With the fourth pick of the 2014 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select..... - Page 12 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 09.05.2014, 12:43 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev macca View Post
I didn't want manziel for a couple of reasons. I understand kap and wilson have worked out but that doesn't mean every mobile QB will and when it comes time to sit in the pocket or take a step and pass is he good enough?. Another reason was I guess coming from a position of fear. As a browns fan we are already a bit of a laughing stock and manziel is definetly a boom or bust prospect. I don't think say a dalton or schaub type of career will satisfy fans and critics. He has to be a superstar or fail miserably and there is huge potential for egg on the browns face with this pick. I liked carr personally but in an ideal world I wouldn't of took him to second or third round same with teddy. I really like the gilbert pick and what a surprise that was. The only thing I don't understand is why we moved around so much. Did we bite on the eagles drafting manziel rumour.

In the 2nd rd I would like us to take either allen or lee
i think we could risk it as we already had used a 1st round pick, if we only had one then i dont think we take him but the fact we had two and we got another first round next year meant we could pull the trigger and take the obvious risk, with us already having Hoyer the risk, if Hoyer turns out to be as good as we hoped, is even less
Old 09.05.2014, 01:19 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
"Saddle up Cleveland, you're in for a wild ride!"

It's about time we had a player with balls, someone who makes you take notice. Not like Captain America Weeden, who made you notice for the wrong reasons.

Really pleased with how last night went, the best CB and the best QB, oh and a potential top 10 pick next year.

Paul (orange helmet) you have your wish. Let's hope it works out

Btw, did he really do the money thing on stage? Or have i seen some photo shopped pic on twitter?!
Dave , i couldn't be happier with that 1st rd ,.....at long last i'm filled with expectancy & excitement about a Cleveland Browns season , and if it only lasts until he puts a foot on that field ... then that alone will have been worth the pick !!!! , oh and yes he did do the money thing ,,,,, dont you just love Johnny Cleveland
Old 09.05.2014, 01:32 PM
All Pro

Quote:
I don't believe manziel is a farmer choice. Farmer is always stoic and reflective and jumping johnny is a risk. I also want to dispel this belief he's like wilson. He's not he's not as humble. Browns fans the ego has landed
Sorry , i dont agree Manziel is a risk , i think taking him at 22 was a steal , and even if it is a risk , its about time we took some , because our other 'safe' drafting policy sure ain't working .
also he comes across in interviews as a sensible straightforward kind of guy , and since when as having a ego been a bad thing ?.....

he may be a complete flop , he may be a star , personally i'm looking forward to finding out
Old 09.05.2014, 02:31 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHelmet View Post
Dave , i couldn't be happier with that 1st rd ,.....at long last i'm filled with expectancy & excitement about a Cleveland Browns season , and if it only lasts until he puts a foot on that field ... then that alone will have been worth the pick !!!! , oh and yes he did do the money thing ,,,,, dont you just love Johnny Cleveland
Quote:
Sorry , i dont agree Manziel is a risk , i think taking him at 22 was a steal , and even if it is a risk , its about time we took some , because our other 'safe' drafting policy sure ain't working .
also he comes across in interviews as a sensible straightforward kind of guy , and since when as having a ego been a bad thing ?.....

he may be a complete flop , he may be a star , personally i'm looking forward to finding out
I hold my hands up and say I was wrong about him, I preferred us to stay clear until a few months ago, but then I watched some games and realised the ego thing is mostly show. He's a mega talented football player who plays up the JF image a little. We have needed a player with this kind of attitude for years. If he busts then so be it. We drafted Weeden at 22 a couple of years ago so I think I can handle a wasted first round pick.

Can't wait for September

By the way....Gilbert and Haden will be awesome next year, he's learning from one of the best.
Old 09.05.2014, 02:35 PM
All Pro

Cool

Old 09.05.2014, 02:55 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
I hold my hands up and say I was wrong about him, I preferred us to stay clear until a few months ago, but then I watched some games and realised the ego thing is mostly show. He's a mega talented football player who plays up the JF image a little. We have needed a player with this kind of attitude for years. If he busts then so be it. We drafted Weeden at 22 a couple of years ago so I think I can handle a wasted first round pick.

Can't wait for September

By the way....Gilbert and Haden will be awesome next year, he's learning from one of the best.
Thats exactly my point , if hes a bust ...so be it , its not like we've been mega successful in identifying talent , and maybe just maybe , he could be the franchise QB we've been waiting for ..... either way , im excited about this Browns team , ,, thats gotta be a good thing
Old 09.05.2014, 03:01 PM
All Pro

Quote:

I'm not sure you could say our drafting policy is safe when we have reached several times in recent years. Examples would be weeden who never looked like a first second or even third round player-i blame lee for that one. And let's not forget richardson who we traded up for and were extremely lucky to get a first rd pick for. I think and I could be wrong looking at vikes coach-i doubt they would of took manziel and the fact I believe the texans will take the qb from alabama we could of got johnny in the second rd
Old 09.05.2014, 03:15 PM
All Pro

Quote:
I'm not sure you could say our drafting policy is safe when we have reached several times in recent years. Examples would be weeden who never looked like a first second or even third round player-i blame lee for that one. And let's not forget richardson who we traded up for and were extremely lucky to get a first rd pick for. I think and I could be wrong looking at vikes coach-i doubt they would of took manziel and the fact I believe the texans will take the qb from alabama we could of got johnny in the second rd
my point is Kev , we've hardly been a raging success at drafting talent over the years , so whats one more wasted 1st round pick ? , personally , i think Manziel will make it in the NFL , .......... i hope so anyway
Old 09.05.2014, 04:07 PM
All Pro

Quote:
my point is Kev , we've hardly been a raging success at drafting talent over the years , so whats one more wasted 1st round pick ? , personally , i think Manziel will make it in the NFL , .......... i hope so anyway
dont get me wrong i will support manziel all the way, i am just trying to understand the logic of moving up for him when nobody would of taken him before us anyway surely if the eagles were interested they wouldnt of started any negotiating over a trade and i doubt he would of gone to the texans in round 2. i wont subscribe to this notion its ok to waste a pick because we have done it before, to be successful we should be trying to make every pick count.
Old 09.05.2014, 04:28 PM
All Pro

interestingly there is a lot of media in and around cleveland criticising the gilbert pick. one said when you pick at four you pick best player and we should of taken watkins.