NFLUK 2019 7 round Mock Draft-Discussion thread - Page 24 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 21.03.2019, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Still slightly bummed that I failed to trade down, but with the way things have panned out, I would have been struggling to make a pick. Might be interested in shopping my two 3rd rounders to move into the 2nd, if the right player’s there.

Had Ferrell going to Oakland (though at #4) and Oliver to Buffalo in my first round Mock last month, both fill a big need for their respective teams.
Old 21.03.2019, 03:09 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Still slightly bummed that I failed to trade down, but with the way things have panned out, I would have been struggling to make a pick. Might be interested in shopping my two 3rd rounders to move into the 2nd, if the right player’s there.

Had Ferrell going to Oakland (though at #4) and Oliver to Buffalo in my first round Mock last month, both fill a big need for their respective teams.
In my mind I had the Lions taking White and someone between 11 and 18 taking Ferrell. Hence I did what I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam66 View Post
Ahh Lester!!

.... *Through gritted teeth* GREAT pick!
Someone like this.

Last edited by LesterHayes; 21.03.2019 at 03:14 PM.
Old 21.03.2019, 03:16 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martz View Post
I thought you might have taken Metcalf at 9, I wouldn't be surprised if he drops to the second round to be honest, there are so many good wide receivers in this draft.
I would have done if the DT wasn't so horrendous past the top few. Williams, Oliver and 1 other, then it's a sea of meh. You look at it and aside from those 3 + Simmons, where are the guys you think could actually be good starters at 4-3 DT?

Whereas at WR there is a shedload of depth as you say, and I noticed when when doing mock simulations there were multiple guys I liked even in the 3rd
Old 21.03.2019, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
In my mind I had the Lions taking White and someone between 11 and 18 taking Ferrell. Hence I did what I did.
Yeah, even though some seem to have dropped Ferrell a bit in their rankings, there was no way he was falling to your second pick. Didn’t give up much, and got one of the best pass rushers in the Draft after previously picking up the best ILB. Don’t think many Raiders fans would be unhappy with that!
Old 21.03.2019, 03:19 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post

I will say, I don't think, if the Bills went DT at 9, they would go Oliver. I think it would be A.N.Other.
Old 21.03.2019, 03:31 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
This.

Sweat was hopefully in play and I planned to move up in the teens to get him. When he went to NY then it was a case of getting a deal I could live with to get as high as possible. Denver settled for something I could live with. Trigger pulled.

2 picks and we are instantly miles better on D IMO.
From a Denver perspective, i was caught between plan A and plan B too much for the Broncos that i went with plan C if I could find a trade I was happy with!
So C it was

Sorry for the delay, negotiations were damn near impossible on my phone with poor coverage so kept logging me out.
I was afraid i was gonna give away the pick for a late 7th rounder or something.

Had i stayed put, would prob have pulled the trigger on haskins but not with any enthusiasm (and galling having picked up Mayfield for them last year)
Old 21.03.2019, 03:41 PM
MVP

Good work Lester. If you had gone DE at #4, I'm not sure that White or another LB wouldn't have lasted until #24 so getting two pieces to give the defense a massive boost has basically only cost the #35 pick. Nice one.
Old 21.03.2019, 03:53 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
I would have done if the DT wasn't so horrendous past the top few. Williams, Oliver and 1 other, then it's a sea of meh. You look at it and aside from those 3 + Simmons, where are the guys you think could actually be good starters at 4-3 DT?

Whereas at WR there is a shedload of depth as you say, and I noticed when when doing mock simulations there were multiple guys I liked even in the 3rd
I thought you would have gone Metcalf because I know how much you rate him - But I would have gone with Oliver as well out those two
Old 21.03.2019, 04:52 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post

I think the DT class this year is pretty good personally - like the guys who are slated to go lower first and second round, certainly some good fits for the Pats there!
Old 21.03.2019, 04:52 PM
Starter

Pick up and PM sent.