Colts Back-up QB situation - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Indianapolis Colts

Old 16.08.2010, 08:51 PM
Rookie

Default Colts Back-up QB situation

Things aren't looking to good for Curtis Painter at the moment. Firstly Peyton Manning never gets injured, secondly he was terrible against the 49ers in the first preseason game and finally Tom Brandstater looked good in the short amount of time he was in the field.

Personally I think that on his showing against the 49ers, Brandstater looked in control of the offense and threw some good passes which is more than could be said about Painter.

So I may be wrong but a couple more good showings in pre-season and Tom Brandstater will replace Curtis Painter as the Colts back-up QB
Old 17.08.2010, 11:24 PM
All Pro

I hope they sort something out for when peyton grows old, how much of a massive dissapointment would it be to see peytons colts go downhill when hes gone ?
Old 18.08.2010, 08:52 PM
Pro Bowler

when Peyton goes Colts are finished
Old 18.08.2010, 11:59 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattio13 View Post
when Peyton goes Colts are finished
obviously losing one of the best players to ever play the game will make us a significantly weaker team, but im sure Mr Polian will work something out and we will be just fine...i hope, another thing that no one has realised is that no QB other than manning since 1998 has had a chance to play full time with the first team, we have only seen other QBs being protected by backup Olinemen, throwing to backup WRs, handing off to backup RBs and having only the backup Defence to help out.
Also, i like the look of Brandstater, he looked calm and in control of the offence for the most part.
Old 19.08.2010, 12:48 AM
Rookie

I didn't see much of the game, only the highlights. But from what I've read Painter doesn't seem up to much. Painter was terrible in my pre season games on Madden too haha.

The Colts will have a massive void to fill once Payton goes. I'm more worried about how things will look after Manning, Clark and Wayne are finished. Gonzales can't be the next big receiver surely?
Old 19.08.2010, 04:31 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Poleski View Post
Gonzales can't be the next big receiver surely?
No I don't think he can but I think Garcon has the potential.
Old 19.08.2010, 08:19 PM
Rookie

Garcon's a great talent and another steal from Polian..
Old 21.08.2010, 05:18 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy567 View Post
No I don't think he can but I think Garcon has the potential.
To be fair, we havent really seen all that he can offer, in his first two seasons he was in the slot playing behind Harrison and Wayne, in his 3rd, he got injured on the first play, i still think he can be a great weapon for us, also i think that in the future some of the younger guys, Garcon, Collie, Gonzalez, Tamme, Eldridge will all take over from Wayne, Clarck etc.
Old 23.08.2010, 11:05 AM
Starter

Manning will keep going until he is 40+ and be another Brett Farve. By then a replacement will be found to keep the colts going
Old 29.08.2010, 07:48 PM
Team Captain

After watching Painter's career as a Boilermaker im sure he will come good and be a very decent back up QB. Excluding his final year he lead the Boilers well. He can lead the offense with no huddle and can call the shots.

If peyton gets injured we are in deep trouble no matter who we have in reserve but with Painter playing with the starters he might be a different player. The starters are used to no huddles and Peyton calling the shots so if we did get injured we need a QB that can carry on with that so the starters can carry on with the way they know how to play.