Cowboys Uniforms - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 18.09.2016, 09:05 PM
Pro

Default Cowboys Uniforms

Cowboys fans,

I've been a fan of the NFL for a few years, never really had a team, but I'm thinking the Cowboys are the team for me. I was wondering if a fellow Cowboys fan could answer some of my questions regarding those famous uniforms. They always wear their white uniforms, hardly wear the navy but all the Cowboys fans wear the navy. All in the stands is navy everywhere and no white jerseys? If they hardly wear them why is the navy so popular?
Old 19.09.2016, 05:49 PM
Hall of Fame

The original Cowboys home jersey's, way back in the early 60's, were actually blue, with the white jersey's worn away from home. That was the case across the league, coloured at home, white on the road. That still holds true today, except for the Cowboys.

I'm not sure about 'All in the stands is navy everywhere and no white jerseys'. I'd guess it's a pretty even split, or not far off anyway.
Old 21.09.2016, 10:24 AM
Starter

I would say fans wear the dark jerseys as they are easier to clean / conceal spillage from the tailgate burgers etc.....
Old 21.09.2016, 10:31 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin-Bears11 View Post
I would say fans wear the dark jerseys as they are easier to clean / conceal spillage from the tailgate burgers etc.....
You might be onto something there. I know nothing gets within 5 yards of my White DeMarcus Ware jersey!
Old 31.10.2016, 08:44 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstb-94 View Post
Cowboys fans,

I've been a fan of the NFL for a few years, never really had a team, but I'm thinking the Cowboys are the team for me. I was wondering if a fellow Cowboys fan could answer some of my questions regarding those famous uniforms. They always wear their white uniforms, hardly wear the navy but all the Cowboys fans wear the navy. All in the stands is navy everywhere and no white jerseys? If they hardly wear them why is the navy so popular?
Dallas always wear white due to a decision made by Tex Schramm in the early days of the team.

It was so the fans got to see the colours of other NFL teams at home and to give Dallas an identity home and away as they always wore the white jersey.

The Redskins and I think the Giants occasionally tried to mess with that tradition at times, particularly Washington, by opting to wear white when at home against Dallas but think they have abandoned that now
Old 08.01.2017, 07:33 PM
Rookie

First, greetings to all. I found this site from another UK site where I was looking for info on a British TV show playing here in the States. I'm surprised at the level of interest in the NFL in the UK, but pleasantly so.

As for the Uni's ... it's really just superstition. The early Cowboy's just liked them better and they also showed up better on TV. (Think early 60s B&W tvs)

The team started to force visiting teams to wear their home colors while playing in Dallas... and the tradition was born. Through the years some teams have forced the 'Boys to wear the blue uni's while on the road... but it hasn't stuck.

I don't know how many Cowboy's games y'all get to see each year but I'd say that fans wear both white and blue in roughly equal numbers. It does seem that when Dallas is on the road the fans there tend to wear blue a bit more. But here in Dallas, meaning around town, I see far more white jerseys.
Old 22.01.2017, 11:53 AM
All Pro

Welcome aboard! i think the UK has always had a "base" or core of NFL fans tbh, but it has tended to wax and wane over the years. The International games in London sell out every year-a far cry from when teams came over pre season and Wembley would be barely half full. Personally followed the Boys for a number of years-good and bad The team boards tend to go quiet during the off season-stick around!