Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Old 09.05.2015, 01:56 PM
MVP

Even if the game is bad you've got to love the view
Old 09.05.2015, 05:34 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfry View Post
Going to see my first live NCAA game this winter. Cal @ Utah. Were trying for the Michigan @ Utes games but this one was easily more available. Should be great!
You'll absolutely love it. I caught the bug after my first game two years ago, already been back since and going again this season.
Old 09.05.2015, 06:11 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfry View Post
Going to see my first live NCAA game this winter. Cal @ Utah. Were trying for the Michigan @ Utes games but this one was easily more available. Should be great!
Only been to one game, but nothing beats a college town on gameday, the whole town has a buzz to it, you can walk for miles (or what felt like miles in sweltering heat) and still see loads of fans, the tailgating is awesome, then the atmosphere at the game itself is second to none.

God I wish I was going this year again .
Old 09.05.2015, 07:13 PM
Team Captain

Apologies if its been brought up earlier in the thread. Really looking to get into college football this year. Have read THE SYSTEM and FOURTH AND LONG. Really enjoyed them and think Penn state will be one team I will follow. But was looking for a Texas based team also but there are quite a few so looking for near to Dallas, in the SEC as I have been told this gets good coverage and not a religous based college. Probably wont have a match but worth a try.
Old 09.05.2015, 07:20 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMurphy81 View Post
Apologies if its been brought up earlier in the thread. Really looking to get into college football this year. Have read THE SYSTEM and FOURTH AND LONG. Really enjoyed them and think Penn state will be one team I will follow. But was looking for a Texas based team also but there are quite a few so looking for near to Dallas, in the SEC as I have been told this gets good coverage and not a religous based college. Probably wont have a match but worth a try.
Texas a&m are the only Texas based team in the SEC and they aren't faith based I think It has something to do with the military as theres always cadets.

Dolphin_akie is the guy to fill in the rest about them and info about college station to Dallas
Old 11.05.2015, 03:05 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_T View Post
Texas a&m are the only Texas based team in the SEC and they aren't faith based I think It has something to do with the military as theres always cadets.

Dolphin_akie is the guy to fill in the rest about them and info about college station to Dallas
Great thanks for that. Will keep an eye on them.
Old 11.05.2015, 03:50 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
As Stu said, A&M are the only SEC team in the state of Texas. The campus at College Station on gameday is simply fantastic whether you're tailgating on campus, at a car park nearby or just drinking in the town. The Aggies have a number of great traditions like the yell leaders infront of the student section, the singing of the Aggie war hymn before the game (worth a look on youtube) and the original 12th man (Seattle pay the Aggies a yearly fee to use the name). The people Ive met were incredibly friendly as well so I'd highly recommend you visit. My plans this year mean I probably won't get to a game at Kyle Field but will be in Oxford for away game at Ole Miss.

Despite being our bitter rivals, University of Texas in Austin is supposed to be amazing as well. Austin is the trendiest and most liberal city in Texas with its huge university in the city. Tends to have a lot of great places to go eating and drinking but I haven't been myself yet.

I've only driven through Waco with a brief stop, Baylor's stadium looks impressive but the city itself doesn't seem to have a huge amount going for it. But I could be wrong as I'm basing this on the little I've seen and from speaking to people.

Texas Tech are supposedly rivals of the Aggies as well from the old SWC and Big 12 days but I have a soft spot for them (even more so with Kliff Kingsbury as Head Coach). They reside in Lubbock which isn't far from College Station near Houston. Going to be honest, I don't know where TCU is in relation to Dallas but you already said you didn't want a religious university.
Old 11.05.2015, 04:37 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie View Post
As Stu said, A&M are the only SEC team in the state of Texas. The campus at College Station on gameday is simply fantastic whether you're tailgating on campus, at a car park nearby or just drinking in the town. The Aggies have a number of great traditions like the yell leaders infront of the student section, the singing of the Aggie war hymn before the game (worth a look on youtube) and the original 12th man (Seattle pay the Aggies a yearly fee to use the name). The people Ive met were incredibly friendly as well so I'd highly recommend you visit. My plans this year mean I probably won't get to a game at Kyle Field but will be in Oxford for away game at Ole Miss.

Despite being our bitter rivals, University of Texas in Austin is supposed to be amazing as well. Austin is the trendiest and most liberal city in Texas with its huge university in the city. Tends to have a lot of great places to go eating and drinking but I haven't been myself yet.

I've only driven through Waco with a brief stop, Baylor's stadium looks impressive but the city itself doesn't seem to have a huge amount going for it. But I could be wrong as I'm basing this on the little I've seen and from speaking to people.

Texas Tech are supposedly rivals of the Aggies as well from the old SWC and Big 12 days but I have a soft spot for them (even more so with Kliff Kingsbury as Head Coach). They reside in Lubbock which isn't far from College Station near Houston. Going to be honest, I don't know where TCU is in relation to Dallas but you already said you didn't want a religious university.
Wow thats great knowledge and really helps. Thanks for that. Looking forward to reading up and following their progress.
Old 11.05.2015, 05:39 PM
MVP

Quote:
Wow thats great knowledge and really helps. Thanks for that. Looking forward to reading up and following their progress.
A&M's SEC debut.
Old 11.05.2015, 10:48 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie View Post
but will be in Oxford for away game at Ole Miss.
Are you going to get suited and booted in seersucker for it.