Doctor Who - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 22.05.2011, 06:00 PM
Banned

Question

I've started wearing Doc Martens below my suit because I'm sure I read somewhere that the latest Dr Who actor was about to make that cool. I obviously don't want to watch the show (I have a horrible recovered memory from the seventies when my best friend at school invited me to his house for tea but I was then forced to watch it before I got fed) so is that true?
Old 22.05.2011, 08:44 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepalex View Post
Good episode tonight. Good plot and decent character portrayals. The stuff with Rory waiting for ever in the Tardis corridor was pretty freaky.
Agreed, I was half-expecting something to jump out and give me a real fright. I was thankful when it was over!
Old 23.05.2011, 02:32 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingIllini07 View Post
ok... tonights episode.... thoughts:

decent episode, not great, not my favorite of the series, but ok....

I'm a bit bothered by it, because I think a few things are now rather predictable.... hopefully they don't drag this out forever...

1.) Next week's will be a fun romp of the humans and gangers trying to kill each other and arriving at some peace... the doctor will struggle to deal with his doppelganger and they will somehow team up in the end.

2.) The Doctor's "Ganger" is obviously the dude the dude that got killed in episode 1

3.) at some point the doctor will become aware of his fate and his ganger will go on the 200 year adventure having "fun"... then decide to go back, have a nice picnic with friends, then get blasted

should the doctor's ganger get killed at some point, then still, it seems obvious the "Flesh" is somehow involved, whether a new doctor is made or whatever.

also, maybe River did kill the Doctor... (I thought it was too obvious until now)

i don't know, there are like 500 things that need to be worked out... but right now I'm kinda hoping the writers are going to surprise me and they don't hit each point I mentioned above.
This to me seems like the answer. The doctor definately died so it has to be this.

Last edited by nepalex; 29.05.2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old 29.05.2011, 09:29 AM
All Pro

Quote:
This to me seems like the answer. The doctor definately died so it has to be this.
Perhaps not. Destroyed at the end of this last episode. Although the 'real' Doctor said the consciousness might survive.....

And Amy was flesh!!! Never saw that one coming at all!
Old 29.05.2011, 11:14 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Perhaps not. Destroyed at the end of this last episode. Although the 'real' Doctor said the consciousness might survive.....

And Amy was flesh!!! Never saw that one coming at all!
I began to suspect when I was thinking about the scanner not being able to suss her out on board the Tardis. . however even through it had crossed my mind it still smacked me when the revelation came about. . I feel like this series has offered me a blue pill and a red one and I took the wrong one. .
Old 29.05.2011, 06:35 PM
GOAT

How many sonic screw drivers were there in last night episode?
They seemed to be flying around between the Dr and the ganger like no ones business. .lol

So who thinks that Melody is in Amy ponds daughter. . who is River Song. . but changed her name from Melody pond to River Song keeping the theme of the names but changing them around?

So for my money River is Amy's daughter who is the girl in the space suit who kills the DR.
Amy has at some point been cloned or there are alternate timelines, given that the Tardis is showing Amy as pregnant/not pregnant. .Who could the father be?.. Perhaps the baby is a spawn of the silience?
Perhaps the silence are somehow involved in the Doctor's death. They work by suggestion, manipulation, and what was the first thing one of them said to Amy? "You must tell the Doctor. What he must know, and what he must NEVER know."

Im confused. . so much going on!!
Old 29.05.2011, 11:14 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg View Post
They seemed to be flying around between the Dr and the ganger like no ones business. .lol

So who thinks that Melody is in Amy ponds daughter. . who is River Song. . but changed her name from Melody pond to River Song keeping the theme of the names but changing them around?

So for my money River is Amy's daughter who is the girl in the space suit who kills the DR.
Amy has at some point been cloned or there are alternate timelines, given that the Tardis is showing Amy as pregnant/not pregnant. .Who could the father be?.. Perhaps the baby is a spawn of the silience?
Perhaps the silence are somehow involved in the Doctor's death. They work by suggestion, manipulation, and what was the first thing one of them said to Amy? "You must tell the Doctor. What he must know, and what he must NEVER know."

It's so brilliantly confusing! I expect us to get answers Saturday.... but then a whole host more questions to go with them!
Old 29.05.2011, 11:31 PM
GOAT

I do wonder why the Ganger DR had to die through? If they had all gone onto the TARDIS and then used the sonic both DRs would have survive. . and why kill AMY. was it the ONLY way to wake up the real Amy? I ask as the DR had just gone through 2 episodes with all that in an effort to protect the gangers lives only to kill/de-stabilise the fake Amy???
Old 29.05.2011, 11:31 PM
All Pro

Quote:

You're confused? I'm so confused I have no idea who this Melody in your post is!?!

Last edited by Tocheb73; 29.05.2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 29.05.2011, 11:44 PM
All Pro

Quote:
I do wonder why the Ganger DR had to die through? If they had all gone onto the TARDIS and then used the sonic both DRs would have survive. . and why kill AMY. was it the ONLY way to wake up the real Amy? I ask as the DR had just gone through 2 episodes with all that in an effort to protect the gangers lives only to kill/de-stabilise the fake Amy???
I wondered that. They explained it on Confidential as just breaking the connection with the Real Amy, as you might hang up a phone.

But I didn't really get it either... As you say, he'd gone to all that trouble to protect the gangers.

The trailers running for next week's show are interesting. The return of -