on the world. It seems akin to sending Peter Sutcliffe after a pick pocket.
Reply With Quote
  #2116  
Old 13.01.2011, 03:25 PM
Goodfry's Avatar
Goodfry Goodfry is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 22.06.2009
Posts: 5,792
Default

Anyone else see 5 technical fouls given out in 11 seconds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC22P...layer_embedded

They need to fire every NBA ref and start again. It's on the level of Italian soccer for crookedness.

On the brightside the Heat lose their 13 game road winning streak against the Clippers and the Magic lose their 9 game winning streak against New Orleans.

Blake Griffin = future MVP
Reply With Quote
  #2117  
Old 13.01.2011, 04:22 PM
wuds100's Avatar
wuds100 wuds100 is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 10.11.2006
Posts: 916
Default

Magic at Thunder tonight on ESPN America a rare thurs TNT game from them,
Hopefully they will put the TNT halftime show on as for me they are the best,
Going to go for the Thunder by double digits here as the Magic are playing back
to backs and where beating in a close one last night by the Hornets.
Reply With Quote
  #2118  
Old 13.01.2011, 05:03 PM
Lancashire Bengal's Avatar
Lancashire Bengal Lancashire Bengal is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 10.09.2010
Posts: 1,279
Default

I wouldn't go as far as to say referees are crooked but I am seeing too many "superstar calls" for my liking this season.

Only one win out of 7 for Houston this year as injuries catch up with us. All three centers (Yao, Hayes and Miller) are out leading to some tough losses.

We should have beat Oklahoma City last night but when things aren't going your way they are not going your way.

Stop this senseless talk of Carmelo Anthony coming to Houston, all I want for the Rockets is a healthy center.
Reply With Quote
  #2119  
Old 13.01.2011, 05:53 PM
Philly86's Avatar
Philly86 Philly86 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.10.2008
Posts: 2,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancashire Bengal View Post
I wouldn't go as far as to say referees are crooked but I am seeing too many "superstar calls" for my liking this season.

Only one win out of 7 for Houston this year as injuries catch up with us. All three centers (Yao, Hayes and Miller) are out leading to some tough losses.

We should have beat Oklahoma City last night but when things aren't going your way they are not going your way.

Stop this senseless talk of Carmelo Anthony coming to Houston, all I want for the Rockets is a healthy center.
Houston? I thought it was New Jersey.
Reply With Quote
  #2120  
Old 13.01.2011, 05:55 PM
Philly86's Avatar
Philly86 Philly86 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.10.2008
Posts: 2,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfry View Post
Anyone else see 5 technical fouls given out in 11 seconds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC22P...layer_embedded

They need to fire every NBA ref and start again. It's on the level of Italian soccer for crookedness.

On the brightside the Heat lose their 13 game road winning streak against the Clippers and the Magic lose their 9 game winning streak against New Orleans.

Blake Griffin = future MVP
That first quarter was out of control, their field goal percentage went way down after that. That Blake Griffin is a nightmare, was slam dunking all night.

Not too bothered by the loss, the spurs lost to them.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 12:59 AM.