NFLUK 2019 7 round Mock Draft-Discussion thread - Page 122 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 16.04.2019, 09:29 AM
All Pro

My pick will be up around lunchtime fellas - sorry in a meeting at work, and haven’t got my board on me atm
Old 16.04.2019, 11:43 AM
All Pro

Pick up PM sent

I should be around this PM, but am on a train so in and out of signal so sent Wayne my picks in case he can post quicker than me!
Old 16.04.2019, 12:29 PM
All Pro

Jacksonville Jaguars draft complete!

7. Jacksonville - Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama
39. Jacksonville (via Green Bay and Tampa Bay) - N’Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State
69. Jacksonville - Amani Oruwariye, CB , Penn State
98. Jacksonville - Joe Jackson, EDGE, Miami
109. Jacksonville - Jaquan Johnson, S, Miami
178. Jacksonville - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
194. Jacksonville (via Green Bay) - Dillon Mitchell, Wide Receiver, Oregon
236. Jacksonville - Hjalte Froholdt, G, Arkansas

First pick came round and I was between between T.J. Hockenson, Jawaan Taylor and Jonah Williams. I predicted that I could find a Tight End or Wide Receiver in the second or third round of the draft and that the priority should be an Offensive Tackle to be a day one starter. I was torn between Jonah Williams and Jawaan Taylor and on another day I would have picked Taylor. What made my decision in the end is that Williams appears to be better in the pass protection game, where as Taylor is better in the run blocking game. I wanted to provide Nick Foles with good protection and then find a weapon for him similar to what he had with either Alshon Jeffrey or Zach Ertz.

I was waiting for my second pick to come and was waiting for a Tight End, Defensive End, Defensive back or Wide Receiver to drop below where I value them.
Noah Fant was already off the board and even Irv Smith Jr. had been selected, all defensive ends of round 1 talent had already been selected and my top two players at safety and at cornerback were selected towards the end of the first round/start of the second round. This left Wide Receiver, with only Metcalf, Butlet and A.J. Brown off the board. N'Keal Harry has incredible highlights and his strengths are completing the contested catches in the middle of the field and being a red zone target. Jacksonville already have Wide Receivers who should threats on the outside down the field.
I traded down (one spot) and managed to pick up pick 194 in the trade, I used the pick to get Dillon Mitchell, who is a Wide Receiver with a lot of potential that slipped down this draft.

In the third round, I couldn't pass on Amani Oruwariye as the best player available, I have him as an early round two prospect and I'm still not sure how he fell this far. A.J. Bouye regressed last season and is on a big contract, so it is worth taking some youth here.

I looked at Joe Jackson as a possible fourth round pick, but as my pick at the end of the third round came around I decided to take him a little earlier. As one of the larger defensive ends (6ft6 260lb) he reminds me of Calais Campbell, Jackson is worth a chance as an understudy to Campbell and a rotational player on the outside.

My fourth round pick ended up being Jaquan Johnson, I find safety to be a position of weakness for Jacksonville and Johnson was by far the best safety on my board at this point. Going for another position such as a Tight End, would be a huge reach with who was available.

After a break in the fifth round, I was back in the sixth and decided that I had to get a Tight End in this draft. Zach Gentry was the best all-round Tight End left on my board.

My final pick was Hjalte Froholdt, who was the best player available in a position I haven't selected yet, we've seen that depth on the O-Line is important and I've since picking him I've found out he's from a town in Denmark I spent a lot of time in, so that's a cool little connection.

Omissions:

I didn't draft a Quarterback! Kessler remained on the roster, I think next year it is worth picking up a Quarterback as a backup/potential starter. That said, I was very tempted by Will Grier, who somehow he dropped to pick 118 and Ryan Finley, who dropped to pick 191.

A Tight End earlier in the draft! Tight Ends were drafted a lot higher than projected this year, maybe I need to re-evaluate my board and how far I had Tight Ends down.

A Running Back! these actually went a lot lower in this years draft, I still have a couple left on the board and I'm sure one will fall to me when we do Undrafted Free Agents.
Old 16.04.2019, 12:31 PM
MVP

Pick made, PM sent.
Old 16.04.2019, 12:45 PM
MVP

Saints draft in the books.

62. Deebo Samuel WR South Carolina
168. Jarrett Stidham QB Auburn
177. Trey Pipkins OT Sioux Falls
202. Jimmy Moreland CB James Madison
231 David Long LB West Virginia
244. Ryan Bates G Penn State
Old 16.04.2019, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Picks posted, PM sent
Old 16.04.2019, 01:25 PM
Hall of Fame

Just trying to sort out a Toddler injury. will get to my pick asap.
Old 16.04.2019, 02:13 PM
Hall of Fame

A little rushed. Pick up. Can someone PM the next GM (Arizona?)
Old 16.04.2019, 02:17 PM
All Pro

will PM him now
Old 16.04.2019, 02:27 PM
All Pro

FYI folks, had a chat with Wayne earlier, UDFA will be next monday/tues/weds , I will post/send details out when 7th round is done and will open it up a few days before for any early entrants!