NBA Thread - Page 212 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 28.12.2010, 08:53 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancashire Bengal View Post
5 wins in a row for the Houston Rockets now after a big 4th quarter carried them past the Washington Wizards for a 100-93 win. Houston are now unbeaten in 8 at home and are 15-15 for the season.

Next up is the Miami Heat at the Toyota Center. Houston are an improving side but I feel that the "Superfriends" may have a bit too much. The Heat looked great on Christmas Day at LA. Shane Battier and the Rockets team will have their hands full.
Rumours Yao will be on the market seems like the right move to make if Houston can find a taker. Like the Wizards they need to blow up this team and start again. Houston seem too much in limbo between youth and experience.
Old 30.12.2010, 06:04 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfry View Post
Rumours Yao will be on the market seems like the right move to make if Houston can find a taker. Like the Wizards they need to blow up this team and start again. Houston seem too much in limbo between youth and experience.
It will be strange seeing Yao in a different uniform but he can't stay fit which is sad to see. It might be time for Houston to move on.

A tough loss at home to Miami last night. We did not play too badly but it is difficult to beat a team with three star players who are playing so well.
Old 30.12.2010, 06:36 PM
All Pro

Quote:
It will be strange seeing Yao in a different uniform but he can't stay fit which is sad to see. It might be time for Houston to move on.

A tough loss at home to Miami last night. We did not play too badly but it is difficult to beat a team with three star players who are playing so well.
First team to score 100 points on Miami in a long time.
Old 12.01.2011, 02:02 PM
All Pro

Poor Dan Gilbert, Karma's a ***** lol
Old 12.01.2011, 02:52 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz_eagles2k8 View Post
Poor Dan Gilbert, Karma's a ***** lol
Karma is aim is very misguided if it's using the La Lakers to impose justice on the world. It seems akin to sending Peter Sutcliffe after a pick pocket.
Old 13.01.2011, 03:25 PM
MVP

Anyone else see 5 technical fouls given out in 11 seconds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC22P...layer_embedded

They need to fire every NBA ref and start again. It's on the level of Italian soccer for crookedness.

On the brightside the Heat lose their 13 game road winning streak against the Clippers and the Magic lose their 9 game winning streak against New Orleans.

Blake Griffin = future MVP
Old 13.01.2011, 04:22 PM
Pro Bowler

Magic at Thunder tonight on ESPN America a rare thurs TNT game from them,
Hopefully they will put the TNT halftime show on as for me they are the best,
Going to go for the Thunder by double digits here as the Magic are playing back
to backs and where beating in a close one last night by the Hornets.
Old 13.01.2011, 05:03 PM
All Pro

I wouldn't go as far as to say referees are crooked but I am seeing too many "superstar calls" for my liking this season.

Only one win out of 7 for Houston this year as injuries catch up with us. All three centers (Yao, Hayes and Miller) are out leading to some tough losses.

We should have beat Oklahoma City last night but when things aren't going your way they are not going your way.

Stop this senseless talk of Carmelo Anthony coming to Houston, all I want for the Rockets is a healthy center.
Old 13.01.2011, 05:53 PM
All Pro

Quote:
I wouldn't go as far as to say referees are crooked but I am seeing too many "superstar calls" for my liking this season.

Only one win out of 7 for Houston this year as injuries catch up with us. All three centers (Yao, Hayes and Miller) are out leading to some tough losses.

We should have beat Oklahoma City last night but when things aren't going your way they are not going your way.

Stop this senseless talk of Carmelo Anthony coming to Houston, all I want for the Rockets is a healthy center.
Houston? I thought it was New Jersey.
Old 13.01.2011, 05:55 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfry View Post
Anyone else see 5 technical fouls given out in 11 seconds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC22P...layer_embedded

They need to fire every NBA ref and start again. It's on the level of Italian soccer for crookedness.

On the brightside the Heat lose their 13 game road winning streak against the Clippers and the Magic lose their 9 game winning streak against New Orleans.

Blake Griffin = future MVP
That first quarter was out of control, their field goal percentage went way down after that. That Blake Griffin is a nightmare, was slam dunking all night.

Not too bothered by the loss, the spurs lost to them.